[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charlie Frye

soopanuts

So...it looks like most people are jumping on the Frye bandwagon at this point. Let me ask this then, is Frye worth dropping Jake Plummer for? Frye is available on my waiver wire, and I have Grossman and Warner as my othr QB's. So...Frye for Jake?

I think Frye has more upside than Plummer. You know what you've got with Plummer, he's probably not going to improve over last year. Frye is better than last year to date, and is improving with each game he's played this sesaon. The big thing I like about Frye is getting running TD's. One thing to keep in mind, that no one has mentioned is Frye has 5 INTs, so he could have some stinker games if he starts having to throw a lot.

I did pick up Frye and I'm playing him. Of all the Raiders short comings, their defense is not terrible, not great, but better than their offense. So, there is some risk to playing Frye. I was impressed at his play against Baltimore, and he's been the best QB this season against Balt.

I think the X-factor for Fry may be his rushing yards and TDs (much like Leftwich).

It's just 3 games in but he has 3 Rush TD no one in the league has more than 3 rush TDs, only 6 people have 3 rush TDs this year: Fry, Rudi, LT2, Gore, westy and Portis.

I don't want to predict anything like 16 TDs but even if he gets half a rush-TD per game the rest of the way that's 9 (counting the 3 he already has).

Edited by rai

I have the same Qb's and did the same thing. Good luck to both of us!

14 team league, and they went so quick this year, and when it came time to go after a Beldsoe or Green, or Plummer, I just didn't have the stones...so I waited a long time. McNair was the 14th QB taken and Rivers was the 21st.

Well...I did it! I went and picked up Frye on the waiver wire, and inserted him into my starting lineup. I dropped Jake Plummer and benched Grossman. Come Sunday Night, I'll either do this... :D OR this>>> :D

Is all or nothin this week for me in both my leagues listed below, I have Frye starting in both of them!

Edited by Redzone Rowdie

The only thing I worry about is that Frye plays a very tough schedule after the Raider game.

Maybe for bye week filler material, but to rely on him with this schedule is a big risk. I have Alex Smith backing up Vick, and was contemplating picking up Frye until I looked at the schedule.

Oct 8 @Carolina 1:00pm 158 144

Week 6 BYE

Oct 22 Denver 4:05pm 117 107

Oct 29 N.Y. Jets 5:15pm 119 143

Nov 5 @San Diego 5:15pm 107 110

Nov 12 @Atlanta 2:00pm 118 118

Nov 19 Pittsburgh 2:00pm 125 125

Nov 26 Cincinnati 2:00pm 130 119

Dec 3 Kansas City 2:00pm 158 158

Dec 7 @Pittsburgh 9:00pm 125 123

Dec 17 @Baltimore 2:00pm 158

Dec 24 Tampa Bay 2:00pm 152 143

Dec 31 @Houston 2:00pm 130 119

The only thing I worry about is that Frye plays a very tough schedule after the Raider game.

Maybe for bye week filler material, but to rely on him with this schedule is a big risk. I have Alex Smith backing up Vick, and was contemplating picking up Frye until I looked at the schedule.

Oct 8 @Carolina 1:00pm 158 144

Week 6 BYE

Oct 22 Denver 4:05pm 117 107

Oct 29 N.Y. Jets 5:15pm 119 143

Nov 5 @San Diego 5:15pm 107 110

Nov 12 @Atlanta 2:00pm 118 118

Nov 19 Pittsburgh 2:00pm 125 125

Nov 26 Cincinnati 2:00pm 130 119

Dec 3 Kansas City 2:00pm 158 158

Dec 7 @Pittsburgh 9:00pm 125 123

Dec 17 @Baltimore 2:00pm 158

Dec 24 Tampa Bay 2:00pm 152 143

Dec 31 @Houston 2:00pm 130 119

my worries too. don't know how we ended up with that schedule but it's the hand we're dealt. Just suit up and play!

I'll take it.

same here... w/ Eli on the bye, picked up Frye instead of playing Culpepper or Pennington. It worked out since Frye scored better than both, but I'm still only up 48 and playing against Grossman, LJ Smith, L Tatupu and Robbie Gould... could go either way

Thanks...Chuck got me 17 vs. the 12 I would have got from McNair. He's a top 10 QB scorer in my local and solid backup/spot starter.

Wow, I started Frye over McNair in my MML this week too, partially because of this thread. I put up the second-highest point total this week . . . played the highest scorer, though, of course. Still it was a great play. Thanks Soop for convincing me I wasn't crazy, and in the process making me look like a genius!

Peace

policy