[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stop the presses ... Warner to start

PaulOttCarruth

espn link

what a custerfluck :D

The media spun some vague comments from Denny Green directly after the game into Leinart will start next week.

It's what the media does ... stir manure up. Truth is not relevant anymore, the need to be first to report something and the desire to stimulate conversation is paramount (not facts).

Lastly ... in my many years as a fantasy football player I have learned that very often what a coach says directly after a loss, especially a bad one or one in which they should not have lost, is purely emotional and will not necessarily impact decisions for the next and future weeks.

Denny cooled down and realized that Leinart isn't ready ... furthermore, his comments also served to let Warner know very publicly of his displeasure and that there is a man waiting in the wings to take his spot.

:D at everybody jumping thru hoops to dump Warner and/or add Leinart.

I am not sure it matters. Can you start Warner any week knowing that his leash is so short that he will likely be pulled mid-game after he starts in with the turnovers?

I say dump Warner for someone you know may complete a full game ... the only reason to keep him is if your only other option is K. Collins or the Oak or TB QB situation ...

Edited by Beaumont

It's what the media does ... stir manure up. Truth is not relevant anymore, the need to be first to report something and the desire to stimulate conversation is paramount (not facts).

So, I'm sick today, in a cliaz-type way. Anyway, I'm on my couch, ESPN is on, I sorta drift in and out of sleep, and I hear the talking heads on 1st and 10: They are passionately arguing that Denny Green is completely making the wrong call starting Leinart, he's sending a bad message to a playoff-caliber team that their season is over and they are rebuilding, no faith in veteran leadership, blah blah blah.

I go upstairs to check on email, take a look at thehuddle, see this thread on Warner getting the start. I make some chicken soup, go sit on the couch, and there on NFL Live, the talking heads are passionately arguing that Denny Green is completely making the wrong call starting Warner, he's sending a bad message to a team that could reach the playoffs with anyone but Warner at QB, no faith in Leiart's skills, blah, blah, blah.

Pathetic but true.

I am not sure it matters. Can you start Warner any week knowing that his leash is so short that he will likely be pulled mid-game after he starts in with the turnovers?

I say dump Warner for someone you know may complete a full game ... the only reason to keep him is if your only other option is K. Collins or the Oak or TB QB situation ...

Y'all should listen to this man. He is wise beyond his DW3 win total. :D

Seriously, though, Beau is right. Warner needs at least two more VERY GOOD games before Denny loosens the leash. As long as the leash is tight, he could EASILY be benched in the first quarter -- and end up with negative fantasy points. In fact, I believe that's happened to Warner before...maybe once in New York and once in St. Louis. :D

Y'all should listen to this man. He is wise beyond his DW3 win total. :D

... As long as the leash is tight, he could EASILY be benched in the first quarter -- and end up with negative fantasy points.

It happened last year with McCown in ARI. Not sure about NY.

My only thought about keeping him around (or Leinart for that matter) is for the following matchups:

Week 5 - KC

week 7 - Raiders

week 8 - GB

stash him for weeks 9-15 (could start his vs. STL or DET or DAL if you're feeling lucky) OR he'll probably get injured here and they'll start playing Leinart - freeing up a roster space for you.

After Atlanta is KC and then CHI followed by some sweet matchups with OAK and GB. I think if ARI goes 1-2 in the next three games (ATL, KC, CHI) we'll see Leinart start his reign with OAK and GB. The foundation for a switch has been laid and now begins Leinart's preparation.

From what I hear...didn't see the game...Warner's troubles were the reason they lost. Of course, when you turn the ball over 4 times and your team loses by 2, it's easy to see the mistakes that can be corrected!

I have Warner in both of my leagues, one as a starter over Kitna (14 teams) and the other backing up Hasselback(12 teams). Needless to say, I was one running around picking up a QB in each league. Alex Smith was available to be a bye week filler next week against the Raiders when Hass is on a bye. Leinart was the only guy available other than Huard, Gratkowski or Walter. Since I was not going to drop Warner, picking up Leinart seemed like the best option as they too are playing the Raiders on Kitna's bye.

Fortunately, I squeaked past a few byes this week and had the room to carry 3 QBs for now.