[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bushey's Week 4 Upset Specials

Bushey

I for one even as a homer did not drink the Bush Koolaid for any of my fantasy teams. While he has added a dimension to our offense which has opened up all kinds of options we didnt have before I just dont see him as a solid fantasy play this season!

No kool aid. Carolina is averaging 152 yards per game to RB's. They aren't as stout as in past years.

Last week we saw Reggie used as a decoy on that reverse. As the team improves he will get fewer double and triple teams. May be today.

I agree. Marcus Colston seems extremenly wide open every high light I see. Is Bush split out wide more than behind Brees? Do they put him in motion? Haven't seen a game yet. I work Monday nights.

They use him split out and as a second back with Deuce usually sending Bush in motion. You also have Horn to deal with and still have (which they havent used much) the TE as an outlet . Brees just has so many options and the pass blocking has been stellar. Teams have to put a spy on Bush for fear of that breakout play which opens someone up and usually its Colston. I've said it before but Colston is Brees' Gates this season just coming from the wideout rather than TE.

He does also lineup as the true Tailback when Deuce is on the bench but to be honest that hasnt been overly successful as Bush is still learning he is no longer the fastest man on the field.

Edited by tbimm

I agree. Marcus Colston seems extremenly wide open every high light I see. Is Bush split out wide more than behind Brees? Do they put him in motion? Haven't seen a game yet. I work Monday nights.

Last week Bush was played like Vick was in past years. Everywhere he goes there are 2 or 3 defenders.

Last week Bush was played like Vick was in past years. Everywhere he goes there are 2 or 3 defenders.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. He is very valuable for our offense he just isnt going to rack up a ton of Fantasy points week in and week out.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. He is very valuable for our offense he just isnt going to rack up a ton of Fantasy points week in and week out.

I agree, but think as the team progresses I think he will emerge.

You guys aren't used to winning week in and week out either. Everything is somewhat new, and progress takes time. What I meant was when the team gets better so will his stats. Brees is somewhat new, Colston is, Deuce is still coming back from injury and Bush is finding his place.

I agree, but think as the team progresses I think he will emerge.

You guys aren't used to winning week in and week out either. Everything is somewhat new, and progress takes time. What I meant was when the team gets better so will his stats. Brees is somewhat new, Colston is, Deuce is still coming back from injury and Bush is finding his place.

A very fair assessment.

call me crazy but i like SF over KC...

SF is playing well on both sides of the ball despite their record.

KC has an improved D, yes but SF's has improved as well.

Whereas KC has regressed on offense, SF is vastly improved.

Also, should Damon Huard and Herm Edwards be getting 7pts?

i'll take SF.

:D