[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, who started Mike Furrey this week?

yo mama

Started him in MSHB, the only league I own him in. :D

:D

Up against him in 2 leagues.

Have him in 3 other leagues. Started him in two leagues and lost both anyway, and benched him in the other and won that one anyway.

Picked him off the trash heap in two leagues, played him in both. I'm still grinning ear to ear.

I am the guy he played in one of the leagues...Mike Furrey? I started Roy Williams, the guy who is supposed to be gettin ghtose TD's mama!

I played against him in one league and he was the difference - I lost. :D

I have to admit I had no clue who he was when I saw my opponent's lineup. :D How the heck did all you folks know about him - and even start him?

Going into the game he had 14 receptions to R. Williams 16.

I played against him in one league and he was the difference - I lost. :D

I have to admit I had no clue who he was when I saw my opponent's lineup. :D How the heck did all you folks know about him - and even start him?

I noticed that after Weeks 1 and 2 that he'd been targeted a healthy number of times (14). What sold me was that he caught 11 of those 14 passes for an astounding 78.57% reception ratio, and 122 yards. While he'd not seen any looks in the red zone yet, I figured in PPR leagues he'd be a lock for around 5 receptions and 50 yards each week, which made him a solid bye week/injury filler. Week 3 didn't really pan out as I expected, but at least he still saw 7 pass targets, so I figured the upside did exist.

Then Bradford got cut last week and everything I read about Furrey said he'd cemented the #2 WR spot because he knew Martz' offense inside and out. Detroit's DEF isn't the type that really shuts opponents down (Week 1 notwithstanding), and Martz knows how to score points, so I thought Furrey was in the right place at the right time to step up. And frankly, outside of Kevin Jones and Roy Williams, there was room for another play maker in an offense that was going to have to throw a lot.

Week 4 will likely go down as Furrey's best game of 2006, but it's worth noting that he caught 8 of the 9 balls thrown his way in Week 4 (and the one ball he didn't catch was basically uncatchable) and still has a crazy 73% season-to-date reception ratio. So I firmly believe he'll continue to be useful going forward. At the very least, you know Kitna and Martz are probably going to trust the guy a lot more now.

Edited by yo mama

I am the guy he played in one of the leagues...Mike Furrey? I started Roy Williams, the guy who is supposed to be gettin ghtose TD's mama!

Well, now that you metion it... :D

You know, if I were to bench the Eagles' DEF right now, I'd lock up a win against you. But (borrowing from theeohiostate's other thread) I just cannot bring myself to play a bye week DEF against you when I've got a legit play at that position on my roster. Man, I really don't like our DEF scoring rules.

Edited by yo mama