[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones.....

samurai30

He had a sweet 35 yard TD run showing off his speed/strength and then a nice draw play that ended in a 7 yrd TD. He should of had 3 TDs, but didn't get much room running at the goalline earlier in the game. Plus he had 4 catches which is good for PPRs leagues. I think with lesser defenses such as greenbay last week and stlouis this week he's a must start. The guy has talent, he just needs a lil better blocking up front..and I think that will come as the O-line starts to get more healthy for detroit. KJ...a nice surprise this year for sure...hopefully he can keep this momentum going... :D

Edited by samurai30

Actually he played pretty well the last game too....for where he was drafted....2nd rounds-4th rounds...I'd say it was good deal up to this point.

I sold Warrick Dunn high and got Kevin Jones low after week 2 (when Dunn was leading the laegue in rushing).

Since then, Dunn has rushed for just over 90 yards, and Jones has just over 220 combined, and THREE TDs.

The kicker: I was patient with trading Dunn, thereby making my opponent more desperate as KJ faltered early...he threw in Colston to sweeten the deal :D

Still early, but that trade has alrady paid mucho dividends. :D

News flash fellas: he's been playing great football this whole time, just not putting up the big numbers. He's been breaking tackles, punishing guys, flashing speed and moves--but in true Lions fashion, all in the first four or five yards, until the mob finally brings him down. The blocking has simply not been there, and because they've gotten behind so quickly they haven't been able to stick with the running game. When dude only gets 12, 13, 14 carries, he's not going to get into a rhythym and he's not going to get the chance to show his stuff.

Watch a Lions game sometime, and keep your eyes on KJ. See how many defenders he makes a complete fool of; it's usually more than one on every run.

Peace

policy

Everyone who watches the games sees his ability; only those who just read total yards and TDs every week think he's been a disappointment.

News flash fellas: he's been playing great football this whole time, just not putting up the big numbers. He's been breaking tackles, punishing guys, flashing speed and moves--but in true Lions fashion, all in the first four or five yards, until the mob finally brings him down. The blocking has simply not been there, and because they've gotten behind so quickly they haven't been able to stick with the running game. When dude only gets 12, 13, 14 carries, he's not going to get into a rhythym and he's not going to get the chance to show his stuff.

Watch a Lions game sometime, and keep your eyes on KJ. See how many defenders he makes a complete fool of; it's usually more than one on every run.

Peace

policy

Everyone who watches the games sees his ability; only those who just read total yards and TDs every week think he's been a disappointment.

This is pretty close to what I popped in here to say. Kevin Jones has been a very good NFL back whenever he's played; it's the lack of carries and protecting leads that have made him a historically mediocre fantasy RB.

That being said, I got Kevin Jones mid-to-late second round in every league I play in. I'm feeling pretty smug about that right now.

Peace

policy

Thanks for the insight!..i agree with u completely

Edited by samurai30

I've been happy with him in PPR leagues as a #2 RB. Though, it's nice to see his work load increase a little each week, and for the TDs to start coming. After sort of a slow start, I watched the last two games much more closely. While I still don't think he's a brusing power back, I didn't give him enough credit earlier in regards to how he responded to initial contact. While he lacks elite speed and tackle-breaking ability, he's good enough in those categories. Plus he's real shifty and a great receiver.

Bottom line, going into Week 4 Kevin Jones was producing the 11th most points per game of all RBs in PPR leagues. After his performance in Week 4, he'll probably climb another rung or two. Good stuff.

Edited by yo mama

I've been happy with him in PPR leagues as a #2 RB. Though, it's nice to see his work load increase a little each week, and for the TDs to start coming. After sort of a slow start, I watched the last two games much more closely. While I still don't think he's a brusing power back, I didn't give him enough credit earlier in regards to how he responded to initial contact. While he lacks elite speed and tackle-breaking ability, he's good enough in those categories. Plus he's real shifty and a great receiver.

Bottom line, going into Week 4 Kevin Jones was producing the 11th most points per game of all RBs in PPR leagues. After his performance in Week 4, he'll probably climb another rung or two. Good stuff.

Yeah, he kicked some butt for me this week. I was a little worried in the 1st half, but he turned it up a notch in the 2nd with some clutch runs. Plus hes doesn't have fumblitis now. I don't know about all those reports saying he had hands like a rock......maybe it was catching 100 balls on a day on the jug machine that payed off

:D It's Kevin Jones people. I understand your need for optimism but, it's still Kevin Jones the Detroit Lion.

Thomas Jones is coming around. I was offered Cotchery for him yesterday, but have been waiting for the Bears to get their running game going. I'd rather have Thomas because i don't see Kevin lasting.

So is Kevin one to keep or a sell high candidate? I'm thinking of pairing him up in an effort to get McNabb, but I don't want to lose a good back (3rd high in my league) if he's going to continue playing good.

I was going to sell high, but I am going to hold onto him until around my trade deadline and I'll try to get someone who is a bit more fresh..

I traded Mason for KJ in Week 2 in a PPR league. :D The Lion's schedule is pretty easy as well, which makes things even more enticing.

People can say what they want about his lack of 100 yard games. Fact is, he's not getting the carries - he hasn't broken the 20 carry mark this year. Typical Martz football :D I like the 4.9 ave he's got over the past 2 games though. With his schedule, he should be a solid #2 RB all year.

I was going to sell high, but I am going to hold onto him until around my trade deadline and I'll try to get someone who is a bit more fresh..

I have an offer in for him from another coach: Chad Johnson & Duece McCallister for KJ & Glenn. I'd be jetisoning two potential sell-high guys for a buy-low guy in CJ. :D

He's bringing a nice value already.

But I have no idea whether to make this deal.

I have an offer in for him from another coach: Chad Johnson & Duece McCallister for KJ & Glenn. I'd be jetisoning two potential sell-high guys for a buy-low guy in CJ. :D

He's bringing a nice value already.

But I have no idea whether to make this deal.

I'd sit tight.....

but you posted that in the wrong forum :D

I've been saying for weeks that people need to get off this guy's back - he had 2 very tough matchups at the beginning of the year (not to mention that these were the first 2 games under a completely new system) and people were ready to write him off. Kevin Jones is an extremely talented runner who, unfortunately, has been the victim of a terrible offensive system for the last year or so (he also had a bum shoulder for much of last year). Now that the Martz O seems to be clicking a bit, you're seeing what he can do given the chance. He's still not (i) having a ton of holes opened up for him or (ii) getting 20+ carries, but he's certainly making the most of what he's getting.