[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers

bushwacked

I, for one, was glad to see the Ravens take the lead late. Chargers owned this game, but Marty is more conservative than Pat Robertson and when you play not to lose, this is exactly what you deserve. :D

That Rivers kid can play, maybe Marty should let him throw the ball on 2nd and long or 3rd down.

Marty is more conservative than Pat Robertson and when you play not to lose, this is exactly what you deserve. :lol:

That Rivers kid can play, maybe Marty should let him throw the ball on 2nd and long or 3rd down.

We think alike. I was driving home from a friend's house after watching the game, and I was thinking, "Marty is more conservative than Pat Robertson". :D

I love LT and the running game, but, for God's sake, Marty, do we HAVE to run off-tackle on EVERY play!?!?!?!

The play calling is so predictable, I just wanna puke!!!! :lol::D

The team got too excited at the end. Two muffed snaps on kicks and a missed field goal that looked like it hit a force field ten yards out :lol: I was thinking that these three plays, and it is true, had the Bolts converted, Charger win. They dominated thast game in every phase except for the number that counts :brew:

But thinking about it more, the second half was maddening :lol: ~~~~ :D

Rivers was picking that D apart with the short ti middle stuff and moving the team efficiently against the "vaunted" Ravens. They put on their turtle shells, cralled in a hole and killed themselves.

Congratualations Ravens fans, you had the best weapon on your side today, Marty Shottemnhiemernenmermnernnieninenmnmererererereeeeeerrr! God I can't wait 'till he gets run! :woot:

:D

Edited by McBoog

Right, Marty will never change; as much as I dislike the "playing not to lose", Marty's philosophy has led to 2 losing records over 21 years and 193 wins. :D

i hope a game like this this early in the season wakes Marty up. Rivers looked damn good and we didn't let him throw in the 2nd half. this game should've never been in doubt.

next week is Pittsburgh....we better be letting Rivers play his game or what's the point??

Right, Marty will never change; as much as I dislike the "playing not to lose", Marty's philosophy has led to 2 losing records over 21 years and 193 wins. :D

That's all well and good, but teams with the philosophy of playing not to lose rather than playing to win never win the superbowl.

edit: I think the playing not to lose mentality sends a message to the team that you don't trust them to not make a mistake whereas playing to win shows a team that the coach believes in his players. Research shows that people live up to their expectations.

Edited by untateve

It is the concept of putting your foot on the throat of your opponent and making him either fight out of it or choak him out.

Marty Schotenhiememememrrrrneneeeeehieimhiemhimererererer has not idea how to finish a game and it reflect in his players on the field!

:D:lol::lol::D:brew::woot::brow:

Being a Gates owner I just loved the fact that Marty ran the ball on just about every single third down play regardless of the yardage. :D For GOD sakes,you have the best TE in football and do not even use him!!!!I am about to offer Gates for Colston at this point.Rivers is for real Marty and to quote Dick Vermeil"it is time to take the diaper off".By no means is this sour grapes on my part I will still win my game this week and I am not a Chargers fan.It is just frustrating to see a coach cause his team to lose a game that was in the bag.The Chargers could be one of the best in the AFC but if Marty keeps doing this his team may not even make the playoffs.

It is the concept of putting your foot on the throat of your opponent and making him either fight out of it or choak him out.

Marty Schotenhiememememrrrrneneeeeehieimhiemhimererererer has not idea how to finish a game and it reflect in his players on the field!

:D:lol::lol::D:brew::woot::brow:

I really feel for you McBoog, knowing you're a Chargers fan.

It's got to be frusterating for you (and all Chargers fans) to see your team get out to a nice lead & playing good D, then watch the play calling for the O revert to Pop Warner level. :pop:

I will be the lone voice for Marty.

The guy has helped turned a pathetic Charger franchise around into a team that is to be reckoned with. just because the fantasy studs aint throwing up giant points , the team is 2-1 and it's only loss is to a team that is 4-0.

I agree somewhat with this but the Ravens had no business winning that game.Chargers dominated and Marty's conservative play cost them the game.

I will be the lone voice for Marty.

The guy has helped turned a pathetic Charger franchise around into a team that is to be reckoned with. just because the fantasy studs aint throwing up giant points , the team is 2-1 and it's only loss is to a team that is 4-0.

You're right Doc, Marty has turned the Chargers around. But he needs to develope that killer instinct.

I agree somewhat with this but the Ravens had no business winning that game.Chargers dominated and Marty's conservative play cost them the game.

I would have to give the Raven defense and team some credit here. they shut down a very good Charger offense and never let Tomlinson get untracked.

