[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears are the best team in football

Goopster24

Yeah, I said it. Who knows what happens later in the season but I am saying RIGHT NOW, there is no team better than the Bears of Chicago. I am still wired on the game from last night, going to it, getting two hours of sleep, and then driving back to Indiana for school. It's been a great last 12 hours or so.

Anybody in Chicago catch the post game comments by the players on WBBM 780? Very funny stuff as they didn't want to be cocky, but you know they are obviously very confident. Lance Briggs turned every question back to the reporter.

Chicago is feeling good, and I can feel the love almost 200 miles away. BEARS :D.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I said it. Who knows what happens later in the season but I am saying RIGHT NOW, there is no team better than the Bears of Chicago. I am still wired on the game from last night, going to it, getting two hours of sleep, and then driving back to Indiana for school. It's been a great last 12 hours or so.

Anybody in Chicago catch the post game comments by the players on WBBM 780? Very funny stuff as they didn't want to be cocky, but you know they are obviously very confident. Lance Briggs turned every question back to the reporter.

Chicago is feeling good, and I can feel the love almost 200 miles away. BEARS :D.

Right now they are great..They had promise last year too and came up short at home in the playoffs when Carolina racked up 434 yds of O against that vaunted D..Right now they look awesome but im starting to see some early annointing here..Not so much your thread but in some scattered posts on the boards today. As a Bears fan you should be very happy right now though..They look great.

Right now they are great..They had promise last year too and came up short at home in the playoffs when Carolina racked up 434 yds of O against that vaunted D..Right now they look awesome but im starting to see some early annointing here..Not so much your thread but in some scattered posts on the boards today. As a Bears fan you should be very happy right now though..They look great.

I truly think this Bears team has a different attitude compared to last year. They are very strict to business and that was apparent with their post-game interviews. They have learned their lesson from last year and they are to the point now.

Being at the game yesterday, it was so obvious also how much more communication goes on with the defense, especially the secondary. That obviously makes a world of a difference.

I'm just hoping the Bills can maintain some dignity after next weekend. They did ok against the Vikings...But man the bears scare me. I just hope the Bills make it out of that game in one piece. No homer glasses on this game this week. It will be a tough game for the Bills any way you look at it.

Edited by hause62

Being at the game yesterday, it was so obvious also how much more communication goes on with the defense, especially the secondary. That obviously makes a world of a difference.

Watching Urlacher directing the D last night was a real pleasure. This is a very tight and cohesive unit. Seattle are a very good team, Hasselbeck is a top grade QB, yet he looked like he was terrified last night, especially when running for his life parallel to the original line of scrimmage.

Watching Urlacher directing the D last night was a real pleasure. This is a very tight and cohesive unit. Seattle are a very good team, Hasselbeck is a top grade QB, yet he looked like he was terrified last night, especially when running for his life parallel to the original line of scrimmage.

The Bears have the best front four in football. They bring pressure with all four of those guys and don't even need to blitz their linebackers. That pays out HUGE.

Colts, Begals, Chargers, Seahawks! Are all better teams.

Um....OK.

Let's see...Bengals and Seahawks get beat up. Chargers get beat. Colts barely hold on.

Did anyone else see the stat last night that in their past 8 home games, the Bears have given up only 2 touchdowns. I guess we can make that their past 9 games now.

Um....OK.

Let's see...Bengals and Seahawks get beat up. Chargers get beat. Colts barely hold on.

Did anyone else see the stat last night that in their past 8 home games, the Bears have given up only 2 touchdowns. I guess we can make that their past 9 games now.

I believe that applies only to the regular season. But yes, the Bears are undefeated at home during the regular season and have given up no more than 9 points in each of those wins. House of Thunder baby....

Edited by Goopster24

The Bears have the best front four in football. They bring pressure with all four of those guys and don't even need to blitz their linebackers. That pays out HUGE.

I'll take it a step further.

Tommy Harris is the best defensive player in the NFL. Better than Urlacher. Better than Ray Lewis. Better than ANYONE. He was SICK last night. He could have had 5 or 6 sacks so easily. Seattle simply could not block him. Thank you Jerry Angelo for drafting him and thank you to the 14 NFL teams that passed on him in the draft two years ago.

Don't forget last week where Harris stripped Chester Taylor late in the game, which led to the winning TD from Rex "Baby Favre" Grossman.

I am so going to be in Miami on February 4th...can't wait to see who we get in the big game. Colts-Bears Super Bowl? That would be FUN :D

I'll take it a step further.

Tommy Harris is the best defensive player in the NFL. Better than Urlacher. Better than Ray Lewis. Better than ANYONE. He was SICK last night. He could have had 5 or 6 sacks so easily. Seattle simply could not block him. Thank you Jerry Angelo for drafting him and thank you to the 14 NFL teams that passed on him in the draft two years ago.

Don't forget last week where Harris stripped Chester Taylor late in the game, which led to the winning TD from Rex "Baby Favre" Grossman.

I am so going to be in Miami on February 4th...can't wait to see who we get in the big game. Colts-Bears Super Bowl? That would be FUN :D

Lovie Smith said after the game that Tommie Harris has gotten the game ball every game this year. Tommie Harris will no doubt pick up several votes for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

Haha, I'm not one for comparisons. Rexy is his own player and making his name for himself. He could very well become the best Bears quarterback of all time.

:D Don't worry, we'll lend you a shoulder to cry on when he gets hurt next week and is gone for the season.

Well I was thinking of the mid 90's Favre...not the old beat up Favre...that I am incidently enjoying IMMENSELY watching. We beat the crap out of him up in Lambeau in week one :D

How's that retarded song go....????? The Pack still suck, the Pack still suck.....

As a die-hard Bears fan, I'm obviously thrilled with what I saw last night. Seattle has a strong D and Grossman looked composed and was as accurate as could be. The Bears D is for real. We'll see about this offense.

You can pretty much give em their (weak) division this year already.

But let's not start handing out the trophies quite yet. The Bears need to stay healthy (um....Rex?) and not get too cocky. My worry is they roll through their very soft schedule and then are not able to match a streaking opponents intensity in the playoffs. Look at what happened to the Colts last year.

But for now....life is very good in Bear Land!

As a die-hard Bears fan, I'm obviously thrilled with what I saw last night. Seattle has a strong D and Grossman looked composed and was as accurate as could be. The Bears D is for real. We'll see about this offense.

You can pretty much give em their (weak) division this year already.

But let's not start handing out the trophies quite yet. The Bears need to stay healthy (um....Rex?) and not get too cocky. My worry is they roll through their very soft schedule and then are not able to match a streaking opponents intensity in the playoffs. Look at what happened to the Colts last year.

But for now....life is very good in Bear Land!

Seriously.....You're dead on.

It's clear they have the best D, 29 points in 4 games and only 1 TD given up all year - the other being scored on an INT from Grossman. It's approaching '85 Bears in terms of ability, and they're all (except Briggs) signed through the end of NEXT year which is pretty scary given that they drafted all D this year too.

I want a more consistent run game, though. Also, putting "Grossman" and "Favre" in the same sentence is stoopid (thanks Madden for starting this) unless you're going to say "Brett Favre never missed a game from injury and Grossman has missed too many games at this point in his career to not be lableed injury prone."

Also, why Holmgren didn't comeout in 4 WR sets and pass on every play was beyond me, but I'll take it.

Any post season rematch does NOT resemble last night.