[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unfair Trade?

ReturnToSender

Ok, here s the deal, 1 pt per recption, 10 yards rush/recieve 1pt, 1 per 25 pass, bonus at 100 for rush/recieve and 300 pass 6 pt per td.

We have 3 folks that look at trades and make sure they are close and fair before they can go through. The two people invloved in trade are the other 2 who can approve along with myself. I approved it..is this trade way too one sided?

10/03/06 09:06 am ET KAISER SOZE Barber, Tiki RB NYG - Traded from HIGHLANDER

Browns, DST DST CLE - Traded from HIGHLANDER

Bulger, Marc QB STL - Traded from HIGHLANDER

Jacobs, Brandon RB NYG - Traded from HIGHLANDER

Mason, Derrick WR BAL - Traded from HIGHLANDER

Wayne, Reggie WR IND - Traded from HIGHLANDER

10/03/06 09:06 am ET HIGHLANDER Bell, Mike RB DEN - Traded from KAISER SOZE

Bell, Tatum RB DEN - Traded from KAISER SOZE

Carr, David QB HOU - Traded from KAISER SOZE

Colston, Marques WR NO - Traded from KAISER SOZE

Frye, Charlie QB CLE - Traded from KAISER SOZE

Jennings, Greg WR GB - Traded from KAISER SOZE

Our league, a re-draft league, enacted an approval process thanks to highlander 2 years ago, when the idiot paniced and sent Shawn Alexander off for his back up and tier 3 WR after Alexander was carted off the field. Of course SA came back the next week and finsihed with a huge season.

The league is screaming that KAISER SOZE raped the roster of Highlander. It is of course a case of named players going for young players. The point total was off by 2 points, I approved it, I think it's fair.

:lol: no way that trade should be vetoed. your league is a bunch of sackless puke idiots if that trade gets overruled.

pretty ballsy trade by highlander, but he could EASILY end up getting the best of it. bell is probably the most valuable player in the trade and highlander is getting him. carr has been putting up pretty decent fantasy #s (better than bulger) despite houston playing like crap in general. and maybe it doesn't last, but colston and jennings have established themselves as their teams' top receiving threats. all told (and depending who else i had at QB), i think i'd RATHER have his end of this trade because of the big upgrade at RB.

but regardless, any league that would "scream" to have this trade overruled is a bunch of pathetic grannies who need to find a new hobby. :D:D

Edited by Azazello1313

It is not the league's job nor the commissioner's job to determine the fairness of a trade.

Unfortunately, in this league, the rule they have in place states the trade has to be fair and close. They even have a committee to vote on it. The problem therein lies with what just happened: members of the committee involved in a trade, making the committee a mute point, since now it can't exist.

They should really think about enacting a rule immediately to make all trades approveable unless collusion can be proven.

That being said, if they can't change the rule, and the question is: is this trade fair on value? no, the guy getting barber, bulger & wayne is probabaly going to make out better over the course of the REST of the year. but is it overwhelmingly onesided? hardly.

approve the deal.

I missed it too - look at the top line. There are 6 players being traded on each team, not 5.

ooooooh ok.....weird optical illusion thing how i missed that line, and apparently wasn't the only one. :D

well, adding in tiki and mike bell, i certainly take back what i said about preferring highlander's end of the deal. but i DON'T take back what i said about this not being anywhere CLOSE to an overturn-able trade.