You're right Doc, Marty has turned the Chargers around. But he needs to develope that killer instinct.

I think people saying he is to conservative are making a mistake.

Schotts has just never had a team that was good enough to win it all. he makes mediocre teams into good teams but you can only take mediocre talent so far. the Chargers have good talent and I expect him to take the Chargers to around 12 wins. but they don't have the talent to win it all IMO and in the end people will try and blame it on him because his win totals will be so high. people won't realize that the Chargers have a cake schedule and that they are not as good as their wins will make them look.

That leopard won't change his spots. I was a Marty apologist for many years as he inexplicably ran Okoye whether it was there or not.

The Chefs made the playoffs with him, and had winning seasons, sure, but the more important a game is the more conservative he became. He had Joe Montana and Marcus Allen on the same team for cripes sake!

A short passage on Marty as Chief from Wikipedia:

On January 11th, head coach Marty Schottenheimer announced his retirement after 10 seasons of distinguished service with the club. His 101-58-1 (.634) record gave him the best winning percentage of any coach in franchise history. During his tenure, the Chiefs captured three AFC West titles and qualified for the playoffs seven times.

Playoffs 7 times in 10 years and never made it to the SB. I'm certain there are other teams that have done something like this, but BOY is this sounding familiar in this thread. :D

That leopard won't change his spots. I was a Marty apologist for many years as he inexplicably ran Okoye whether it was there or not.

The Chefs made the playoffs with him, and had winning seasons, sure, but the more important a game is the more conservative he became. He had Joe Montana and Marcus Allen on the same team for cripes sake!

A short passage on Marty as Chief from Wikipedia:

On January 11th, head coach Marty Schottenheimer announced his retirement after 10 seasons of distinguished service with the club. His 101-58-1 (.634) record gave him the best winning percentage of any coach in franchise history. During his tenure, the Chiefs captured three AFC West titles and qualified for the playoffs seven times.

Playoffs 7 times in 10 years and never made it to the SB. I'm certain there are other teams that have done something like this, but BOY is this sounding familiar in this thread. :D

What amazed me the most was the fact that people dogged him despite taking his team to the playoffs in 7 out of 10 years.

I mean sure..they had Montana and Allen on the same team 1 year.. but that is just 2 players. and Montana was at the end of his career and if I am not mistaken fell short on a drive that could of sent them on(I was sure rooting for K.C. in that game as I was hoping to see Montana face the 9'ers in the SB). having any 2 players means nothing if your talent is not good enough in other places.

I challenge anyone who saw that game to make a case that Marty wasn't largely resposnible for that loss.

3rd and 6, up 13-6, on your opponents 24 may be a good time to pass, and not run it for the 7th straight play. Even if you only get 5 yards maybe the FG attempt doesn't go wide right.

When you coach like your team isn't good enough to win; you lower the ceiling on the teams potential ability to win....especially against good teams. I think his playoff record indicates that.

people won't realize that the Chargers have a cake schedule and that they are not as good as their wins will make them look.

try watching the game before commenting. Balt was shut down the entire game. they couldn't move the ball at all. we let them hang around. Rivers threw one pass in the 2nd half up until halfway thru the 4th.

i really hope Marty can now realize what he has the rest of the way. i think he just might. he's great at building a winning team....he just needs to trust his talent.

I challenge anyone who saw that game to make a case that Marty wasn't largely resposnible for that loss.

3rd and 6, up 13-6, on your opponents 24 may be a good time to pass, and not run it for the 7th straight play. Even if you only get 5 yards maybe the FG attempt doesn't go wide right.

When you coach like your team isn't good enough to win; you lower the ceiling on the teams potential ability to win....especially against good teams. I think his playoff record indicates that.

Sure he was responsible. as the coach he should and does get the most responsibility for this loss(although it was a team effort). he also gets most of the responsibility for their wins(although it is a team effort). and I bet they win more than they lose this year.

Marty could of thrown there. but he figured..a FG makes in a 2 score game and you don't want to mess that up by some freak turnover. he wanted to make sure he made the kick a little closer at the least and at the best they run for a 1st down. you cannot blame Schottz for a missed FG. he did everything he could to make it easier for the kicker.

try watching the game before commenting. Balt was shut down the entire game. they couldn't move the ball at all. we let them hang around. Rivers threw one pass in the 2nd half up until halfway thru the 4th.

i really hope Marty can now realize what he has the rest of the way. i think he just might. he's great at building a winning team....he just needs to trust his talent.

Reminds me of a SNL skit I seen 1 time where guests came on a game show and spoke and then you guessed what kind of person they were by what they said.

And I have got it..your a geeky dweeb.