[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers

bushwacked

Sure he was responsible. as the coach he should and does get the most responsibility for this loss(although it was a team effort). he also gets most of the responsibility for their wins(although it is a team effort). and I bet they win more than they lose this year.

:D I'm not talking about typical accountability BS as a coach, players making plays usually determines the game. Marty's coaching was probably more responsible for the loss than any particular play. He ultimately and purposely let an inferior team stay in the game. I don't think any other coach, under the same circumstances, would have played that conservatively with such a lack of killer instinct.

try watching the game before commenting. Balt was shut down the entire game. they couldn't move the ball at all. we let them hang around. Rivers threw one pass in the 2nd half up until halfway thru the 4th.

Incorrect. Balt was not shut down the entire game. They were shut down part of the game. The part that didn't matter. For example, Todd Heap moved the ball over the goal line with Merriman on his back. In addition, Bart Scott moved the ball pretty well after he intercepted it from Rivers.

One other observation that I had after watching the game is that Michael Turner is a beast.

:D I'm not talking about typical accountability BS as a coach, players making plays usually determines the game. Marty's coaching was probably more responsible for the loss than any particular play. He ultimately and purposely let an inferior team stay in the game. I don't think any other coach, under the same circumstances, would have played that conservatively with such a lack of killer instinct.

We all have our opinions (and there is nothing wrong with yours).

but we will never agree on this 1.

Being a Gates owner I just loved the fact that Marty ran the ball on just about every single third down play regardless of the yardage. :D For GOD sakes,you have the best TE in football and do not even use him!!!!I am about to offer Gates for Colston at this point.Rivers is for real Marty and to quote Dick Vermeil"it is time to take the diaper off".By no means is this sour grapes on my part I will still win my game this week and I am not a Chargers fan.It is just frustrating to see a coach cause his team to lose a game that was in the bag.The Chargers could be one of the best in the AFC but if Marty keeps doing this his team may not even make the playoffs.

What is that in your avatar?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm holding my breath waiting for Martyball to return! :D

i would too. Everthing is going good now...you guys should be undefeated except for the game the Marty lost. It will become more mindnumbingly head racking when you are about to go to the superbowl and you experience loosing due to running it 10 times in a row even though that Rivers is 15/17 completion wise....mark it.