[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's The Value Of Card's WR's and Edge

Endzone

Now that Leinart is the Man...I believe it will effect not only Edge but Boldin & Fitz if last week was any indication when Matt stepped in.

The offense can only get better with time but does this de ja vue of the Bengals when Carson took over?

What is the projected value of the Card's WRs and Edge for the rest of the season as I don't believe they will end up as top 10 in their positions as they were thought out to be by HUDDLE?

I don't know a lot about the Cardinals, but I do know that no RB will ever be productive without a decent offensive line. From all that I've heard (and seen) the Cards' line is miserable. Some of this might be simply be caused by Warner's penchant to hang on to the ball when he doesn't have a RB named Faulk to dump it to.

Any Cards homers on this sight? Thoughts?

You could also look at it like this... it won't get any worse.

i've had the wonderful pleasure of watching all the piles of dog crap everyone else calls "cardinals games" this year either in person or on the tv. here's the interesting thing about the cardinals o-line. their pass protection really isn't that terrible.......it's not good either, but it hasn't been awful. the problem mainly was that warner was spending more than 3 or 4 seconds without throwing the ball which, as we all know, leads to bad things, mainly fumbles and interceptions. the highlight of this year so far has been the play-by-play announcing during game against the rams: "look how much time warner has in the po..[pass gets thrown]...cket...[ball gets intercepted]." so again, i don't think their offensive line is good, but the pass protection has been decent, but for some reason, they can't run block worth a lick. i'm not sure if they just don't have the talent or it's the fact that the combination of guys on the field right now have barely played together and have no chemistry at all. nearly all of last year, they were without starters on that line. that trend continued this year in camp. so i guess i'm not sure how good they can really be, but i would guess it has to get at least a little bit better. i guess the point of all that is that i think leinart will have a decent amount of time in the pocket, which would lead me to believe he's got to get up to speed and then i would expect him to be fine. i don't see him lighting people up, but i also don't see him having alex smith numbers from last year. for what it's worth, he did look fairly sharp this preseason. i know, i know, it's preseason.

my guess is that leinart comes in and does fine for a rookie. frankly, it can't get worse than warner has been, it really can't. i think the cards made the right call because the kid needs to take his lumps either this year or next, so they might as well get him in and see if they can change their luck. i can only hope the cards take some of that cap room and their draft picks and get some help up front because otherwise, they will be the same talented team without a core and continue to fail.

as far as the fantasy impact, i would expect edge to catch some more dumpoffs, and fitz and boldin to stay on par with what they've done so far. if leinart is successful, then the wr's have the talent to do exactly what they've been doing. if they are unsuccessful, they should be playing from behind frequently. the defense is young and has some talent, but they are inconsistent so i don't expect that unit to keep many scores low. bryant johnson should probably considered less valuable based on him being the 4th or 5th option.

i'll take any arguments or other considerations on the above statement, because frankly, most of it is coming from my gut. but i guess that's all i can go on when trying to figure out what a rookie qb will do in the nfl.

I'd think Edge gets more opportunity - in both carries AND catches - to take some of the heat of Leinart.

I'd probably steer clear of the Cards' WRs for a few weeks to see how it works out.

I have Chad Pennington starting this weekend and his tough matchup has me thinking Leinart (I have Palmer on bye). I think Leinart is the real deal. I was blown away with him in pre-season. Yes, I know pre-season is a different animal, but he has a quick release and the game didn't seem too fast for him (something rookies always look like). He has some great skilled talent around him. Being that its a home game the fans should be fired up.

My question is really with his opponent this week. KC has some amazing defensive stats early on (they have played Denver, Cincy, and SF), especially against the pass. Therefore, I am (amazingly enough) more worried about KC's defense than Leinart flopping this weekend.

The one thing about Leinart is that he can feel pressure more than Warner. He is not fleet of foot, but compared to Warner he is a world class sprinter. The point is that he will run more. The Cardinals problem is the running game obviously and they are constantly in 3rd and long situations. Makes it ral easy for opposing defenses. Leinart also throws fade passes and jump balls way better than Warner. Can't remember the last time they threw that to Fitz in the red zone.

Warner makes them one dimensional and Leinart gives them a chance to be in 3rd and short yardage. May take a few weeks, but I believe he will make all the Cardinals better.

I think the system has the WRs going deep and on crossing routes a lot. This forces the QB to wait for them to make their breaks. No doubt, Warner has stunk at times. But he seems to be waiting for WRs to get to the spot and that's taking forever. The 3rd WR in this system gets a lot of looks, b/c he's usually on a shorter pattern, just like in STL and now in DET. If the QBs in these systems get time, it makes for great numbers for all, but that's a big if. If the QB get rattled easy or is too big of a Rosie O'Donnell to take a big shot while delivering the ball, then the sacks, ints and fumbles pile up. It remains to be seen if Leinart will have the nards to be patient and step into throws with a big ugly about to drive him into the turf. I'm no OC, but that's my $.02....

I voted that Denny Green is the first HC fired/quit after this season, and I stand by it. He just continues to under achieve with a ball club that is so talented it should be ALREADY be play off bound.

However, I feel Leinart will affect the numbers of the WRs negatively, for a few weeks anyway. He obviously does not lack swagger and confidence, and it shows like I've never seen in a QB. He looks more confident than Peyton and Brady out there. It's really amazing. And I feel that will manifest itself on the field, and the numbers will eventually increase..say around week 8 or so.

I see Edge getting many more oppurtunities. As an Edge owner, I'm very happy. Look what Shotty did with LT2 this year. He wouldn't even play him in the pre-season because he knew his (basically) rookie QB would need all the help he could get.

I would dare say Leinart is as good as Rivers RIGHT NOW, with the upside to follow very very shortly.

He'll also figure out which WR he trusts more, and that will be the goto guy. If it's Fitz, or Boldin, I look for the other one's number to decrease by about 30-40%. Since there will be less passing plays, there will be less to go around, and if he's zeroed in on Fitz, then Boldin will lose some value. Or vice versa.

Hopefully it's Fitz :D

He's a rook, they are gonna hate this year, 1-15 here we come.

Oct 8 Kansas City 4:05pm LOSE

Oct 16 Chicago 8:30pm LOSE

Oct 22 @Oakland 4:15pm LOSE

Oct 29 @Green Bay 1:00pm LOSE

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 Dallas 4:15pm LOSE

Nov 19 Detroit 4:05pm LOSE

Nov 26 @Minnesota 1:00pm LOSE

Dec 3 @St. Louis 1:00pm LOSE

Dec 10 Seattle 4:05pm LOSE

Dec 17 Denver 4:05pm LOSE

Dec 24 @San Francisco 4:05pm LOSE