[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fragile Fred Taylor...

gagooey36

Can't really blame Taylor for only getting 7 carries. Jones-Drew only carried the ball 3 times. Jax simply passed the ball on Sunday. I don't know why they didn't attempt to establish a running game. I don't Freddy was hurt. It was the game plan, I guess.

I can't recall seeing Fragile play in the past (probably because he was always hurt), but since I have him on my roster this year, I've watched JAC games. I can now understand why he's always been hurt - he runs like he's beeing chased by a swarm of bees! He probably jukes and spins 10 times each run (at times he spins when he's not even being hit) - for christ's sake, just tuck the ball and run forward! If FTaylor owners got points for jukes and spins he'd be the leading scorer in the league. They need to give the ball to Drew more - the kid looks fast and fresh and he's a downhill runner. Luckily, I've handcuffed myself to Drew...

I would love to hear the "theory" behind this one.

Fred is done. Cash in your chips folks and just go home.

yeah what a crazy theory!....boy am i "out there"

considering freds past...and the fact that he touched the ball 20 plus times the first three weeks....i think drews emergence can really only help fred....hes still going to see more carries as long as hes not dinged up....and believe it or not....but theres a rookie emerging here in new england...but even corey dillon still has some fantasy value

sorry guys...i have to bump this thread

i wanna see if this guy is around tonight...so he can tell me why drews emergence can only crush fred taylors fantasy value

Oh wow! :D You are actually serious!? I thought you were just trying to do a little :D You truly believe that a rookie that's pulling down a 5.9 YPC is going to somehow benefit Fragile Freddy's 3.6 YPC. Law of averages says Freddie gets less and less carries as the year goes on. There's a new sheriff in town in Jacksonville.

Oh wow! :D You are actually serious!? I thought you were just trying to do a little :D You truly believe that a rookie that's pulling down a 5.9 YPC is going to somehow benefit Fragile Freddy's 3.6 YPC. Law of averages says Freddie gets less and less carries as the year goes on. There's a new sheriff in town in Jacksonville.

I'm not on anybody's side here, but it sounds reasonable to me. If you picked the starter and the rookie is looking very good you have to assume that it will hurt the productivity of your guy. I just picked up mo-jo-dr this last week as I'm in serious need of RB output. I hope he continues to produce and becomes a reliable option with match ups. If fred gets as much as a slight sprain in his ankle...he could find himself replaced if mo-jo hits the ground running. JMHO.

Guest Mutine Bullfrog

Agreed. If the Jags can string together a few wins with Jones Drew running strong it will spell doom for Fred. Right now he is still getting his 20 carries. If that drops Taylor owners are in trouble. I guess your theory is if he gets less carries he'll be less likely to get hurt and then play the whole season. Maybe, but less carries translates to fewer yards and less TD’s, which in turn means less fantasy points. Your theory only holds true if you are a Jags fan and do not play fantasy football

P.S. Maroney is killing Dillon owners not helping.

Dillon, Corey

58 carries

236 yards

2 TD’s

Maroney, Laurence

60 carries

294 yards

3 TD’s

Maroney stole at least 2 TD’s, 20 carries, and 150 yards easy.

Fred taylor is the starter, Drew is the 3rd down back, sometimes spells Fred.

Drew is awesome, but freddy is one of the best RB's out there, don't believe me, believe some of the other greats who love Freddy, Jim Brown, TD, Emmit.

Fred is in great shape, and could very well have a great season. Since Jax loves to pound the ball, see Indy game, Drew could end up with a very good year too. They will both have a very good game this weekend as Jax knows the only way they let the jets in is if Chad gets comfortable, he will not.

This game has the making of a blow out, which is unsual for the Jags. They want to have a statement game, and the jets do not match up well with any part of the Jacksonville game plan.

The fact Drew returns punts is a bonus.

Plus, they still get to plat tenn and hou twice each.

Edited by H8tank

Fred taylor is the starter, Drew is the 3rd down back, sometimes spells Fred.

Drew is awesome, but freddy is one of the best RB's out there, don't believe me, believe some of the other greats who love Freddy, Jim Brown, TD, Emmit.

Fred is in great shape, and could very well have a great season. Since Jax loves to pound the ball, see Indy game, Drew could end up with a very good year too. They will both have a very good game this weekend as Jax knows the only way they let the jets in is if Chad gets comfortable, he will not.

This game has the making of a blow out, which is usual for the Jags. They want to have a statement game, and the jets do not match up well with any part of the Jacksonville game plan.

The fact Drew returns punts is a bonus.

Plus, they still get to plat tenn and hou twice each.

wow, that post just made me warm and fuzzy all over... feeling great with Taylor in the flex this weekend.

Agreed. If the Jags can string together a few wins with Jones Drew running strong it will spell doom for Fred. Right now he is still getting his 20 carries. If that drops Taylor owners are in trouble. I guess your theory is if he gets less carries he'll be less likely to get hurt and then play the whole season. Maybe, but less carries translates to fewer yards and less TD’s, which in turn means less fantasy points. Your theory only holds true if you are a Jags fan and do not play fantasy football

P.S. Maroney is killing Dillon owners not helping.

Dillon, Corey

58 carries

236 yards

2 TD’s

Maroney, Laurence

60 carries

294 yards

3 TD’s

Maroney stole at least 2 TD’s, 20 carries, and 150 yards easy.

ill tell ya what...maroney giving corey dillon some room to breathe, sure helps dillon owners a hell of alot more that it hurts them...trust me..i picked corey 7th overall last year...as long as hes staying healthy, hes a good bet for 80 yards and a td...not saying hes going to do that each week...but hes in a good situation...it sure beats not knowing his injury status...if you werent paying attention in the preaseason, and you drafted dillon thinking hes was going to own 25 carries a game, then i feel sorry for you...thats my point with taylor...i dont think he was drafted in many leagues to be a #2....#3 at best....and he still has plent of value right there....they have what is considered to be a soft run schedule...if hes touching the ball 17-20 times a game...that better than a hell of alot of other guys you might be starting

deangelo williams 5.4 yards a carry

deshaun foster..4.2

oh man..new sherrif in town there!(i wish)