[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haynesworth SUSPENDED

theeohiostate

Titans DT Albert Haynesworth was suspended five games without pay for intentionally stepping on Cowboys C Andre Gurode's head.

Commissioner Roger Goodell's first major act will be well received around the league. Lost in the maelstrom about Haynesworth's act is that Haynesworth is Tennessee's best defensive player and one of the best defensive tackles in the league. A shaky defensive line just got a lot worse. Keep playing opponents of Tennessee.

Source Rotoworld

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D hope fisher adds 7 more games to that, or flat-out kicks him off.

Yeah, If Im Jeff Fisher, I don't let him play again this year. Its not like they're going to make a late season playoff push, so I'd send a message to all of the goons on my team that if you pull crap like that, you don't get paid, and you won't play.

Yeah, If Im Jeff Fisher, I don't let him play again this year. Its not like they're going to make a late season playoff push, so I'd send a message to all of the goons on my team that if you pull crap like that, you don't get paid, and you won't play.

Have another exuse to get first overall pick

In the threads yesterday I said that I thought 4 games was about right. The league suspended him without pay for 5 games. I think that is appropriate. The entire season as some people want is just excessive in my opinion.

5 games seems about right. that's a third of the season...it's equivalent to like 50 games if he was a baseball player. or 25 in hockey or basketball. that is a major suspension.

Bertuzzi got suspended by the NHL for the rest of the season and had criminal charges pressed aginst him for punching a guy from behind. This idiot takes of a guys helmet and stomps him with metal cleats. 5 games is pathetic if you ask me.

HowboutthemCowboys hit the nail right on the head about the Peyton thing. If it was Manning this guy would never see an NFL field again unless he bought a ticket.

How does this guy not get charged with a crime? If any of us did that oh lets say to a guy in a bar we would go right to jail. Does the fact that this happened on a pro football field make it ok? Do players get some kind of exemption or what? 5 games is a joke!!!

If you made a football-legal tackle on someone at the bar...and not even a good tackle...you'd do time. You can't compare, just like you can't compare boxing or mma to events in real life.

Bertuzzi got suspended by the NHL for the rest of the season and had criminal charges pressed aginst him for punching a guy from behind. This idiot takes of a guys helmet and stomps him with metal cleats. 5 games is pathetic if you ask me.

HowboutthemCowboys hit the nail right on the head about the Peyton thing. If it was Manning this guy would never see an NFL field again unless he bought a ticket.

Bertuzzi fractured a couple vertabrae in the guys neck. If he hadn't given him a concussion/broken neck, he wouldn't have gotten a years suspension. The victim in this haynesworth case seems to have gotten off with superficial wounds.

People get too wound up over nothing. 5 games is perfect. He seemed sincere in his apology and took blame like a man (unlike bertuzzi) Football is tough. Let the guy play.

If you made a football-legal tackle on someone at the bar...and not even a good tackle...you'd do time. You can't compare, just like you can't compare boxing or mma to events in real life.

Bertuzzi fractured a couple vertabrae in the guys neck. If he hadn't given him a concussion/broken neck, he wouldn't have gotten a years suspension. The victim in this haynesworth case seems to have gotten off with superficial wounds.

People get too wound up over nothing. 5 games is perfect. He seemed sincere in his apology and took blame like a man (unlike bertuzzi) Football is tough. Let the guy play.

What is the difference between what Haynesworth did and stabbing someone in the face? That is basically what he did. Is it because it happened on the football field? Why should he be above the law just because it happened during an NFL game?

so if Gurode would have lost an eye,you would feel differently.Let the guy play :D:D