[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tapes from night of foley shooting

scuba chuck

That's the big inconsistency in the cops story right there.

How do you shoot someone IN THE BACK OF THE LEG....TWICE when they're supposedly coming towards you?

Hint...YOU CAN'T

BTW, here's McBoog's own link that he provided before his response in this thread, with the description of Foley's wounds:

McBoog's link

He sustained wounds to his hand, upper thigh and lower inner thigh, a source said.

Nowhere does it say anything about being shot twice from behind. McBoog's anti-cop stance on this is pretty clear from his responses in this and the other thread that he linked, and he provided absolutely nothing to sustain his claim that Foley was shot from the back, and the link he provided certainly says nothing of the sort.

Way to slam dunk your case, Perry Mason.

Edited by Bronco Billy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what, find me a link (that has at least marginal credibility) that Foley's wounds were caused by a gun shot that entered the back of his leg, would you?

Ask and ye shall receive;

www.nbcsports.com

Foley, who is 6-foot-4, 265 pounds, was shot three times -- twice in the back of the left leg and once on the outside of the left thigh -- by an off-duty Coronado police officer. San Diego County sheriff's officials said the officer followed Foley's restored classic car on suspicion that the driver was drunk after spotting the car weaving and driving at speeds up to 90 mph.

The only reason I quoted McBoog's post was because I knew he'd been shot in the back of the leg a couple of times and by your strongly opinionated posts on this subject, I assumed you were aware of all the facts too. Just lazy about digging up the article on it and providing you the link

Don't worry though, I won't make the same mistake again.

Thinking you know what you're talking about that is :D

The only reason I quoted McBoog's post was because I knew he'd been shot in the back of the leg a couple of times and by your strongly opinionated posts on this subject, I assumed you were aware of all the facts too. Just lazy about digging up the article on it and providing you the link

Why is it that I can find no other source that says the wounds are in the back of the leg, and that NBC's report is completely inconsistent with the SD paper's report?

I would think that if the wounds were in the back of his leg that every story reporting on this would have mentioned it. Color me highly skeptical.

Post edit - I found other reports where 2 of the wounds were in the back of Foley's leg - according to Foley's agent by every account that quoted the source of the information. So now we have two different accounts of where the wounds are. If the entry wounds are in fact in the back of Foley's legs, that would change my opinion on this matter completely, but I'm still skeptical given the source of the information. We'll see.

Here's a statement crediting the agent: "Foley was shot three times – twice in the back of the left leg and once on the outside of the left thigh, agent David Levine said in a prepared statement."

link

I'll say it right now, if the entry wounds are in the back of Foley's leg, that changes my opinion completely on the matter - not on the drunk driving part, but on the behavior of the cop after the stop.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:D I wonder why none of these citizens of these several vehicles that were nearly hit by the speeding Foley, have not come forward to verify / corroborate the cops story? :D

As long as everyone weaves in the same pattern you can maintain a safe distance between vehicles, it's not really that dangerous.

jeebus- how does it feel to know EVERYTHING?

I normally do not respond in your vicinty because you bore me and I think you are a know-it-all condescending jackazz, but I can't help myself here.

A bad situation was escalated by the cop, and IMO anyone with some common sense can see so many mistakes in this scenario it is not even funny.

Bronco Billy has been here a long time, and is pretty well respected. Though his posts might bore you, he backs up his opinions with some facts, and usually refrains from name-calling when someone disagrees with his opinion.

In most of your posts where someone disagrees with you, we always get this response:

IMO anyone with some common sense can see so many mistakes in this scenario it is not even funny.

Essentially, you always say that anyone with 'common sense' will agree with you. Then you almost always follow it with a personal attack on somebody.

Instead of ripping BB, you should probably be taking notes.

P.S. I'll await your scathing, attacking response.

Bronco Billy has been here a long time, and is pretty well respected. Though his posts might bore you, he backs up his opinions with some facts, and usually refrains from name-calling when someone disagrees with his opinion.

In most of your posts where someone disagrees with you, we always get this response:

IMO anyone with some common sense can see so many mistakes in this scenario it is not even funny.

Essentially, you always say that anyone with 'common sense' will agree with you. Then you almost always follow it with a personal attack on somebody.

Don't worry about it, Menudo. His responses say a lot more about him than they do about me or anyone else that he addresses. People here are smart enough to figure that out.

And what the hell kind of user name is Menudo, anyhow?

First off none of us were there so we really dont know what went on. It's easy to play arm chair QB months after the fact :D . So, many people jump at the chance to say the police were wrong and they are lying. I would imagine most of these type of people also support the Clintons as well :D

As opposed to supporting the war mongering Bush hyenas...What a dumb$hit. What a wonderful, safer place he has provided the world.

