[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. Taken to Hospital

CD6405

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its official, Owens will do ABSOLUTELY anything for more attention.

If you really want to commit suicide (as a man) you get a gun and just do it.

Taking pills to commit suicide is more of a woman thing, and is a cry for help.

This guy is as nutty as they come.

I seriously doubt that even TO would go to this extreme to get attention! There are a million things you can do besides ending your life. And by the way one of my good friends blew his own head off and this is not something to crack jokes about. You people have some compassion. While he acts like a tool, he is still a human being.

Edited by Royal 88s

good lord. This guy is unbelievable.

Whelp since I haven't done anything on the field and since no one was really paying attention to me during my training camp stuff and since my book didn't sell as many copies as I would like it, I'll try and kell myself for attention now.

Trust me, this guy didn't really try to kill himself. People who try to succeed. He is trying at attention.

I agree with you.

If you really want to commit suicide (as a man) you get a gun and just do it.

Yeah or climb a 100 year old tree with a broken collar bone and hang yourself with a garden hose(best friend), basically if he wanted to he could have, and while I agree this was for attention......I really hope he gets some help.

It's obvious that he is in serious need of counseling. This strikes me as yet another cry for attention from someone who's always felt alone. I never liked the guy, but always respected his physical talents on the playing field. I hope he gets the help he needs.

He is a broken man. People have been speculating about which Head Coach wouldbe able to handle him, but the obvious answer is that none of them can because his problems are not football related... they never have been... they just manifest themselves in the locker room because that's his job.

I sincerely hope he can get the help that he needs. I think he should retire, get into some serious therapy, get a doctor that can get him on the proper medication, and just try to enjoy the rest of his life out of the spotlight.

Geesh! If true this explains alot.

and if so, he needs the friend and family he has in his life to stand up and tell him to get professional help.

Regardless of what kind of attempt he made, half-hearted or not on his life, if he doesn't get help the next time he may suceed.

Trust me, this guy didn't really try to kill himself. People who try to succeed. He is trying at attention.

so you only feel sympathy for a person if they actually tried to end their life? maybe he doesn't want to check out but he needs help. regardless of all the football crap he's still a person. no matter what you perceive someone as being, you're never truly happy unless you have a healthy state of mind.

i hope he's OK and gets the support he needs.

Edited by rebdog

I seriously doubt that even TO would go to this extreme to get attention! There are a million things you can do besides ending your life. And by the way one of my good friends blew his own head off and this is not something to crack jokes about. You people have some compassion. While he acts like a tool, he is still a human being.

I'm not cracking jokes. I'm just stating facts.

People that really want to commit suicide, grab a gun and find somewhere that they will not be interrupted.

People that want attention take pills with a companion nearby so they can be rushed to the hospital and saved.

I'm not cracking jokes. I'm just stating facts.

People that really want to commit suicide, grab a gun and find somewhere that they will not be interrupted.

People that want attention take pills with a companion nearby so they can be rushed to the hospital and saved.

Wanting attention to such a degree that you would "risk" your life (whether it's the most efficient form of suicide or not) is still symptomatic of major psychological/emotional problems. Certainly this isn't some crazy kind of publicity stunt... it's not like working out in his driveway for reporters... this goes way beyond anything he has "pulled" for attention in the past.

Having worked in the Mental Health field I know for the avg joe this is an automatic 24 hr admission to a psych ward until the coroner does an assessment to see if he is suicidal. if the coroner deems so it is an automatic 14 day stay.

Having worked in the Mental Health field I know for the avg joe this is an automatic 24 hr admission to a psych ward until the coroner does an assessment to see if he is suicidal. if the coroner deems so it is an automatic 14 day stay.

The coroner does the assesment?

Wanting attention to such a degree that you would "risk" your life (whether it's the most efficient form of suicide or not) is still symptomatic of major psychological/emotional problems.

And this is news? It was clear some time ago that T.O. has these issues. He didn't get help, though those around him suggested he do so. I am not nearly as surprised as some of you I guess. The guy is off center and needs serious help.

Owens left the hospital early this morning and police said they would make a statement during "working hours." A news conference will be held later today, police said. Terrell Owens' publicist, Kim Etheridge, said of the incident, "This is not serious." The source said Owens' status is unknown for today's practice.

Rotoworld

On Tuesday, Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge said of the incident, "This is not serious." NFL Sirius Satellite radio says Owens left a Dallas hospital Wednesday morning.

Here's my take. Owens took some medication, had a reaction and wanted to incite a reaction from the police, public and world by suggesting he was doing it on purpose. He's got be center of attention and this may give him a few days more off in practice.

I doubt he did anything more the spark the situation by some typical, flavorless comments he made .

Betcha this is all being blown out of proportion, and ends up being no big deal. JMHO.

It sure smells like it to me.