[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan State Meltdown

PackerFanX

This guy cohosts a midday show here in Detroit on 1270 WXYT. His name is Mike Valenti and he is a big Spartan fan. I got to hear this today and apparently it's getting a lot of play across the country. His cohost is Detroit News sportswriter Terry Foster. Probably my favorite show on local sports radio.

This guy cohosts a midday show here in Detroit on 1270 WXYT. His name is Mike Valenti and he is a big Spartan fan. I got to hear this today and apparently it's getting a lot of play across the country. His cohost is Detroit News sportswriter Terry Foster. Probably my favorite show on local sports radio.

I enjoy that show too even in spite of Valenti's sometimes inferiority complex. He does a good job and him and TFos mix well.

He actually is or was a huddler, King Valenti. Big Time FF player.

Being at the bottom of the Big Ten for so long, let's see if Illinois can start something from this lone win in the last 12 tries.

I'm happy for my boys, but they still sux.

As a fellow alum, I'm just happy we got a win!!!!

As a fellow alum, I'm just happy we got a win!!!!

Mike Valenti, does a good job when hes not talking about his Spartans.

He does alot of compareing to MIch, better Qb, better Rb, better Wr...........

Whatever, He needs to accept the fact, State's a Basketball school.

Javon Ringer is better than Mike Hart and Stanton is better than Henne. Ringer averaged 2.2 MORE yards per carry than Hart before being injured last week. And Stanton puts Henne to shame even though he hasn't been playing terribly well.

Give Stanton that Michigan talent at WR and they put up 50 pts a game. For God's sake, his best WR is a Basketball player!!!!!

Edited by showtyme5

I can't believe all the hate on Henne? It's like they forgot that this is the same guy that torched the Derrick Johnson led Longhorn Defense in the 05 Rose Bowl, and led the Wolverines to a Big Ten championship his freshman year. Henne is having an outstanding year this year, and could very well find himself as a Heisman finalist by the end of the year. Yeah he has talent around him, but you just said yourself, Michigan State has a "superior" running game. Look, Spartans just lost to Illinois AT HOME. End of story. You can slice it and dice it any way you want too, but the bottom line is, that was Ron Zooks FIRST Big Ten win ever, and it came vs the Spartans. I mean... it's Illinois. It's Ron Zook. It's Illinois! ITS ILLINOIS!

Javon Ringer is better than Mike Hart and Stanton is better than Henne. Ringer averaged 2.2 MORE yards per carry than Hart before being injured last week. And Stanton puts Henne to shame even though he hasn't been playing terribly well.

Give Stanton that Michigan talent at WR and they put up 50 pts a game. For God's sake, his best WR is a Basketball player!!!!!

This is the f'n funniest post of the year. You f'n state people never admit that your team just doesn't have it. Stanton is overrated, barely won any big games and definately can't close a team out.

Ringer? We won't know who he is in two years, especially after this injury.

His best receiver is not Trannon, it's the other guy who is in the top 10 all time for MSU in catches.

Mike is that u (valenti). Smoke another fatty dude!

I recall after the game the TV announcer flat out laughing at Michigan State. I guess I'm not that familiar with their past as some. Apparently this kind of a loss is the norm at Michigan State. Personally I was annoyed at the announcer for his laughter. Showed a lack of professionalism.

State homer here. I agree MSU sucks. They deserve to be laughed at.