[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

DMD

We defended our great player by leaving the state quickly after the game and lowering the IQ back down to normal levels. Oh, and the Greatest Franchise in Football History took their FIVE Super Bowl trophies with them since no Cowboys fan or player has ever been one yard short in anything.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is obviously inherent violence in the game but most of the extra-curricular type occurs either as an extension of a play (like slamming a quarterback to the turf late - an act that is okay if he was holding the ball or just had it) or an actual fight in which case both guys are wearing helmets and pads and can defend themselves.

Haynesworth appeared to take off Gurode's helmet perhaps inadvertantly but he took a step away, saw him laying there on the ground without a helmet on and then raised his knee and stomped in an act that could never be okay. The NFL should make this a case an example if nothing else and it is hard to believe that the NFLPA would get behind Haynesworth defending him.

It was not a football act in any way. It was a criminal act against a defenseless person lying on the ground. The commish needs to strut his new strength and show that it is not allowed. The penalties this year are already to the point of excessive in my opinion, you cannot let this go with anything less than the maximum punishment. I am just not certain what the max is because it is probably in the COB they signed.

Steroids do wierd things to people. Not saying he takes them but........ I have a very good friend from high school who started shooting "D-Ball" in his rearend Junior year and never was the same. This was a long time ago too and now he's in a federal pen. They should have a mandatory, instant test when things like this happen. Again maybe he's just an a-hole but.....

found a link in case one hasn't been posted already..

http://home.centurytel.net/wr1157/fs.wmv

It's been posted, but that video is better quality.

I still can't get over the fact that stomping on his head only results in a 15 yard penalty, but throwing the helmet arguing the penalty gets you the gate.

Even on his Monday article, Peter King still believes "There seems little doubt that either the league or the Titans will suspend him for Sunday's game in Indianapolis." ONE GAME, huh???

It's funny to say the NFL should follow the NHL's lead in anything, but the NFL needs to step it up and take a page from the NHL's book on this assault type of infraction.

It's been posted, but that video is better quality.

I still can't get over the fact that stomping on his head only results in a 15 yard penalty, but throwing the helmet arguing the penalty gets you the gate.

Even on his Monday article, Peter King still believes "There seems little doubt that either the league or the Titans will suspend him for Sunday's game in Indianapolis." ONE GAME, huh???

It's funny to say the NFL should follow the NHL's lead in anything, but the NFL needs to step it up and take a page from the NHL's book on this assault type of infraction.

bingo. haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if i'm repeating, but when i saw this i immediately thought, "this is the same as marty mcsorley tomahawking donald brashear/todd bertuzzi leveling steve moore!" i.e. a violent, criminally punishable, non-sports act.

Geez, reading Kings MMQB completely.... :D...this guy is off his rocker. Below are his thoughts on the incident.......

Goat of the Week

Albert Haynesworth, DT, Tennessee. Easiest pick of the year. Haynesworth stomped on the bare forehead of helmetless Dallas center Andre Gurode in the third quarter, opening a wide gash that required 30 stitches to close. Then he was so infuriated after the idiotic play that Titans coach Jeff Fisher almost blew a gasket trying to rein him in. I talked to Fisher a couple of hours afterward, and he was still steamed at Haynesworth for the bush-league ploy. There seems little doubt that either the league or the Titans will suspend him for Sunday's game in Indianapolis.

Ten Things I Think I Think

5. I think it's a good thing that Albert Haynesworth finally came to his senses and was repentant after his polka on Andre Gurode's face. "I disgraced the game, disgraced my team and disgraced my last name,'' Haynesworth said after stomping on Gurode.

6. I think this what I liked about the football weekend:

a. Chad Pennington's continued moxie.

b. Santana Moss. What an explosive player, and his three touchdowns were all highlight-reel plays.

c. Jeff Fisher's bold handling of Haynesworth. "You were really pissed at him,'' I said to Fisher on Sunday night. "Damn right,'' he said.

d. I say the league leaves it to the Titans to suspend Haynesworth for a week.

Huh? King is part of the problem here, no doubt. He has influence on this league and this type of commentary shows how far out of whack the NFL is in this type of case.

He thinks it's a good thing that Haynesworth came to his senses and repented????? Let's see, he removed the guys helmet, didn't connect good with the first stomp, so he stomped him a second time, and then was incensed that he got an unsportmanlike 15yrd penalty? Did Hanyesworth really come to his senses, or was it just that an apology was necessary?

Edited by charty

Geez, reading Kings MMQB completely.... :D...this guy is off his rocker. Below are his thoughts on the incident.......

Huh? King is part of the problem here, no doubt. He has influence on this league and this type of commentary shows how far out of whack the NFL is in this type of case.

He thinks it's a good thing that Haynesworth came to his senses and repented????? Let's see, he removed the guys helmet, didn't connect good with the first stomp, so he stomped him a second time, and then was incensed that he got an unsportmanlike 15yrd penalty? Did Hanyesworth really come to his senses, or was it just that an apology was necessary?

King was on with Collinsworth and the bunch last night.....trying to "defend" his take and Collinsworth layed into him....LOL. Said nothing short of 2-4 games suspension was acceptible. King was sort of flummoxed...and it was the most beautiful thing I've seen unscripted in a long time. :lol:

This really does seem like a roid rage situation....I agree with SB a few pages back. NOT that it is an excuse.....but if Haynesworth hasn't MADE himself chemically unbalanced.....then he is inherently chemically unbalanced. Turning on your coach like that...doesn't bode well. I don't even think a good bout of anger management would help him.

Goooooooose- Frahhhhh-baaaaahhhhh. :D

Edited by SteelBunz

King was on with Collinsworth and the bunch last night.....trying to "defend" his take and Collinsworth layed into him....LOL. Said nothing short of 2-4 games suspension was acceptible. King was sort of flummoxed...and it was the most beautiful thing I've seen unscripted in a long time. :lol:

This really does seem like a roid rage situation....I agree with SB a few pages back. NOT that it is an excuse.....but if Haynesworth hasn't MADE himself chemically unbalanced.....then he is inherently chemically unbalanced. Turning on your coach like that...doesn't bode well. I don't even think a good bout of anger management would help him.

Goooooooose- Frahhhhh-baaaaahhhhh. :D

Yeah ... King said $25,000 and no suspension :D

King was on with Collinsworth and the bunch last night.....trying to "defend" his take and Collinsworth layed into him....LOL. Said nothing short of 2-4 games suspension was acceptible. King was sort of flummoxed...and it was the most beautiful thing I've seen unscripted in a long time. :D

Indeed, I saw that and thought King would re-think his 1 game stance after Collinsworth's reaction. I was suprised to see his opinion didn't change, and that some of his comments come under the "I think this is what I liked about the football weekend".

A 5 game suspension is ridiculous IMO. This guy intentionally injured a player who was laying on the ground. Hopefully this pisses off Gurode enough to press criminal charges or maybe the Titans will realize how pathetic this suspension is and keep him out the rest of the year. Fisher was mighty pissed off when Haynesworth was yelling at the officials. His face was bright red. Can the Titans suspend him longer then the NFL does?