[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Trade that could have doomed my season

Cyclones

So here I am after week 2, smarting from a 120-70 beating, thinking about where my team is headed. I have no confidence in Portis at the time, and Holt is coming off a 3 catch, 30 yard performance...against the Niners. SJax has yet to find the end zone, Warner looks like the Warner of the NYG days after a week one explosion, and Chambers is stuck in an offense that's going nowhere....so what do I do? I panic on Portis, and offer another owner Portis and Holt for Reggie Bush and Marvin Harrison. His response? "I'm not trading the best receiver in football." I was pissed about it, and said screw it, I won't make another offer. Let's try to ride it out....and boy oh boy, has it worked out. Portis looks top 3 now, and Holt should finish the season in the top 5 with ease. The owner who turned the trade down has been kicking himself in the ass ever since.

Now to the trade I made last week, SJax for Tatum Bell. SJax finally got into the end zone this week, and had a 100+ yard day again. The only positive is that due to Denver's bye, I had to go with KJones instead this week, and that was a +3 point gain for me over SJax. However, seeing Jackson continue to get a bunch of touches and being so effective in the passing game has me thinking I may regret trading him for Bell. Funny how a FF season can be decided by a trade that never was.

Edited by Cyclones

After the first two weeks, a frustrated KJ owner offered him to me straight-up for Dunn (who WAS leading the league in rushing at the time, but with no TDs). I played coy, said Dunn will get his in time....he sweetened the offer by adding Colston (who he grabbed off the free agent wire just before my slot).

I guess the point is: don't panic if you are trailing a 100-mile race after a just a few miles.