[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Titans' Haynesworth should be suspended for YR IMO

DROCK_IN_CT

I can not believe the league might not suspend this bum. He steps on the cowboys center who had to get stiches. NFL has no room for dumb, ignorant, jack a$$ players like that.

I really hope they make a example of this guy.

Agreed.

Kick him out for the year.

I'm calling it right now. $30,000 fine and 6 game suspension.

And that's the minimum I'd be willing to see without climbing a clock tower and "expressing my opinions"

It should be a $70,000 fine, 1 year suspension, the other player should sue for $2.5 million and he should do 30 days in jail.

I understand that the Cowboys center had some blurred vision after the assault as well. If he doesn't make a full recovery, you can bet that Haynesworth will be splitting his paychecks with him. Haynesworth should get a minimum of $50,000 fine and 4 games.

On ESPN.com, over 50% voted for a year long suspension. If the league were smart, they'd get a decision out before Wednesday. I'd prefer today.

The suspension will come late tonight, or tomorrow when roster manuevers are usually done. This is so the titans have time to replace Haynesworth tomorrow.

Peter King is out of his damn mind if he thinks Haynesworth will only get a fine. :D

What did Orlando Brown get for just pushing down a referee? Isn't stomping on someone's face worse? 30 stitches? Geez. . .

I wish that SI would suspend Peter King... right after they stomp on his face.

I would've suspended him for the year. Keep the ghetto out of football as long as you can.

I also find it rather humorous that the NFLPA is going to appeal the decision. I think the Cowboy center should ask the NFLPA to ask for an appeal that the suspension isn't for long enough. F'n unions.

I was pretty angry about the situation before, having seen the stomp, but i was thinking that expecting a year was a bit much. It was only while rewatching it that i saw that while Andre was down, Haynesworth came over, pulled his helmet off and tried to kick him once. After that didn't go as successfully as he hoped, he had a second go at it, which is the one that's clear in the tape because he isn't obscured by any other players. I am now LIVID that he isn't being suspended for the entire year. :D

There is simply no place for that. Doing something stupid like kicking a guy can be a gut reaction. You deserve to be punished for not being able to control that reaction, but intentionally removing a defenseless man's helmet and kicking at him twice is a whole other level of ruthless. I stand strongly in protest of the league's weak punishment and the NFLPA's decision to appeal. The only hope for this to end up close to alright is if the Titans organization suspends him for the remainder of the season. :D

As a joke, i would appreciate it if they suspended him for the rest of the regular season, but allowed him to return for the playoffs. NFL teams could use a little more self-deprecation and a better sense of humor. :lol:

If we can suspend Ricky a year for smoking pot, but can't suspend this duche for what he did... The league has some serious flaws in their rules...

It wasn't for pot. but you are right. Drugs and sex are worse than violence in many cases. That was an assault.