[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry another TO post

Scooby

I'm just speculating here-with good reason--my sister lived in Dallas and tried suicide last Oct with pain meds like TO--I called the cops on her behalf and they took her to the hospital only to have her blow everthing off and say that she was ok--she said she was just a little drunk and out of her element. They let her out of the hospital just a few hours later after a psych evaluation...5 months later she took a shotgun to her chest and pulled the trigger--a shotgun she stole from my dad. Hospital staff will take you word for it, if you say that you're ok, they'll believe you and let you go. I don't know if this is TO's situation, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Sorry for your loss..

First off, Scooby, so sorry to hear about your loss. :D

2nd, Cerwin made an awful post, but, he has apologized and it sounds like he is handling the situation personally with Scooby, so, let it go.

As for mental issues, I used to truthfully take them too lightly. Then, one day, I was visiting my best friend in Chicago, and started having issues where I felt like I couldn't breath properly. These led to what I found out were 'panic attacks'. I really didn't know what they were when they first started. I had lived a pretty blessed life, never had any issues at all, and suddenly I was dealing with severe, crippling panic attacks. I'm not going to go into the long details, but, it was one of the worst things I ever had to deal with in my life. I was able to get over my issues pretty quickly, though they were severe, but, it was quite a fight. I really feel for anyone who has a serious mental issue, as can really turn your world upside down.

Jeeze Manudo, it always has to be about the Steelers with you, doesn't it...

As for mental issues, I used to truthfully take them too lightly. Then, one day, I was visiting my best friend in Chicago, and started having issues where I felt like I couldn't breath properly. These led to what I found out were 'panic attacks'. I really didn't know what they were when they first started. I had lived a pretty blessed life, never had any issues at all, and suddenly I was dealing with severe, crippling panic attacks. I'm not going to go into the long details, but, it was one of the worst things I ever had to deal with in my life. I was able to get over my issues pretty quickly, though they were severe, but, it was quite a fight.

I had a prof in college, with a PhD in psychology, who had battled panic attacks.

I think that had to be the worst - knowing EXACTLY what was going on and not being able to do a damn thing about it, for all your education and intelligence. Her revelation of that really made me deep-six the notion that mental issues had anything to do with a personal failing - at least, people should definitely get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to them.