[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TOs Press Conference

Vet

Well, that clears it up.

Let's play some football! Throw the man the damn ball!

The thing here is, I don't believe anyone involved in this whole thing. I don't believe a word TO says, I don't believe his "publicist", I don't believe Drew Rosenhaus, I don't believe Jerry Jones, I don't believe Deion Sanders, I don't believe the police.

I hope we can get back to football now.

Edited by Vet

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would someone take their pills out of their bottle to just place them in a drawer somewhere? I'm sorry, but that really doesn't make much sense.

Maybe he wanted someone to think he took them. Or, maybe he just likes to keep miscellaneous pills scattered about in his dresser drawer.

Why would someone take their pills out of their bottle to just place them in a drawer somewhere? I'm sorry, but that really doesn't make much sense.

Why would someone who tried to kill themselves 19 hours ago hold a press conference before going back to practice?

No kidding. This is a cover-up of epic proportions.

I hope that the Cowboys are giving T.O. the help he needs behind the scenes.

Why would someone who tried to kill themselves 19 hours ago hold a press conference before going back to practice?

Damage control. Contracts in the NFL aren't guaranteed money, and with all the baggage that T.O. already carries with him, I'd have to think he'd have a real difficult time getting a contract with much of a signing bonus (the only guaranteed money) at all after adding a recent suicide attempt to all the other baggage.

Now answer mine.

allergic reaction :D

i wonder if the cowboys and TO's handlers will allow the release of the 911 call and the medical reports to corroborate their story. :D

of course, by law, neither the police nor the hospital staff can say anything about what really happened if there was actually any kind of suicide attempt. if it was an allergic reaction, they could very easily come out and confirm everything TO's publicist said. keep an eye on the comments, or even more telling the LACK of comments, coming forward from those sources in the next few days.

I hope that the Cowboys are giving T.O. the help he needs behind the scenes.

I hope so. Michael Smith was saying that people from the Eagles and 49ers have said that they've mentioned to T.O. the idea of him getting some type of mental health help in the past, but that he declined to do so.

Just heard the press conference on The Ticket. Lots of cover-up going on here. T.O. said his stomach was not pumped and that if he had really taken all those pills it would have killed him. I do believe the police. These are sworn affidavits...no reason to lie. His female publicist is completely incredible. She said she forgot a lot of what happened. No way. This whole thing stinks of cover-up.

Obviously T.O. is very troubled and needs help.

For my own peace of mind, I'm going to buy everything I have heard. T.O. might have a lot of character flaws, but he isn't really known as a liar. If anything, he seems to be brutally honest with disregard as to the repercussions from his statements. And he answered the questions. We'll never know for sure, but I'm buying T.O.'s story.

Nothing to see here. Back to football.

Edited by rattsass

Damage control. Contracts in the NFL aren't guaranteed money, and with all the baggage that T.O. already carries with him, I'd have to think he'd have a real difficult time getting a contract with much of a signing bonus (the only guaranteed money) at all after adding a recent suicide attempt to all the other baggage.

Now answer mine.

I take pills out of bottles to save them for a "rainy day". Same goes with people who are having their medication "monitored". The ol' make it look like you're taking it, even though you don't like it and it makes you feel sick routine.

We may never know the whole situation, but I find a professional athlete the magnitude of TO trying to kill himself more bizarre than the notion that a guy with a broken finger would hide his pain pills from his trainers. Especially when he's discharged from the hospital, and practicing the next day.

allergic reaction :D

i wonder if the cowboys and TO's handlers will allow the release of the 911 call and the medical reports to corroborate their story. :D

of course, by law, neither the police nor the hospital staff can say anything about what really happened if there was actually any kind of suicide attempt. if it was an allergic reaction, they could very easily come out and confirm everything TO's publicist said. keep an eye on the comments, or even more telling the LACK of comments, coming forward from those sources in the next few days.

I think that one the AP requests it, the 911 calls can be made public.

They have no say in the matter...the Freedom of Information Act requirs that all 911-tapes be made available to media outlets. The AP has already filed a request for access to the tapes, which apparently will be made available later today or tomorrow.

It will be interesting to hear the panic (if any) in his publicist's voice, as well as how she describes the incident to the 911 operator.

That's what we do in my house. As soon as we get any medication we pour it out of the bottle, disregard the warnings on the label, throw the bottle out and pour them into a draw. Then when we feel a little ill, we put a blindfold on, reach into the drawer, and grab a big handfull. It's fitting this had Cowboys logo's in the background, because it's heavily sprinkled in horseoh poopy :D:D:lol::lol::brew::woot::brow:

They have no say in the matter...the Freedom of Information Act requirs that all 911-tapes be made available to media outlets. The AP has already filed a request for access to the tapes, which apparently will be made available later today or tomorrow.

It will be interesting to hear the panic (if any) in his publicist's voice, as well as how she describes the incident to the 911 operator.

it's my understanding the same is true of the police report. the nfl network guys were making a big deal about someone "leaking" the police report to the media. aren't police reports public record? i thought anyone could request them, journalist or otherwise.

I dont believe anything that anyone is saying. I do believe if the hospital believes it was a legit suicide attempt they hold the patient for at least 24 hours for psychiatric evaluation. I also believe if someone takes 35 pills one night he does not work out and practice the next day. Something stinks here, and there is definately a cover up. But I dont believe it was a 35 pill suicide attempt.