[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just traded FOR Lamont Jordan

msaint

Just trying to see if any of you have traded for Lamont, and what you paid for him if you did.

In my case, today I dealt Ahman & B.Berrian for Lamont & C.Cooley (just lost V.Davis, TE required). I figured if there's any time to buy low on Jordan -- reeeeal low, as poorly as Lamont/Raiders are playing -- it's now because, as other threads have noted:

1. Maybe OAK got things at least a little more sorted out during the bye week.

2. Coach Non-Blinking, Mouth-Breathing Lunkhead (aka Coach Art Shell) says he'll start using Lamont more in -- what a revelation! -- the passing game of all things, where he only snagged 70 balls last year.

3. They have CLE, SF coming up...not exactly SD and BAL defenses. If there's a time to get Lamont going, it's now.

4. O-Line, while still not great, at least gets healthier with (possible) return of Gallery, Sims, and other banged up guys has a week to rest. That said, OAK is ranked last in total offense, passing offense, first downs, sacks allowed and are 31st in points scored. Hope this turns around, will likely be the biggest factor in Jordan's success along with Shell getting him involved in the passing game.

5. OAK might have to lean on Lamont even more with Walter at the helm.

There's obviously huge risk in buying Lamont now, but in my case there was as much risk in Ahman lasting all season, and it's not often you can get a first-rounder relatively cheaply (I loved Ahman's start, looks pretty good so far, but still)....so, anyone else targeting Jordan? If so, what did you give up for him?

Edited by msaint

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Raiders still in the NFL? Seem more like a llA college team.

...with a Division III coach. I've never seen a coach so clearly unqualified for/overwhelmed by a head coaching job. And we spent some time with Rod Rust up here in NE!

I think it's an ok risk to take. I do like what Green has been doing, but if Shell does use Jordan more, they should be pretty close. the trade looks pretty fair - Berrian is getting a lot of looks, as is Cooley.

On a related note, I have been considering trading one of my solid backs for Randy Moss. I HATE Moss, but something tells me he might win a game or two for me - as I have some pretty weak receivers in this particular league. I can't see how the Raiders could do any worse, and if Jordan gets more looks, it should draw attention away from Moss from time to time.

I think your trade is a reasonable one, considering your take on it. Good luck.

Oh my goodness!! What genius was bright enough that he actually found some idiot to take Lamont off his hands??!?!? I was just turned down for both Greg Jennings and Bobby Engram. Sure, Lamont has got to improve, but still, that improvement won't put him in the top 20 backs this season. The Raiders are THAT bad, and Lamont isn't that talented.

Oh my goodness!! What genius was bright enough that he actually found some idiot to take Lamont off his hands??!?!? I was just turned down for both Greg Jennings and Bobby Engram. Sure, Lamont has got to improve, but still, that improvement won't put him in the top 20 backs this season. The Raiders are THAT bad, and Lamont isn't that talented.

I disagree - I think it's a great time to get Lamont cheap, but I would try to get him for less than Ahman Green and Berrian.

But who said Chris Cooley is getting plenty of looks? He can get all the looks he wants, I need him to start catching the damm ball!

Lamont was dropped in three out of four of my leagues right before the bye.

I picked him up in two, and I'm still debating whether to drop D. Williams for him in another.

That's ridiculous - and yes, I'd drop D. Williams for him. MSaint makes some good points, OAK had very tough opponents the first 2 games and it's an underachieving O-line that should play better.

In my main league I'm playing the guy with Lamont this week, so hoping he has one more bad game, then I might try to swing a deal for him myself.

(Disclosure: I'm a Raiders fan AND still have the warm fuzzies from owning Lamont last year...)

I was just turned down for both Greg Jennings and Bobby Engram.

confused...you were trying to trade lamont away in exchange for bobby engram, straight up? or you were trying to give up engram and get lamont? i hope the latter, otherwise your 'hawks homerism got the best of you with that dumb offer.

...and Lamont isn't that talented.

i'm not trying to pretend i got a steal or that lamont is a #1 (or even #2 or #3) RB right now the way he (and the raiders) have played so far. he's FAR from a solid bet for good #s the rest of the way, huge risk, and i wasn't looking for people to say i made a good trade (was just curious what people got/gave up for jordan). but kneejerk statements like the above crack me up: he caught 70 passes last year, had 1600 total yards, 11 TDs, but now, after two games against the chargers and ravens D's, he's "not that talented"? c'mon, that's just silly. the team/circumstances may have changed, but he's not suddenly less talented than he was a year ago.

