[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mobile ESPN is shutting down

The Rambler

ESPNmobile was a fantastic idea... 6 years ago when everyone didn't already have a cell phone.

I probably would have gone that route when I was first choosing to make a cell phone purchase. "Wow, scores on my phone! That's so cool!". But now, most phones have internet access anyway, so it's not like I can't get scores on my current phone. And even if I still wanted to switch, I sure wasn't going to break my Verizon contract and pay those fees to do it.

Good idea. Bad timing.

I just got a new Cingular phone yesterday with Cingular Video on it. It already has some ESPN content on it, highlights, previews of the OSU-Iowa game, press conferences, and whatnot so I could see Cingular getting in on the action. It sounds like it will be offered on more than one carrier anyway.

On a side note, watching the Sopranos and then an episode of ATHF on your cell phone just kicks waaaay too much ass. :D

I just got a new Cingular phone yesterday with Cingular Video on it. It already has some ESPN content on it, highlights, previews of the OSU-Iowa game, press conferences, and whatnot so I could see Cingular getting in on the action. It sounds like it will be offered on more than one carrier anyway.

On a side note, watching the Sopranos and then an episode of ATHF on your cell phone just kicks waaaay too much ass. :D

On the moon, nerds are spanked with moon rocks. We are excellent spellers.