[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Donnie Edwards

scuba chuck

Edwards, 33, recorded 152 total tackles and three sacks last season. He's a valuable option in IDP leagues, but the fact that he requested a trade could speak of a rift between he and the team and that can't be good for his output. Still, expect at least 100 tackles from him wherever he plays.

Well, through the first two games of the season, he's racked up 9 total tackles. This is a difficult situation no? Is there any news to share on this guy?

Not sure how to take this. I could take your message either way.

My point was that there has been nothing on TV or in print here in SD about Edwards recovering from broken ribs. Admittedly, I may have missed this or, more likely, the media did not consider it newsworthy.

My point was that there has been nothing on TV or in print here in SD about Edwards recovering from broken ribs. Admittedly, I may have missed this or, more likely, the media did not consider it newsworthy.

That's precisely my point (and hope). I did scan through the sports section of the Union Tribune, and I too found nothing on the ribs. The only thing I am finding (not in the UT) is that he's "disgruntled." From your point of view, prior to this thread, every things a go for Donnie right?

I'm surprised to find him on waivers in my local. He has been a bit of a disappointment ytd. I just can't find any news regarding this....

I haven't seen that anywhere.

I cut & paste that from somewhere, still can't find it. I could have sworn it was from the Fantasy Football NFL Team Reports section from The Huddle.

Regardless, I found this next...

--ILB Donnie Edwards seems primed to lead the team in tackles for the fifth straight year, despite still being on the trading block; Edwards has 14 tackles.

I can't find anywhere that says he has 14 tackles. Also, interesting that the format for this quote also looks similar to the one above.

Anyhow, I did pick him up. Seemed too easy.

• 3 weeks later...

So what's the deal? 4 Tackles today? Do I hold on to him when there are more viable options out there on the wire, De Williams for example, or finally cut ties to one of the greatest IDPs ever?

Um, did you see the score? I'm not sure if Gore even had that many touches. I benched Donnie this past week due to the fact that I expected this to be a blow out.

This week they play Larry Johnson and the Chiefs. I'm torn on if I'll start him this week, as this could be a closer game or another blowout. As long as the SD offense continues to put up large offensive outings, it will be difficult to see any significant tackles out of the SD LBs. At this time, I intend to start Donnie as I think the chiefs were pretty embarasssed last week, and want to establish "their game." But, what do I know....