Edited by msaint

i'm not trying to pretend i got a steal or that lamont is a #1 (or even #2 or #3) RB right now the way he (and the raiders) have played so far. he's FAR from a solid bet for good #s the rest of the way, huge risk, and i wasn't looking for people to say i made a good trade (was just curious what people got/gave up for jordan). but kneejerk statements like the above crack me up: he caught 70 passes last year, had 1600 total yards, 11 TDs, but now, after two games against the chargers and ravens D's, he's "not that talented"? c'mon, that's just silly. the team/circumstances may have changed, but he's not suddenly less talented than he was a year ago.

I am wondering what his value is as well. We all know he has sucked so far and the time to get him is now. He could be a perfect fill-in for the guy that needs some depth at RB. He has to get better. The thing is, he can suck to the holy heavens but he is a #1 (?) RB that performed last year so he has this sense of credibility attached to him. I have put some feelers out there and his owners still look for high quality in return. Straight up can you get him for Maroney? Reggie Brown? Antonio Bryant? I don't know, but I would like to. :D

To me, you dealt a (preseason ranked) 1/2 round RB and FA pickup for a 1/2 round RB and tight end with some upside. With your need for a TE, I think was a good move for you. Cooley is the wild card. He has A LOT of potential. He did great last year (but they were running a different offense). With Al Saunders running the show, you saw what his offense did for Gonzo. Gibbs is no idiot and historically had his TEs involved in his offense. The biggest problem seems to be the adjustment to Saunder's massive playbook.

I agree he has a lot of upside. You traded for players you may not use much so it could be a good trade. The Raiders have talent and if you are in the playoffs it could be a great trade.

In 8 weeks they may gain some yards. Every team improves :D at least they should.

I am wondering what his value is as well. We all know he has sucked so far and the time to get him is now. He could be a perfect fill-in for the guy that needs some depth at RB. He has to get better. The thing is, he can suck to the holy heavens but he is a #1 (?) RB that performed last year so he has this sense of credibility attached to him. I have put some feelers out there and his owners still look for high quality in return. Straight up can you get him for Maroney? Reggie Brown? Antonio Bryant? I don't know, but I would like to. :D

A competitor has him at #25, between Jamal and Barlow.

Edited by Randall

A competitor has him at #25, between Jamal and Barlow.

OK, now EVEN I have to say that the pendulum is swinging too far in the other direction. Jordan may now be starting to become undervalued....or at least fairly valued.

OK, now EVEN I have to say that the pendulum is swinging too far in the other direction. Jordan may now be starting to become undervalued....or at least fairly valued.

On an Rb level, I can see the Jamal equivalency. From a WR standpoint, in a PPR league, if I needed a WR I could see guys like Bryant or Plaxico getting LJ2.

Just trying to see if any of you have traded for Lamont, and what you paid for him if you did.

In my case, today I dealt Ahman & B.Berrian for Lamont & C.Cooley (just lost V.Davis, TE required). I figured if there's any time to buy low on Jordan -- reeeeal low, as poorly as Lamont/Raiders are playing -- it's now because, as other threads have noted:

1. Maybe OAK got things at least a little more sorted out during the bye week.

2. Coach Non-Blinking, Mouth-Breathing Lunkhead (aka Coach Art Shell) says he'll start using Lamont more in -- what a revelation! -- the passing game of all things, where he only snagged 70 balls last year.

3. They have CLE, SF coming up...not exactly SD and BAL defenses. If there's a time to get Lamont going, it's now.

4. O-Line, while still not great, at least gets healthier with (possible) return of Gallery, Sims, and other banged up guys has a week to rest. That said, OAK is ranked last in total offense, passing offense, first downs, sacks allowed and are 31st in points scored. Hope this turns around, will likely be the biggest factor in Jordan's success along with Shell getting him involved in the passing game.

5. OAK might have to lean on Lamont even more with Walter at the helm.

There's obviously huge risk in buying Lamont now, but in my case there was as much risk in Ahman lasting all season, and it's not often you can get a first-rounder relatively cheaply (I loved Ahman's start, looks pretty good so far, but still)....so, anyone else targeting Jordan? If so, what did you give up for him?

He's definitely a buy low option right now and it depends on your current RB and who you give up.

I like your deal though....Jordan has more upside.

Someone one of my leagues actually dropped him for Michael Turner....his other RB are McAllister and Betts :D ....unreal. I tried to get him but a team with a lower WW claim got him.

I did not have a viable 2nd RB so I traded E James/Benson for L Jordan/KJones. I am hoping Jordan, not to mention KJones, have their OC's get it together soon. Jordan is also past his bye week which helps.