[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry another TO post

Scooby

I'm just speculating here-with good reason--my sister lived in Dallas and tried suicide last Oct with pain meds like TO--I called the cops on her behalf and they took her to the hospital only to have her blow everthing off and say that she was ok--she said she was just a little drunk and out of her element. They let her out of the hospital just a few hours later after a psych evaluation...5 months later she took a shotgun to her chest and pulled the trigger--a shotgun she stole from my dad. Hospital staff will take you word for it, if you say that you're ok, they'll believe you and let you go. I don't know if this is TO's situation, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I apologize if I came off as insensitive about your sister's unfortunate ordeal. I truly understand the pain your family felt, but I don't want to get into it anymore than that. I don't mean to make an excuse for my outburst though. I am sorry.

I will say I found it pretty intolerable to relate one person's problems to another person's situation, especially in a serious subject like suicide. Just because he may be depressed doesn't make him suicidal. Passing a speculation that he may try to end his life prematurely just didn't seem like it was a relevant discussion topic. Especially when the latest details of this crazy saga have come out with TO denying any suicide attempts. It is unfair to automatically label a person as suicidal without knowing very personal information. To speculate his suicide is even more intolerable.

Again, I am sorry for your family's loss.

I can't believe anyone is buying what was said at that press conference. I think the 911 tape will tell a completely different story than what his publicist said today. There is no doubt in my mind that T.O. is very, very troubled. I believe that he took the pills. I'm not going to say that he was really trying to kill himself. He might have had a bad reaction and he didn't know what he was doing...I don't know. But if the police department made all this up, don't you think T.O. would sue them? This could ruin (or further ruin) his marketing side. T.O. wants this whole thing to go away fast. I'm just worried that he won't get the medical attention he needs.

Wow, I am truly sorry to hear about your sister. I have a sister who is manic depressive, who has been missing for months and I pray every night that she is somewhere safe (and alive), so I know a thing or two about having a sister who has some demons. My condolences on your loss.

As far as your point about hospitals and hospital staff, you are 100% right. My sister has told doctors time and time again that she is okay, and they have let her out, even though anyone with a functioning pair of eyeballs could see she was not. I'm not going to speak for all mentally ill people, but my sister can always fake being well for the ten or fifteen minutes she needs to and get out. Although she has never been suicidal, she is a danger to herself, as she make horrible decisions when she is manic. So you are absolutely right, hospitals will let someone out, even if they show the need to be there.

That said, after watching TO, my gut was that he didnt try this. I have a hard time believing that he could be so low to a place where he tries to take his own life, then 18 hours later, talk about it to the world. But really, that is just my speculation. But I also agree that there is probably more to this, and it wouldnt surprise me if there is more truth to this than we are led to believe. I'm really hoping I am wrong.

Take care!

that sucks scooby. sorry to hear that and my condolences.

on the owen front, i'm not sure if this has been addressed in other threads, but it seems he was having a pretty crappy day. wanted to see his son and couldn't and his fiancee broke off the engagement. i don't think suicide would be that far of a reach.

heres the link.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...er.2e6991d.html

if this has been posted and argued about already, sorry.

You're a Oprahin newbie A$$HOLE :lol::D:lol::D Why don't you jam that kweer care bear up your A$$

First off, Scooby, so sorry to hear about your loss. :brew:

2nd, Cerwin made an awful post, but, he has apologized and it sounds like he is handling the situation personally with Scooby, so, let it go.

As for mental issues, I used to truthfully take them too lightly. Then, one day, I was visiting my best friend in Chicago, and started having issues where I felt like I couldn't breath properly. These led to what I found out were 'panic attacks'. I really didn't know what they were when they first started. I had lived a pretty blessed life, never had any issues at all, and suddenly I was dealing with severe, crippling panic attacks. I'm not going to go into the long details, but, it was one of the worst things I ever had to deal with in my life. I was able to get over my issues pretty quickly, though they were severe, but, it was quite a fight. I really feel for anyone who has a serious mental issue, as can really turn your world upside down.

First off, Scooby, so sorry to hear about your loss. :D

2nd, Cerwin made an awful post, but, he has apologized and it sounds like he is handling the situation personally with Scooby, so, let it go.

As for mental issues, I used to truthfully take them too lightly. Then, one day, I was visiting my best friend in Chicago, and started having issues where I felt like I couldn't breath properly. These led to what I found out were 'panic attacks'. I really didn't know what they were when they first started. I had lived a pretty blessed life, never had any issues at all, and suddenly I was dealing with severe, crippling panic attacks. I'm not going to go into the long details, but, it was one of the worst things I ever had to deal with in my life. I was able to get over my issues pretty quickly, though they were severe, but, it was quite a fight. I really feel for anyone who has a serious mental issue, as can really turn your world upside down.

Thanks Mr.Kissinger

Of course it's possible that he tried to commit suicide. I don't think anyone is dismissing that as a possibility. As a matter of fact, I think most of us are concerned about him as a human being. I know I am. I don't care for his antics and his shameless self-promotion, but I've heard and read many reports from people that know him that he is actually a pretty decent guy, a sensitive person, a good father, etc. Think about some of these real thugs and losers in the NFL - the Lawrence Phillips and Rae Carruths of the world, just to name a couple. Those guys are just bad people. TO strikes me as a good person. Misguided and troubled perhaps, but a good person.

I'm very sorry to hear about your sister, Scooby. That is very tragic.

Yes, everything is possible as far as TO is concerned. It could be the biggest coverup in Dallas since the Grassy knoll. :D Or it could be something blown way out of proportion. Anything involving TO tends to get blown out of proportion so that is probably the case in this situation as well. Most people in Dallas don't have a publicist or an agent that survive on TO's success.

Edited by MikesVikes