[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I the only guy starting Ron Dayne in week 4?

Raider.Nation

Just wondering how many of you guys out there might actually be starting this guy too?!? Bye weeks to 2 of my starters and injuries to some WR's leaves me with this. :D

And to be quite honest, I'm thinking Dayne could actually have a decent game. MIA's offense has been so pitiful, that it may allow the Texans to play some offense and run the ball. :D

or

I'm a complete duoche who deserves to lose this week? :lol:

Edited by Raider.Nation

Just wondering how many of you guys out there might actually be starting this guy too?!? Bye weeks to 2 of my starters and injuries to some WR's leaves me with this. :D

And to be quite honest, I'm thinking Dayne could actually have a decent game. MIA's offense has been so pitiful, that it may allow the Texans to play some offense and run the ball. :D

or

I'm a complete duoche who deserves to lose this week? :lol:

U are not a duoche bag...to start him. I too am starting him at the moment. He could be a sleeper this weekend....miami isn't that great...

What a sorry sight for fantasy football. All you guys have to start RON DAYNE?? That is absolutely pathetic. I might eat my words, but at the moment....YUCK! Did you guys just not draft for depth or what? Or are you guys in really large leagues? Like 12+? I gotta know your reasoning. It has to be one or the other.... :D

Hell, I tried to trade for him this week (offered Crumpler) and the owner wasn't having it.... Not really sure which is sadder.

Me for wanting him or the other guy that wants to hang on to him

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

What a sorry sight for fantasy football. All you guys have to start RON DAYNE?? That is absolutely pathetic. I might eat my words, but at the moment....YUCK! Did you guys just not draft for depth or what? Or are you guys in really large leagues? Like 12+? I gotta know your reasoning. It has to be one or the other.... :D

14 team league which starts 2 rb's every week. Westy/FWP are my 2 starters, and I was counting on Mike Bell as my no3. Seems how he has become non-existent, I'm going with Dayne. Even than, FWP/Bell are on the same bye so I was screwed from the get go. Wouldn't say it's that pathetic.

I just hope he can fill in decently for me, maybe 60 yards and a touch?!?

Edited by Raider.Nation

In my case, it is a 14 team league. I had to start him in Week 2 because of Portis' injury, and the fact that the league I'm in is filled with RB-whores.

You know who you are. :D

14 team league which starts 2 rb's every week. Westy/FWP are my 2 starters, and I was counting on Mike Bell as my no3. Seems how he has become non-existent, I'm going with Dayne. Even than, FWP/Bell are on the same bye so I was screwed from the get go. Wouldn't say it's that pathetic.

I just hope he can fill in decently for me, maybe 60 yards and a touch?!?

A touch?!? :D I would rather pick up Mack Strong, than start Ron Dayne. Seriously.

In all seriousness, that does kinda suck. Big leagues are tough and you get to insert an RB that is actually starting....

Gotta hope for what we can as a select bunch of Dayne starters... I don't think a touch is that far out of reach.

MIA however, is only allowing 103 per/gm on the ground, and zero TD's so it could be a stretch. I just figure this could be a "semi-decent" game for a HOU RB to perform.

Gotta hope for what we can as a select bunch of Dayne starters... I don't think a touch is that far out of reach.

MIA however, is only allowing 103 per/gm on the ground, and zero TD's so it could be a stretch. I just figure this could be a "semi-decent" game for a HOU RB to perform.

maybe... :D

two of my top 3 backs are on bye in caddy williams and tatum bell. I don't think anyone here has ron dayne as their #1 or #2. bye weeks come up..and sometimes...u have to make the call.

Edited by samurai30

seriously? Why would u wish to have him?

Similar to what you posted above except my top two includes Mike Bell (my coin flip didn't work out so well) and my #3 and #4 suck bad enough to wish for Dayne...or anyone that can sniff enough carries in a game to be at least marginally productive. :D

Edited by Gunther

You should try playing in some of the more competitive, deeper BOTH leagues and see how your opinion changes.

I don't usually do this, but, if that team in your sig was drafted in a re-draft league, please put me on the list to join. Actually, now I'm curious, what type of league is the team in your sig from ?

You should try playing in some of the more competitive, deeper BOTH leagues and see how your opinion changes.

I don't usually do this, but, if that team in your sig was drafted in a re-draft league, please put me on the list to join. Actually, now I'm curious, what type of league is the team in your sig from ?

He's in either a 4 team league, or drafted with a buncha clueless noobs....

I just got Dayne off the WW in one league, but really coulda used him in another league where I drafted M Bell and Lundy :D

I started him this week with Lamont Jordon on a bye. It was either that or Norwood or Marion Barber, both of whom scored zero! :D

And with the sad state of the Raiders, I was almost tempted to keep him ahead of Jordon, but dropped him in favor of Jones-Drew. My next bye is McGahee week 8. By then either J.Jones has had his usual nicks or JAX works J-D inot the linup on a regular basis or both. Could you imagine Jordon AND Dayne as the two starters at this point? :D

I have Tiki on Bye so am also considering it in a flex position with R Brown and R Bush.

Its either Dayne or someone like Cotchery or R Williams. It a real crap shoot. MIA has a decent run defense and Kubiak says he wants to get Gado some PT. And that he wants to use the game to evalute them... evalute them.. duh.

Dayne to get start

When the Texans play the Miami Dolphins on Sunday at Reliant Stadium, Ron Dayne will start his second game at running back.

"I want to see him and Samkon ( Gado) play," coach Gary Kubiak said. "The problem with some of these games we've been in is that it's been hard to evaluate both of them.

"We had 18 carries (Sunday). That's not many plays to evaluate two backs.

"Hopefully, we can come out of a game with 30 or 35 carries where they're splitting time, and we can evaluate both of them."

Edited by RussMan