[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears homers or fans

gd74

You ask for an opinion, I gave it, you don't like it! Fine! If you'd use some logic, there are only so many plays in a game. In the past passing plays were fewer so running was more. More running plays, more ops to break one thus raising one's average/carry. With more passing plays, less running plays, thus less ops to break one.

I hope that 'splains it. Itmay not be the answer you want, but it's the best answer I have. I don't think the line looked out of sync Pope, but if you think so, OK. Det & Minny are not last year's teams. They have done good things in the off season. If anyone thought that the Bears were gonna run all over them, they were wrong. Try and disect it you want GD, but it's not that complicated.

Actually I was being quite nice about it.... That was the dumbest explanation I have ever heard.... The fact that you say there is more opportunity to raise one's average by having more running plays... Doesn't the same percentage hold true for lowering it ???????????

Coming from a former collegiant football coach...I think I have a bit more knowledge on the fact than you do...

Actually I was being quite nice about it.... That was the dumbest explanation I have ever heard.... The fact that you say there is more opportunity to raise one's average by having more running plays... Doesn't the same percentage hold true for lowering it ???????????

Coming from a former collegiant football coach...I think I have a bit more knowledge on the fact than you do...

Actually if an average is low there is more chance of it being raised than being lowered. Likewise, a high average is more likely to go down than up, all things being equal.

And dropping the "collegiate coach" thing around here, my friend, is more likely to bring you jibes than kudos.

Actually if an average is low there is more chance of it being raised than being lowered. Likewise, a high average is more likely to go down than up, all things being equal.

And dropping the "collegiate coach" thing around here, my friend, is more likely to bring you jibes than kudos.

Oooohh....please dont hurt my feelings....my point was not to seem like I know more than anyone else...but am someone who does know something and not just throwing things out there....

It all depends on whether or not he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The Ex "collegiant" :D football coach card. :D

Yes I did...thank you very much....lol

By the way...the Bears are in the neighborhood of attempted rushes as the "rushing teams" in the NFL...

Well, if you're running around here looking for explanations, I understand why you're a "former" collegiate coach.

My thoughts on the Bears supposed running game woes are this. What did their opponents have to work with film wise? They looked at last years film and pre season and saw a team totaly dedicated to the run as the Bears have been for years. Ok Mr former college coach what do you do when you see this film. I'll give you a hint, stuff the running game. Shut down the run and force this team to beat you through the air. So far the Bears have won not only through the air but with a kick a$$ defense as well. Now teams have to respect the passing game and you will see the running game improve because of that!

Former college coach :D