[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread

Flip_Side

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade advice. Do you like this deal for me???

The deal:

Gore, R. Williams, and Givens

FOR

C. Johnson and Colston

If I add CJ that will leave me with CJ, Driver, and A. Johnson as my starting 3 WR's with R. Brown and McGahee as my starting RB's. I'd also have nice WR depth with Bryant and Colston as extras. This deal would leave me somewhat thin at RB after Brown and McGahee, I would have Henry and Rhodes as extras, but if a RB injury happens I could go with 1 RB and 4 WR's which wouldn't be bad when my 4 WR's are the 3 above and either Colston or Bryant. Anyway just want to make sure I'm not crazy if I make this deal. I would love my WR's then and still have VERY solid starting RB's to boot.

Trade advice. Do you like this deal for me???

The deal:

Gore, R. Williams, and Givens

FOR

C. Johnson and Colston

If I add CJ that will leave me with CJ, Driver, and A. Johnson as my starting 3 WR's with R. Brown and McGahee as my starting RB's. I'd also have nice WR depth with Bryant and Colston as extras. This deal would leave me somewhat thin at RB after Brown and McGahee, I would have Henry and Rhodes as extras, but if a RB injury happens I could go with 1 RB and 4 WR's which wouldn't be bad when my 4 WR's are the 3 above and either Colston or Bryant. Anyway just want to make sure I'm not crazy if I make this deal. I would love my WR's then and still have VERY solid starting RB's to boot.

I absolutely WOULD NOT do this, if it was my team. Gore is a stud in the making, even with the fumbling no way he gets benched, this dude has incredible work ethic. Your WR's are already pretty good Driver will be a good play week in and week out, and Carr and Johnson seem to be on the right page lately. I think your RB depth would take a huge hit if you did this, Brown is a stud but running behind that line is hard to do, there will be weeks when his numbers will be down. McGahee is just a decent fantasy RB at best imo, no way you should do this deal.

Edited by Flip_Side

Hey Flip

What do you think of L.Jordon's chances are this week of putting up good numbers???

Playing a weak run defence like cleveland on paper sounds like a good matchup...

or should I plug in Maroney vs the Bengals... E.James is my other starter.

thanks for your help..

its a standard scoring league

Hey Flip

What do you think of L.Jordon's chances are this week of putting up good numbers???

Playing a weak run defence like cleveland on paper sounds like a good matchup...

or should I plug in Maroney vs the Bengals... E.James is my other starter.

thanks for your help..

its a standard scoring league

Go with Jordan, this might be the rare chance for him to put up good numbers this year. Use him while you can haha.

Dynasty league ppr basic scoring.

Would you do this trade?

I'm giving up Westy, Lee Evens, & Roy Williams

I'm getting SA, M.Morris, R.Moss, & A.Bryant

My team is weak all around so I think I need the help.

This is hard for me, because Westy is injury prone but when he has played he has been spectacular. While SA is hurt right now, even before that he wasn't playing very well at all. I think Lee Evans will pick it up and have more games like last weeks to come, Roy Williams will do well also. I just think you would be getting players with too many question marks. Who know's how Moss will be with the QB situation, and Bryant has been good but the defenses he has played are really not all that great. I say stay put, u'll be fine.

Which 2 of these should I play??

Driver vs Philly

B. Edwards vs Oakland

Colsten vs Carolina

Wayne vs Jets

Already playing with Fitzgerald....thanx in advance..

--------------------

8 Team performance- Start 1 QB 2RB 3WR 1k 1Def

Rushing TD's 6 points-double if 50 yrds or more

Receiving TD's 3 points-double if 25 yrds or more

Passing TD's 3 points-double if 50 yrds or more

1 point per 10 yrds rushing and receiving

1 point per 20 yrds of passing

Colston or Jennings this week?

I already have B. Favre & Ahman Green starting...too many eggs in one basket???

Go Colston, he has been great and is obviously Brees favorite target now. He'll do well against a Carolina team that has been giving up a ton of yards.

