[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Shanahan has told Tatum Bell that they will no longer rotate backs

Jumpin Johnies

Tatum Bell is the starter

Broncos HC Mike Shanahan told Tatum Bell he won't rotate with Mike Bell anymore per the Denver Post. "They trust me, and I really appreciate it," said Tatum. "I'm going to make them happy they trust me." Tatum has 295 yards on 58 carries, for a beefy 5.1 average per carry. He's not wearing down late in games (Shanahan's main concern) though coaches made him promise to tell them if he was tired. Mike Bell will spell him in those situations. "I know the deal and I know the coaches want me to keep as fresh as possible," Tatum said. "I plan on being a four-quarter player and a durable player." Mike Bell-owners should make plans to drop him if he's stopping you from making big moves. Otherwise, keep him around because you know how Shanahan changes his mind. But right now, Tatum Bell is a fantasy stud.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh, better back running the football perhaps???, more elusive, faster, more explosive. MBell is my Zona boy but not as talented a runner as Tatum, plus he is a rookie for gawds sake.

I dunno. As a Denver fan I've watched them both run, and I can't see that Tatum is noticebly better. The numbers are remarkably similar too.

I'm glad Shanny made a decision and picked one guy to carry the load, that will definitely help the running game.

But I think he could just as easily sub Mike in there and get very similar results.

I dunno. As a Denver fan I've watched them both run, and I can't see that Tatum is noticebly better. The numbers are remarkably similar too.

I'm glad Shanny made a decision and picked one guy to carry the load, that will definitely help the running game.

But I think he could just as easily sub Mike in there and get very similar results.

This makes my decision to trade SJax for TBell yesterday look alot better. I have mike stashed on my bench too in case Shanny changes his mind.

Yes....tatum is currently 3rd in rushing yards. Potentially a 1,500 yd season for him this year. What a steal for guys that picked him up when mike bell was being taken earlier. Although a season too late, better later then never....shanny was fooling us all along to make Tatum improve into the back he can be.

BroncoBilly we love you but damn you were way off!

:D

Yep, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. Something tells me this isn't over yet, but that's just a hunch and not supported by an tangible info. Usually when Shanahan calls his #1 RB, that's the guy for the season barring injury. I'm just not convinced that T Bell can give DEN the single most important thing it needs to make the offense function efficiently, and that's a credible inside running threat who can consistently keep DEN out of 2nd/3rd & longs. Shanahan sure knows a hell of a lot more about RBs than I do, though...

Meh, I dropped M. Bell and picked up M. Morris. Maybe I'll regret it. Or maybe M. Bell will still be sitting in the waiver wires when I can drop a backup Defense or something and pick him back up. You never know what will happen in Denver. I'd also vote that M. Bell would get similar yards as Tatum if he was given the full time start IMHO. Tatum may have a better chance at breaking a long one, but Mike seems to be better at gaining the extra couple you need for 1st downs and short yardage. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

I'd also vote that M. Bell would get similar yards as Tatum if he was given the full time start IMHO. Tatum may have a better chance at breaking a long one, but Mike seems to be better at gaining the extra couple you need for 1st downs and short yardage. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

That was certainly my point.

As to the theory that this whole thing was "motivation" for T. Bell... I call incredible loads of hooey on that. He sure went a long way to motivate him... including playing Mike at equal carries for two weeks of season football. That's not realistic.

Meh, I dropped M. Bell and picked up M. Morris. Maybe I'll regret it. Or maybe M. Bell will still be sitting in the waiver wires when I can drop a backup Defense or something and pick him back up. You never know what will happen in Denver. I'd also vote that M. Bell would get similar yards as Tatum if he was given the full time start IMHO. Tatum may have a better chance at breaking a long one, but Mike seems to be better at gaining the extra couple you need for 1st downs and short yardage. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

yeah, i agree with that completely...which is why i wasn't much bothered with them using the two in tandem, and actually think it might still be the best strategy.

Whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. Back to Cyclones -- you traded S. Jax for T. Bell straight-up? Now that's ballsy.

I posted about this last night. SJax has been stuffed for negative yards on three different first and goals this year (twice from the six and once from the two.) That's great for my kicker, but not so great for my RB. I also said that SJax is solid, and I think his ceiling is solid. I think T. Bell's ceiling is top 5. With Portis as well I could be unstoppable. Risky yes, but I believe fantasy leagues are won on risks. This was a big one for sure.

Tatum Bell is the starter

Broncos HC Mike Shanahan told Tatum Bell he won't rotate with Mike Bell anymore per the Denver Post. "They trust me, and I really appreciate it," said Tatum. "I'm going to make them happy they trust me." Tatum has 295 yards on 58 carries, for a beefy 5.1 average per carry. He's not wearing down late in games (Shanahan's main concern) though coaches made him promise to tell them if he was tired. Mike Bell will spell him in those situations. "I know the deal and I know the coaches want me to keep as fresh as possible," Tatum said. "I plan on being a four-quarter player and a durable player." Mike Bell-owners should make plans to drop him if he's stopping you from making big moves. Otherwise, keep him around because you know how Shanahan changes his mind. But right now, Tatum Bell is a fantasy stud.

Guaranteed injury in week 5!!! :D