[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry

Hugh 0ne

From kffl:

Bengals | Lewis comments on Henry deactivation

Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:35:32 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said he noticed a difference on the field during Week 4 with WR Chris Henry deactivated before the team's game. "I did notice a difference, actually," Lewis said. "I didn't have anybody taunting, in anybody's face or anything like that. That's where I noticed the difference: Guys doing it the way they're asked to do it. I didn't have to worry about the guy taking off his helmet on the field and things like that. That's the key thing. And again, as you asked about the other thing, it's the respect to the league and what the rules are on the field, and that I didn't have to worry about yesterday. And those are things we've got to continually get straight all the time, because I've got to know who I can count on and when I can count on them."

So basically Lewis is saying it was great not to have Henry on the field. :D

Might want to trade him to an unsuspecting dumbass before he loses ALL his fantasy value. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

The other difference was that they got beat. It's tough for guys to taunt and get in the opponents' face when you're getting killed. Henry also brings a more dangerous aspect to the O than Washington does I think.

Exactly. I think Lewis is just playing some "tough love" like Judge Mathis and trying to straighten the kid out. He'll get plenty of PT after their bye.

A couple of things to consider in trying to read the tea leaves:

1. Lewis is on the Competition Committee, this news conference was held before the NFL passed down its suspension of Haynesworth -- I'm pretty sure that's what Lewis was referring to in the quote above where he says "as you asked about the other thing, it's respect to the league ..." Lewis was pretty bent out of shape over Haynesworth: “Being on the competition committee, that's one of the things that we're really trying to clean up and take out of the game of football,” Lewis said. “It's not proper, and it's not what young kids or anybody else should (see). If indeed it's what I was told, then that's not what we're looking for in the game of football, and particularly in the National Football League. So I'm sure it will be dealt with.”

So, in a greater sense, he just wants everyone in the NFL to grow up, obviously including Henry.

2. Lewis knows Henry may still be suspended for a game or two by Goodell, and it may have became even more likely after the Haynesworth incident. So he could just be preparing his team for that, especially if it comes this week with the Bengals on a bye.

3. Palmer and others made it pretty clear after the game they thought not having Henry on the field Sunday hurt the team, and that 5'8" Antonio Chatman is no match as a red zone target for 6'4" Henry. Palmer likes him in there. Palmer will miss him if he has to play without him, especially as a red zone target.

If I took anything from Lewis' comments, it's that it sounds like he expects Henry to get a suspension from the NFL. Could be a game or two, but if he screws up again -- very likely at the rate he is going -- he'll likely be out for the season, whether Lewis has anything to say about it or not.

From kffl:

Bengals | Lewis comments on Henry deactivation

Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:35:32 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said he noticed a difference on the field during Week 4 with WR Chris Henry deactivated before the team's game. "I did notice a difference, actually," Lewis said. "I didn't have anybody taunting, in anybody's face or anything like that. That's where I noticed the difference: Guys doing it the way they're asked to do it. I didn't have to worry about the guy taking off his helmet on the field and things like that. That's the key thing. And again, as you asked about the other thing, it's the respect to the league and what the rules are on the field, and that I didn't have to worry about yesterday. And those are things we've got to continually get straight all the time, because I've got to know who I can count on and when I can count on them."

So basically Lewis is saying it was great not to have Henry on the field. :D

Might want to trade him to an unsuspecting dumbass before he loses ALL his fantasy value. :lol:

All the unsuspecting dumbasses in my league are on this board.

Thanks for that.:D

I targetted this guy coming out of WV. I took him earlier than anyone else would have for sure. His offseason actions forced me to cut him.

I'll never understand athletes like this..all the talent in the world and they just throw it away.

They were getting trampled, what in the world is there to taunt about. Henry is an amazing talent, I think he would have helped them this weekend, they still would have lost though. Palmer just was not on his game.