[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nurse says TO taken out of context

Scooby

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TO told police he took the rest of the prescription.

I don't think he did or at least that isn't what I've heard so far. In the police report, it says he has taken five pills to date of the 40. The media is saying that the publicist said that she thought more pills were missing.

I don't think he did or at least that isn't what I've heard so far. In the police report, it says he has taken five pills to date of the 40. The media is saying that the publicist said that she thought more pills were missing.

during an interview of the comp (owens), comp was asked if he had taken the remainder of the prescription, at which time the comp stated, "yes".

TO told police he took the rest of the prescription.

they are all directly out of the leaked police report.

Police reports are not always accurate.

There could have been some confusion. He may not have had all of his faculties at the time and may not have accurately responded to the questions being asked.

someone tell me if any of these facts are in dispute:

- TO ingested 30+ pain pills

- his friend/publicist called 911 reporting a suicide attempt

- TO told police he was depressed and trying to harm himself

- medical staff either induced vomitting or pumped his stomach

#1 is disputed. From the police report #2 appears to be true as does #3, but depending on what the effects of the reaction, he may not been in a state of coherent thought so anything that he did say may or may not be true. #4 is also disputed and until there is a press conference you won't get any type of confirmation at least from medical staff if for no other reason then HIPPA laws.

they should be getting this guy away from the spotlight, away from the dallas cowboys, away from all of this chit and trying to get well.

instead they're throwing him in front of a microphone and a bunch of cameras to smile and say it was all a big misunderstanding. gotta have him for that philly game.

wow. :D

as shameful a day as it was when the cowboys gave this guy $10 million to join their team, this day is shaping up to be about a thousand times MORE shameful. who ever thought that was possible?

The Police Press conference stated it was "not a police incident" which means it was not a suicide attempt. This is because the police would charge him with Reckless Endangerment to himself or at least demand immediate counseling before he would be allowed to leave the hospital.

While a suicide attempt is a "police incident" in most states, I don't believe this is the case in Texas, I could be wrong but I don't believe attempted suicide is a chargeable offense in Texas

Now Owens is going to talk at 3:15 Eastern. I gotta go to class....:D.

Yes, Dion Sanders came out of TO's house and said TO would speak at Valley Ranch at 2:15 (3:15 eastern). Obviously the Cowboys do not want him curling dumb bells in his driveway and want some control of the situation. Just sit back and grab some :D

Edited by charty

But isn't it true that hospitals are legally obligated to hold suicide attempts for a pre-determined amount of time?

Good point. That may vary by state, though.

I find it REALLY odd that the police would report that T.O. TOLD THEM that he ingested 30+ pills and was trying to harm himself. They would have no motive for doing so. However, Jerry Jones would have SIGNIFICANT motive to get T.O. to recant the suicide story.

This is a huge spin-fest mess and it's unfortuante that we'll probably never know the truth. Then again, it's not really any of our business. However, what IS clear is that T.O. has some serious problems. I pray for him.

they should be getting this guy away from the spotlight, away from the dallas cowboys, away from all of this chit and trying to get well.

instead they're throwing him in front of a microphone and a bunch of cameras to smile and say it was all a big misunderstanding. gotta have him for that philly game.

wow. :D

as shameful a day as it was when the cowboys gave this guy $10 million to join their team, this day is shaping up to be about a thousand times MORE shameful. who ever thought that was possible?

Coach Dikta! He said last year:"Whoever takes TO, their team will be destroyed!"

I do hope this is all a bunch of crap. This guy has to have some family and I hope they are not having to deal with too much of this/his shiznit.

There's some greedy people in here, money doesn't buy happiness. He's human just like anyone else and has problems, nobody freaks out when rock stars overdose or act like morons. Hopefully he's ok, and I think there's a press conference at 2:30 (not sure on the time).

No money does not by happiness. I know I was working a job that paid pretty darn well. But it became a job that I used to enjoy to a job that I was miserable at. I get saying well the money is pretty good. Finally one day I woke up after hearing from my wife for a long time that I should just quit and walked in and quit. I am much happier for it. I am making the money I was before no, but is my marriage better yes am i happier yes.

But isn't it true that hospitals are legally obligated to hold suicide attempts for a pre-determined amount of time?

As far as I know, there are guidelines not laws. He was in the hospital overnight. He's back at home. That's similar to experiences that I've had with students who have had the need for mental health services. If he's no longer a threat to himself, he's free to go. There's a lot that we won't know for a long time.

Deion Sanders says he just spoke with TO who told him this was a misunderstanding. If he were tripping out on pain pills, how do you know he was conscience of what he was saying or even was asked? He could have had a really really really bad reaction. I have taken oxycotin before and it knocked my dik in the dirt.

Edited by SuperBalla

While a suicide attempt is a "police incident" in most states, I don't believe this is the case in Texas, I could be wrong but I don't believe attempted suicide is a chargeable offense in Texas

No, but in Texas not converting on a fourth and one is.. :D

I knew a person with bipolar disorder and watched him deal with that for years. Not a medical professional, but with all the teams he has played for having offered him counseling for dramatic mood swings and even in the last 24 hours going from possibly suicidal to smiling and giving the thumbs-up to reporters, doesn't this look like CLASSIC BPD?

Any medical folks out there?

Edited by STL Fan

Deion Sanders says he just spoke with TO who told him this was a misunderstanding. If he were tripping out on pain pills, how do you know he was conscience of what he was saying or even was asked? He could have had a really really really bad reaction. I have taking oxycotin before and it knocked my dik in the dirt.

I could see that happening. I mean T.O. probably takes so many pills every day, and if he was whacked on the pain meds and got confused. It could happen.

The cynical side of me still thinks "publicity stunt", but it is entirely possible this was just a major screw-up on his part.