[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nurse says TO taken out of context

Scooby

The cynical side of me still thinks "publicity stunt", but it is entirely possible this was just a major screw-up on his part.

I seriously doubt that he'd stoop THAT low for the sake of publicity. His other publicity stunts (obnoxious TD celebrations, doing sit-ups in his driveway) were much more positive in nature.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read much of this topic... I just got up and saw afew of the headlines...

If this is true I am deeply saddened for TO.

Yes, he is a jerk and has done some not so good things, but there is obveously something much more serious going on here.

He has cried out for attention so long, I don't know why we all missed this comming...

I'm not standing up for TO, or justifying anything he has done. I still feel he is a disgrace to football...

I'm simply saying this man needs help, and is begging for someone to help him...

My prayers go out to TO and all of his family. :D

Wasn't there a lineman in Oakland that did something similar to this? Did he commit suicide? He was bi-polor I thought. He shot at cops or something?

i think it was their center Barrett? He went awol the night before the SB. Later boke into a store and fired shots or was fired on......Bi-polar can ruin more lives than your own.....

Wasn't there a lineman in Oakland that did something similar to this? Did he commit suicide? He was bi-polor I thought. He shot at cops or something?

Barrett Robbins - but he was also somewhat crazy. His episodes were a lot worse than this.

Barrett Robbins - but he was also somewhat crazy. His episodes were a lot worse than this.

Crazy and Bipolar are not quite the same thing.

Being Bipolar is a very serious thing that most people struggle their whole lives to gain a handle on.

He had it under control for the most part, but it just slipped away from him.

Edited by kpholmes

I think no matter what is said in any press conferences, people will still believe what they want to believe. If this were another player, (Hines Ward, M. Muhammad, for example) it wouldnt be blown up as much or have conspiracy theories. But because it is T.O. the media has to make headlines out of it. But it's his own fault thats the way the media is because of his history.

I think no matter what is said in any press conferences, people will still believe what they want to believe. If this were another player, (Hines Ward, M. Muhammad, for example) it wouldnt be blown up as much or have conspiracy theories. But because it is T.O. the media has to make headlines out of it.

Uhhhh....A Dallas police report claims he attempted to commit suicide so exactly how is the media blowing it out of proportion?

Police reports are not always accurate.

There could have been some confusion. He may not have had all of his faculties at the time and may not have accurately responded to the questions being asked.

sounds like a TO owner.

Seriously, we will never know the truth, but we can draw conclusions from what has been divulged and based on the context of what he has done to date.

IMHO TO has issues (to what degree I am not sure). Something happened last night. The main catalyst for all of this is whether he actually took a large amount (35) of pills. Taking 35 pain pills is a serious issue that should supercede everything afterwards. Yea maybe he was groggy, maybe his publicist was a friend and today a publicist again, maybe the Police misunderstood, maybe I like to wear loose fitting licorice underwear that make me feel sexy.... you get the point

Read b/w the lines and draw your own conclusion. He needs help, let's hope he gets it.

Uhhhh....A Dallas police report claims he attempted to commit suicide so exactly how is the media blowing it out of proportion?

But early Wednesday, several media outlets received a police report -- that had yet to be released by the authorities -- saying Owens had attempted suicide by overdosing on the painkillers, even putting two more pills into his mouth after an unidentified friend intervened.

The police document, first reported by WFAA-TV, said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes."'

When officially released by police, about half the document was blacked out, including the phrases "attempting suicide by prescription pain medication" and "a drug overdose," as well as the details of Owens having two pills pried from his mouth and Owens saying "Yes" when asked if he intended to harm himself.

Etheredge, who said she was the friend cited in the police document, told Dallas-area media Wednesday that the police got the story wrong.

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer

September 27, 2006

I think reporting that he tried committing suicide before full police reports have yet to be released by authorities is jumping to conclusions. When conclusions are made, they tend to get blown out of proportion.

But early Wednesday, several media outlets received a police report...............

Yea...how is the media blowing things out of proportion by reporting stuff in a leaked police report where TO admitted that he tried to kill himself?

Edited by bushwacked

Yea...how is the media blowing things out of proportion by reporting stuff in a leaked police report where TO admitted that he tried to kill himself?

TO can't kill himself, he knows we need him. This is a clear reflection of our insane media today.

Edited by SuperBalla