Which 2 of these should I play??

Driver vs Philly

B. Edwards vs Oakland

Colsten vs Carolina

Wayne vs Jets

Already playing with Fitzgerald....thanx in advance..

--------------------

8 Team performance- Start 1 QB 2RB 3WR 1k 1Def

Rushing TD's 6 points-double if 50 yrds or more

Receiving TD's 3 points-double if 25 yrds or more

Passing TD's 3 points-double if 50 yrds or more

1 point per 10 yrds rushing and receiving

1 point per 20 yrds of passing

Driver and Wayne. All indications are that Wayne will play, I think he'll do well against the Jets who have been giving up a lot of yardage through the air.

How in the world did you get that kinda WR corp anyway, did you go WR-WR-WR in the draft?

Driver and Wayne. All indications are that Wayne will play, I think he'll do well against the Jets who have been giving up a lot of yardage through the air.

How in the world did you get that kinda WR corp anyway, did you go WR-WR-WR in the draft?

Picked up Colsten and Edwards on the WW...pretty lucky I guess!

who should i make my number 1 waiver wire priority

rex grossman to start in week 5 at home against buffalo in place of carson palmer on bye

or adding maurice drew for insurance

Add Maurice Drew, I think he'll start seeing a lot more carries. You have McNair on MNF in week 5 Vs Denver, he won't put up spectacular numbers but he'll do decent. Maurice could run pretty well for the Jags this year, I think he's worth a shot.

Add Maurice Drew, I think he'll start seeing a lot more carries. You have McNair on MNF in week 5 Vs Denver, he won't put up spectacular numbers but he'll do decent. Maurice could run pretty well for the Jags this year, I think he's worth a shot.

see..i dont like the mcnair matchup at all..and im going to need big points from my qb in week 5 with carson,cj, and shaun out...if im gonna have a decent chance....but i wonder if anyone will really be trying to jump at rex grossman(who really has the best matchup in week 5 of the available qbs), considering nobody picked him up after he put up 38 points in week 2

as far as drew...like i said..i dont think hes going to cut into freddys touches much...i think hell be a week to week thing...kinda like how you saw deangelo williams touch the ball alot in week 2, then nothing really in week 3....i think the jaguars really felt he would be good against indys d...and there are maybe a couple of more games where they think his style will benefit them...i want him more for insurance

see..i dont like the mcnair matchup at all..and im going to need big points from my qb in week 5 with carson,cj, and shaun out...if im gonna have a decent chance....but i wonder if anyone will really be trying to jump at rex grossman(who really has the best matchup in week 5 of the available qbs), considering nobody picked him up after he put up 38 points in week 2

as far as drew...like i said..i dont think hes going to cut into freddys touches much...i think hell be a week to week thing...kinda like how you saw deangelo williams touch the ball alot in week 2, then nothing really in week 3....i think the jaguars really felt he would be good against indys d...and there are maybe a couple of more games where they think his style will benefit them...i want him more for insurance

I think Rex is horrible to tell you the truth, I highly doubt you will see him put up more than 2 TD's many more times at all. I guess if you just really need him to win that week go with Grossman, he probably will do better than McNair against the Broncos. But in the long run I really do think Maurice will cut into Freddy's playing time.

Edited by Flip_Side

Lamont Jordan was just cut in our league. Does he have value. I got M. turner, K. Barlow, M barber, and dillon on my bench taking up space. I was thinking of dumping barlow and picking up jordan in case he turns it around.. What are your thoughts..... standard perf. scoring

Yes, do it in a heart beat. Barlow is horrible and will not be an option for you at RB into the season, go with Jordan there will be some weeks where he will go off.

who ya like?standard scoring

Warner @ Atl. or Kitna @ Stl.

Kitna, better matchup and played well last week. Warner is coming off of a horrible game, and ATL will be out for blood after being totally destroyed on the defensive side of the ball last week Vs New Orleans.