Stop with the Bush/Clinton nonsense. We have a forum set up specifically for that stuff.

We ought to stay relatively on subject.

Now... wildcat, what were you saying about Bronco Billy being a moron? :D

jk. Obviously, there are too many conflicting reports to make a decision one way or the other. If we can't even find a credible source on where he was shot (hand? leg? once or twice?)... then we certainly can't know that this cop had reason to pull him over and shoot him, or that Foley did or didn't know he was a cop.

Anyone who forms a solid opinion is making assumptions that they shouldn't be making yet.

Why is it that I can find no other source that says the wounds are in the back of the leg, and that NBC's report is completely inconsistent with the SD paper's report?

I would think that if the wounds were in the back of his leg that every story reporting on this would have mentioned it. Color me highly skeptical.

Post edit - I found other reports where 2 of the wounds were in the back of Foley's leg - according to Foley's agent by every account that quoted the source of the information. So now we have two different accounts of where the wounds are. If the entry wounds are in fact in the back of Foley's legs, that would change my opinion on this matter completely, but I'm still skeptical given the source of the information. We'll see.

Here's a statement crediting the agent: "Foley was shot three times – twice in the back of the left leg and once on the outside of the left thigh, agent David Levine said in a prepared statement."

link

I'll say it right now, if the entry wounds are in the back of Foley's leg, that changes my opinion completely on the matter - not on the drunk driving part, but on the behavior of the cop after the stop.

Bullet wound entrances & exits, are easily verifiable these days with modern forensics. NBC is a pretty darn credible source. The big networks are very careful on confirming their reporting these days, especially since the black eye CBS got for running that unconfirmed story a year or so ago. I'd be about 99.9% certain NBC used the freedom of information act to pull the police report detailing the bullet wounds entrance areas, before the editor would allow that story with those particular details to run.

The Docs that operated on Foley also know where those bullets entered his leg & you know Foley gave his agent full access to his medical records.

I think you can probably put your skepticism aside & go ahead and change your opinion on the cops actions.

:D what is your point? I think BB can speak for himself, way to stick up for him though - and there were no facts to be seen in BB first post. BB and I know where we stand, no worries, uh and not notes will be taken.

Anyone with common sense IMO would realize that 3 warning shots followed by burying 3 live rounds into a suspected drunk driver when he is in his own driveway by an off duty cop out of his jurisdiction in an unmarked car at 3 AM is not effed up? unreal.

Not sure about Steeltown, but I certainly do not want cops acting like that in Seattle. And you know what- they don't because it is so far from normal police procedure IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY.

Bullet wound entrances & exits, are easily verifiable these days with modern forensics. NBC is a pretty darn credible source. The big networks are very careful on confirming their reporting these days, especially since the black eye CBS got for running that unconfirmed story a year or so ago. I'd be about 99.9% certain NBC used the freedom of information act to pull the police report detailing the bullet wounds entrance areas, before the editor would allow that story with those particular details to run.

The Docs that operated on Foley also know where those bullets entered his leg & you know Foley gave his agent full access to his medical records.

You won't be too disappointed if I wait to get the word from the police and/or a medical professional familiar with the case that states the same thing that Foley's agent did before I make up my mind, do you? I do think this is critical information as far as my opinion goes as to which side is telling the biggest whoppers in this whole mess.

Not at all, I understand morans and mentally raytarded people have thier own issues to deal with, you can think whatever you want, billy.

Well, if your previous comment didn't quite convince me with its unassailable logic, I ought to have a really difficult time resisting this one changing my mind.

:D

You won't be too disappointed if I wait to get the word from the police and/or a medical professional familiar with the case that states the same thing that Foley's agent did before I make up my mind, do you? I do think this is critical information as far as my opinion goes as to which side is telling the biggest whoppers in this whole mess.

Nah, you do what you want. :D

Just chill out with the smart aleck comments though, Ok? Your Perry Mason line while cute & all, was way out of line. Just because you don't have all the reported facts, doesn't mean others don't. :D

Nah, you do what you want. :D

Just chill out with the smart aleck comments though, Ok? Your Perry Mason line while cute & all, was way out of line. Just because you don't have all the reported facts, doesn't mean others don't. :D

BS, it's not a "fact" because the player's agent says it is. C'mon, you're smarter than that.

BS, it's not a "fact" because the player's agent says it is. C'mon, you're smarter than that.

BB the flip side, is that what the cop says happened, is not necessarily a "fact" either, is it? His entire story is shaky and definitely the way it went down, is NOT SOP. C'mon, you're smarter than that.

Also, I specifically said REPORTED facts and it's not only the agent saying it, but the National Broadcast Company, a highly respected news source.