[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gore and Goal Line Fumbling Problems?

phootballphreak

Everyone is down on Gore saying he fumbles at the goal line and he's going to loose touches to M. Robinson. Here is some interesting stats I have come across which leads me to believe this is a bit over hyped.

Gore has been Targeted 13 times within the opponents 10yd line (11 Rush, 2 Pass). This makes him the most targeted RB within the opponents 10yd line. He is followed by James with 9(Rush), Parker 7(Rush) and three others being targeted 5 times.

Having been targeted 13 times he has scored twice and fumbled twice. The fumble against the Rams came on his second attempt to punch it in. Now I did not see the game so I will place the blame on Gore here. The fumble against the Eagles came on his 4th straight attempt, I did see this game and that Goal line stand was very impressive and can not totally blame Gore for the fumble here.

The niners have showen they trust him within the opponents 10 and he has produced doing it. Take away the fumble against the Eagles and there is no controversy.

Everyone is down on Gore saying he fumbles at the goal line and he's going to loose touches to M. Robinson. Here is some interesting stats I have come across which leads me to believe this is a bit over hyped.

Gore has been Targeted 13 times within the opponents 10yd line (11 Rush, 2 Pass). This makes him the most targeted RB within the opponents 10yd line. He is followed by James with 9(Rush), Parker 7(Rush) and three others being targeted 5 times.

Having been targeted 13 times he has scored twice and fumbled twice. The fumble against the Rams came on his second attempt to punch it in. Now I did not see the game so I will place the blame on Gore here. The fumble against the Eagles came on his 4th straight attempt, I did see this game and that Goal line stand was very impressive and can not totally blame Gore for the fumble here.

The niners have showen they trust him within the opponents 10 and he has produced doing it. Take away the fumble against the Eagles and there is no controversy.

How is scoring twice in 13 chances and turning the ball over considered producing? Sounds like failure to me. Sometimes FF players let the fact that they own a player affect thier objectivity. If you were Gore's coach and your job depended on him holding onto the ball, how would you fell about his production?

Nolan and Turner said on the 3rd attempt he got stopped, Gore was tired and followed the wrong lead. If Gore is tired in a similar situation, they could bring in Robinson. My feeling if its 1st or 2nd down inside the 5 Gore gets it.