[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blockbuster trade advice...

Joker

I was offered Carson Palmer, Jamal Lewis and Deuce McAllister for Rex Grossman, Laurence Maroney and Jerricho Cotchery.

In our league, the playoffs start week 14. With the way the Bears are playing, my fear is that they will clinch the division and rest Grossman right when the playoffs start.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I see no reason for you to make this trade. The guy is sneaky... I think who he really wants is Maroney. I know stats run different in leagues and they will change as time goes on, but so far here's how the trade would breakdown if you were in my league (the rating for the player is listed):

Palmer (15) for Grossman (4)

Deuce Mc(12) for Maroney (9) w/ tremendous upside possiblities

J Lewis (bum - or rb-29 - take your pick) for Cotchery (wr-5)

Why would you do this?

Like I said above, I am concerned that Grossman will sit out the last couple weeks because of how far ahead the Bears will be.

I think Carson is underachieving right now and will start to play much better and I think the Bengals will have to fight to make the playoffs which means that Carson will probably play every game.

Grossman won't sit out the last few weeks unless he's broken (again). He may sit out the 2nd half of the last game - but you have to get there before that becomes an issue. I still see no good reason for you to make this trade. You seem to want to do it so go for it.

I don't think it is a very good trade for me but I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't something I was missing.

I REALLY think he's going after Maroney. I think he thinks Palmer and Grossman may be a wash - but believes you think Palmer will be better... he's throwing big names from the past into the mix with JLewis (bum) and Deuce (Bush and first year out of blown knee). Maroney could be this year's version of last year's Larry Johnson - taking over for a broken down starter and changing the life of the lucky fantasy owner. Not to mention Crotchery has really linked well with Pennington and Coles is getting more and more beat up each week. The Jets can't and won't run this year so this probably won't change. Good luck.