[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young to start tomorrow?

Sugar Magnolia

This news came to me from a competitor's site.

I don't know if this is a reliable source, but the source listed was Jay Glazer of Fox Sports.

I know none of us have Vince Young, but if you have Dallas D, or Drew Bennett, it may have an impact on who you start.

Also, another thread has liste this, but Ahman Green has been downgraded to Q.

Vince Young is getting the start! Jim Wyatt reported it on local radio and Channel 4 sports just interviewed VY and Collins. They both confirmed that Young is starting. I am shocked to say the least. Fisher had already announced that Collins had made improvement and would definitely start on Sunday. And today we learn that Young gets his first start. Wow! That is all I can say at this point!

Vince Young is getting the start! Jim Wyatt reported it on local radio and Channel 4 sports just interviewed VY and Collins. They both confirmed that Young is starting. I am shocked to say the least. Fisher had already announced that Collins had made improvement and would definitely start on Sunday. And today we learn that Young gets his first start. Wow! That is all I can say at this point!

I gotta think there's some pressure from upstairs. I wouldn't think Fisher would jeapordize his credability.

Also makes me think that the titans will have a new coach next year.

Is Vince Young likely to do any worse than Kerry Collins?

I wonder how much of Vince Dallas prepared to see.

I have the Dallas D, and this is a good point. I see a lot of inexperienced players do quite well their first start because teams haven't prepared for them to start and make the adjustment. There is not a lot of pro film on them either.

I remember when McNabb went down a few years ago. Was it Anthony Wright who started the next game and got his first pro start? Anyway, I started SF D (when they actually had a D), and Wright threw for 3 TD's. I think I got negative points for my defense that game.

I may have the QBs mixed up, but I will never forget the 3 TDs and negative points vs SF on MNF.

I have the Dallas D, and this is a good point. I see a lot of inexperienced players do quite well their first start because teams haven't prepared for them to start and make the adjustment. There is not a lot of pro film on them either.

I remember when McNabb went down a few years ago. Was it Anthony Wright who started the next game and got his first pro start? Anyway, I started SF D (when they actually had a D), and Wright threw for 3 TD's. I think I got negative points for my defense that game.

I may have the QBs mixed up, but I will never forget the 3 TDs and negative points vs SF on MNF.

Anthony Wright never played for the Eagles, it had to be Koy Detmer or A.J. Feeley.

Young looked better than Collins against SD, but he was also in once the game was out of hand.

How do people think Young will do tomorrow.

i specifically picked up the Cowboys D to start, but now I might go with the Bills instead.

I'm a USC fan, so I still have nightmares about Vince Young and a defense that apparently didn't get the memo that they'd be playing against "a grown ass man" in the words of Boldin.

I'm a big enough man to admit that I'm petty enough to be unduly bitter and hope that Young's entire career is a complete and utter waste. Okay, that's inviting bad karma, but at least his rookie year deserves to be embarassing.

A pox upon Vince Young.

Yes, Young gets the start. And yes, Dallas I'm sure Dallas has prepared for him since he's played in 2 out of the 3 games for the Titans. It is curious as Fisher is quoted as saying that 'he isn't ready to make the switch yet' after a player expressed his views that Young should get the start over Collins. I agree that pressure is coming from upstairs. Why not start Young? Tenn's season is over in 2006 - might as well get Young his reps now. The downside to my last sentence is that he really has very little tools to work with this season and could be tainted going forward by having to endure rough waters for the rest of the season. Good luck young Young.

Is Vince Young likely to do any worse than Kerry Collins?

No

I gotta think there's some pressure from upstairs. I wouldn't think Fisher would jeapordize his credability.

Collins wasn't exactly doing wonders for his credibility either.

I'm just not buying into the rumors that Chow and Fischer might leave after this year... just yet. TEN's brass has absolutely been bent over by their own stupid contract/FA/draft decisions. imo all hope is not lost as they have a lot promising young talent. if they lose or let Fischer go there isn't really anyone out there with his experience and qualifications. it would setback their own rebuilding efforts 3-5 additional years.

Edited by kingfish247

Horrible decision, VY is 2-3 years away and is gonna get his azz handed to him weekly, and this may set his development back even further-

It will be interesting to see how Vince Young progresses, I think I heard one ESPN analyst claim that throuhout his Texas career he basically looked at his #1 option and ran the ball if he wasn't open. Doesn't necessarily sound like a recipe for NFL success.

Anyone who thinks this is worse for Dallas' D I think is nuts. I have Dallas' D and think I am in for 2 ints and 4 sacks minimum. Rookie making his first start against a good fast aggressive D. Plus he hasn't been anything special when he has come in for a series or two every game. I think VY will be good, and he may even make a few plays today, but I do not think he is ready for this yet. As a Dallas D owner I am loving this.