[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson has a fragile psyche?

Randall

Thomas Jones is not exactly lighting it up this year. 20+ carries a game for 3.0 ypc.

You'd think with a passing game that he'd be better, not worse.

I don't think it's implausible for Cedric to get a start this year. You, know... unless he's a moron and shoots himself in the foot with a bad attitude.

Pope,

read below.

My old brain can't remember the exact circumstances, but Capt's eval. is pretty close. None the less, He was NOT happy to be a Bear.

Very plausible.

I find that very difficult to believe: why would anyone cry over being passed on by the Dolphins?

:D

-actually never heard that before.

I find that very difficult to believe: why would anyone cry over being passed on by the Dolphins?

:lol:

-actually never heard that before.

Pope,

Seriously, I can't remember the details, but he cried and they were NOT happy tears. It was well known here in Chi. Was even brought out by the draft announcers. I don't think it was a reporters skew, as there are toooo many reporters in Chi that would have ripped him a new one. Ironically, I know very little about college ball, but I was watching the draft at the time Benson was picked, and I remember the comments at the time and later.

Ask Gil, :DGIL!!!!!! He is much more savvy on this stuff than I am, and I respect his opinion, but I saw and heard what I saw and heard! :D

crybaby will get some time this sunday night. the thing is, his teammates don't seem to like him very much. now i don't know if these are the defensive guys or offensive or both. BUT, if your oline doesn't like you, i don't think you are going to be too successful. maybe this situation goes away at some point, like if he breaks one, or jones gets hurt, or he buys the oline some nice rolex's. i'd bet that would get the guys to come around some. i really would like to see him get 30 carries in one game while he's healthy, just to see what he's got.

Pope,

Seriously, I can't remember the details, but he cried and they were NOT happy tears. It was well known here in Chi. Was even brought out by the draft announcers. I don't think it was a reporters skew, as there are toooo many reporters in Chi that would have ripped him a new one. Ironically, I know very little about college ball, but I was watching the draft at the time Benson was picked, and I remember the comments at the time and later.

Ask Gil, :DGIL!!!!!! He is much more savvy on this stuff than I am, and I respect his opinion, but I saw and heard what I saw and heard! :D

If you recall, Benson was crying tears of happiness because he had been put through the wringer by the media because he had dredlocks and played for UT like Ricky Williams who had just quit on his team after flipping out the previous year. There was no way Miami was going to take anyone related to Ricky Williams in any way, so when CHI made Benson the second back taken, it was a moment of joy for him to show that all the scrutiny and comparisons to Williams was not a factor.

I do think it was a reporters skew if it was presented like he was sad he was going to CHI. He screwed himself royally with the holdout, but at the NFL draft he was not unhappy that he was the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Here is an article by the Sun Times after the draft about him.

Chicago is not the place you want to be if you want to be if you act better than anyone else which is what a holdout sort of says. I personally think he is screwed in CHI and much if not most is all his own fault, but the media there takes some amount of artistic license in painting him differently than he is. I think some CHI fans want to keep him around because it is like a sport bashing him.

If you recall, Benson was crying tears of happiness because he had been put through the wringer by the media because he had dredlocks and played for UT like Ricky Williams who had just quit on his team after flipping out the previous year. There was no way Miami was going to take anyone related to Ricky Williams in any way, so when CHI made Benson the second back taken, it was a moment of joy for him to show that all the scrutiny and comparisons to Williams was not a factor.

I do think it was a reporters skew if it was presented like he was sad he was going to CHI. He screwed himself royally with the holdout, but at the NFL draft he was not unhappy that he was the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Here is an article by the Sun Times after the draft about him.

Chicago is not the place you want to be if you want to be if you act better than anyone else which is what a holdout sort of says. I personally think he is screwed in CHI and much if not most is all his own fault, but the media there takes some amount of artistic license in painting him differently than he is. I think some CHI fans want to keep him around because it is like a sport bashing him.

I honestly think they are many, many mixed feelings out there for Benson. Most fans I think really don't know what to think about this guy. He was picked 4th overall after-all so he must have amount of talent. As a Bears fan, I want to personally see if he can carry the full load. That said however, this team has Thomas Jones, a guy who has proven, maybe not at the time when Benson was drafted, that he is a reliable offensive option and unquestioned leader on the team. Jones has been one of the few constants on this Bears offense. Management obviously didn't have much faith in Jones and believed they could not pass on the opportunity to get a true franchise back. Benson had proved in college that he could take a workload and that's what the Bears wanted: a guy who could carry the rock 20-25+ times. I think is the essentially the worse situation the Bears could have hoped for; that both are here, produced last year, and now the rushing game as a whole isn't what it was and everyone is sort of under fire. I really don't see Lovie mixing/changing this up too much. He is obviously going to stay committed to the running game and will sort of split the carries. But unless Benson begins to break off 20 yard run after 20 yard run, Jones will continue to get the majority of the carries. Benson is going to have to realize that his time will come with this team, whenever that might be.