[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No additional suspension for Haynesworth from the Titans

Hugh 0ne

Titans | Hayneworth not expected to appeal, receive punishment from team

Tue, 3 Oct 2006 07:36:26 -0700

Judy Battista, of the New York Times, reports Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said DT Albert Haynesworth, who violently stomped on the face of Dallas Cowboys C Andre Gurode's face during Week 4, is likely to accept the five-game suspension handed down by the NFL for his flagrant act. "He was contrite, remorseful, no different than he was yesterday after the game," Fisher said. "He is embarrassed for his conduct. He is embarrassed not only for the actions yesterday at the ballgame, but also for what this does to his teammates and obviously to the defensive unit and this football team over the next five weeks." Fisher also noted that the club is satisfied by the league's decision to suspend Haynesworth for five games, the longest suspension handed down for an on-field action in NFL history.

kffl.

Why should the team take further action?

The suspention was "unprecedented" for an on-the-field incident.

The guy's going to lose more than a quarter of his salary.

He's contrite.

No need to take further public action.

If I was Jeff Fisher, I'd have him scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush in the Titans locker room for the next 5 weeks, and I'd make his life absolutely miserable in practice. And I might make hi 2nd string for the rest of the year.

But I wouldn't take any "official" action against him. That's just more of a distraction. Plus, the players union would try to overturn any type of "official" team sanction. Unofficial sanctions are much more effective.

He's contrite.

If I was Jeff Fisher, I'd have him scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush in the Titans locker room for the next 5 weeks, and I'd make his life absolutely miserable in practice. And I might make hi 2nd string for the rest of the year.

But I wouldn't take any "official" action against him. That's just more of a distraction. Plus, the players union would try to overturn any type of "official" team sanction. Unofficial sanctions are much more effective.

I don't think he can be at the team facility until his suspension is up - anyone know for sure?

He's contrite.

"unprecedented" so what? That f'n piece of sh*t should be done for the year. I don't care who is gong to make that happen but it should! Fisher seems to be a class act and I wish he would have had more balls here. :D

"unprecedented" so what? That f'n piece of sh*t should be done for the year. I don't care who is gong to make that happen but it should! Fisher seems to be a class act and I wish he would have had more balls here. :D

Fisher wants to win football games. He'd hire Jeffrey Dahmer if he could rush the passer. And if he wasn't dead.

I don't think he can be at the team facility until his suspension is up - anyone know for sure?

I know Odell Thurman isn't allowed at the Bengals facility until his suspension is over. I would assume the rule is the same for this type of suspension.

Fisher wants to win football games. He'd hire Jeffrey Dahmer if he could rush the passer. And if he wasn't dead.

Not the point here. Fisher has more class than that. Gacy maybe (nt?) but not Dahmer. Seriously the Titans suck and he could do more good for the organization as a whole by kicking Haynesworth's a$$! I think he wanted to.

"He's contrite" :D

He's sorry he got caught is all ... on the field he was vehement in his belief that he shouldn't even have been penalized.

He became "contrite" when he went back to the locker room and got a call from his pissed off agent telling him what an ass he was and what the likely negative consequences of his actions would be. That's when the remorse kicked in ... the remorse for what was going to happen to him NOT remorse for his actions.

"He's contrite" :D

He's sorry he got caught is all ... on the field he was vehement in his belief that he shouldn't even have been penalized.

He became "contrite" when he went back to the locker room and got a call from his pissed off agent telling him what an ass he was and what the likely negative consequences of his actions would be. That's when the remorse kicked in ... the remorse for what was going to happen to him NOT remorse for his actions.

BINGO!

Gee I can't imagine.

So?

...I believe you ignore his signing bonus. And oh btw he's still stinkin loaded. Basically, BFD.

He's contrite.
lol. You're painfully naive.

Let me stomp your head like that, then restate that opinion and I'll buy it.

Plus, the players union would try to overturn any type of "official" team sanction. Unofficial sanctions are much more effective.
Now you're talking sense. GB the apologist NFLPA.

What joke this is.....but then again we're talking pro sports so that's kind of a given...

Edited by BeeR