[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1962 - Vince Lombardi was the last.

skylive5

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/09/29/2/

The Packers have not won in Philly since 1962. The above is an interesting article from the Packer site.

"Head Coach Mike McCarthy said he wasn't even aware that the last Packers head coach to win a game in Philadelphia was Vince Lombardi."

Wonder if they think they have a chance this year. LOL Could be closer than everyone may think though. Philly gives up 21 pts per game and GB gives up 28. Could be interesting as neither seem to have a passing D.

I didn't know that. I think it'll be a shootout.

Lombardi's only playoff loss-

"Or in 1962 did Lombardi exact such merciless revenge for the 17-13 loss in the NFL Championship game two years earlier at Philadelphia's Franklin Field, where Green Bay's Jim Taylor was tackled by Chuck Bednarik on the 8-yard line on the game's final play for Lombardi's only postseason defeat, that the Packers are somehow cursed every time they set foot in the city?

It's a quirk of the schedule; GB has had some darn interesting games against Philly since then that could have gone either way.

This one will most likely go Philly's way as well, with McNabb again performing at an MVP level and Westbrook a proven Pack-killer, though I think GB's passing offense is clicking well enough to keep it vaguely interesting.