[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas/OU

theeohiostate

No Sir, Have a softball tourney that morning, and Im leaving at 1:30 to get ready for the game.

Just as well, I didn't want to have to come back in here telling everyone I'd seen Sgt. Cry'n after the Sooners go down. :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see the Big 12 officials giving the game to texas late, so Ill be a happy camper Saturday afternoon.

Yes OU got screwed by the officals, but what the ou fans never talk about is that they gave up over 400 yards of offense in that game. If the ou defense had been 1/2 as good as the hype about them, then there would have been no way the officials could have stole the game from them in the last few minutes. I have been absolutly amazed at how bad the OU defense has been this year. Sorry I have not been online this week, but work is kicking my ass, and everything I have left goes to my three daugters and my wife. I am not even going to the game this year. This will be only the third year I have not been in the cottonbowl for that game, since I saw my first one live in 1978

Texas wins, it will not be close

couldnt agree more perch. Some Aggie fan the other day tried to tell me there program was on the same level of prestige as texas, oklahoma, and nebraska. I found that to be a complete joke.

They are certainly on the same level as Kansas, they played them very tight today.

OU shot thereselves in the foot all day, but i don't think they had the team to pull out a win if they'd have played flawless anyhow.

I completely disagree. These teams were so evenly matched that it was going to come down to turnovers and penalties. OU has the better offense, and Texas the better defense. Special teams were about equal. You turn it over 5 times, you wont win at any level. Several of those were self inflicted, which sucks. But you have to give Texas credit for not turning it over, and taking advanatage of the ones they got. :D

Texas proved what the rest of the country already knew. :D

By god you're an idiot. Understand that my father lives in Eugene, OR, I've got more family still in Seattle and always have a spot in my heart for teams from the NW. But that doesn't change the fact that you sir, are an idiot.

Texas looked good today, Coy is growing.

I like the Longhorn win for OSU's strength of schedule :D

OU shot thereselves in the foot all day, but i don't think they had the team to pull out a win if they'd have played flawless anyhow.

I have to disagree with this too. Obviously the game was won on turnovers and penalties...as they usually are. I do think OU had the team to win that game and honestly should have won. With the exception of the turnovers, OU seemed to be the better team. That being said, OU was outplayed and I give all credit to Texas. Texas forced most of the turnovers and they deserve credit for it.

Where OU goes from here I don't know. It might be a tough couple years for us. We really need a no-name quarterback to step up next year.

I was not impressed with McCoy. I think he'll be fighting for the starting job next year. He won't lose you any games...but he won't win any either. He seems very composed for a freshman, but I don't know what to think about his talent. Who knows, he could be another Applewhite.

Where OU goes from here I don't know. It might be a tough couple years for us. We really need a no-name quarterback to step up next year.

I was not impressed with McCoy. I think he'll be fighting for the starting job next year. He won't lose you any games...but he won't win any either. He seems very composed for a freshman, but I don't know what to think about his talent. Who knows, he could be another Applewhite.

If Peterson goes, which he should, and Kelly goes, which I think he will, then next year will be worse for OU than this year. If you look at the history of UT and OU, it seems that each team usually wins games in bunches. Ya'll one 5 in a row, and honestly I can see UT winning 5 in a row right now.

McCoy impressed me quite a bit for a Freshman. He is grown each game he plays. He really only made one mistake on Saturday, and that was taking a sack, when he could have gotten rid of the ball. I hope he is the next Applewhite, Chris Simms doesn't have a brother does he :D Charles and Melton should be a nice thunder and lightning package next year, with Charles getting about 80% of the carries. Sweed, Pittman should come back for their senior seasons, and Shipley looks to be coming on strong (remember he holds several Texas high school records for WR's), and McCoy coming back more mature, the offense looks to be much improved next year, and could be a power house. The only meaningful loss we will have on offense is Justin BlaylockI'd love for McCoy or Sneed one to turn into the next Applewhite. The Defense is set, we will loose Griffin, Ross, in the secondary, and our DE's Crowder and Robsin, but that is about it. We will be better on the interior and at LB.

Kelly is a sophomore, he isnt going anywhere.

I look at it like this, OU won 4 in a row with Q Griffin at RB. Peterson cant win a game by himself, and the Qb position is more vital than even the best Rb in the country.

OU is losing both DE, but they are Junior college transfers and that is what Stoops does on his defense, so they will hopefully improve their re-load. Bomar really put this team back 2 more years with his BS. Gerogia Freshman Qb Matthew Stafford would be a Sooner right now, if Bomar wasnt the starter, but since he had no chance to start, he moved to GA where he could play right away and has.

Next yr a top Qb will be going to Ou no question about it. Who takes over next yr is anyones guess, but with Kelly and Iglasis on the outside, and a top 3 RB in this last yrs recruiting class being redshirted right now from Las Vegas, this offense will be ok if they can get someone who wont turn the ball over, and can get it to Kelly. The defense is another story. OU recruits for speed, and the guys they keep bringing in are getting more and more undersized every year. Just watch a SEC game and the size of those lineman and LBs, and watch Texas and OU. The size difference is amazing to me what is being played in the SEC as opposed to the Big 12. Ou needs to recruit some size on defense, and needs to avoid having to blitz to get pressure on the Qb, like they did when they were winning 11 games a yr the past 5 seasons before last yr.

It's all about the trenches, and the QB position. Get an o line that can protect a QB that won't turn it over, and your offense will be money. A great defensive line can disguise a lot of flaws. Prime example was Iowa of 2004 vs Iowa of 2005. In 04, we had Matt Roth and Jonathan Babineaux terrorizing QB's left and right. Had we not had that, our incredibly BAD secondary would have gotten exposed. Fast forward one year later. Same secondary brand new D Line. No pressure up front, left Hodge and Greenway to basically play zone to help the terrible secondary, and consequently, teams like Florida, Northwestern, and Ohio State torched em. You can get away with a lot of crap on defense if you have a good d line.

They sure did. They proved that Texas would stomp Oregon. By the way, how did the ducks do this weekend?

Cal blew them out D-Bag. To clue :D you in I am a Husky fan and despise the Ducks just like they despise us. But I respect their program, their talent and their coaching staff. And I know that the only team that has beat them is another Pac-10 team. :D

Cal blew them out D-Bag. To clue :D you in I am a Husky fan and despise the Ducks just like they despise us. But I respect their program, their talent and their coaching staff. And I know that the only team that has beat them is another Pac-10 team. :D

Oh...you're a Husky fan. My apologies. That explains why you're bitter again OU. Sorry about the spanking earlier this year. I would be pissed too if I were you.

I'm not going to bite. :D I'll just continue to let you and Sarge make A$$e$ of yourselves! :D

Dude, you make us look good, as pathetic as you are. You are the Ugly Tuna of the college forum. And are probably too much of a noob to even know who he is. Ive talked to many in this forum privately on AIM, and in the college forum league BCS, and you constantly get kicked in the nuts by us. So keep diggin. The best advice I could give you would go to your local sporting goods store, buy a machete or hunting knife and cut off all of your fingers. Because its obvious you cant just leave this forum, so maybe that way it would take you so long to nub the keys, you might actually think about what you are saying before you post it.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Dude, you make us look good, as pathetic as you are. You are the Ugly Tuna of the college forum. And are probably too much of a noob to even know who he is. Ive talked to many in this forum privately on AIM, and in the college forum league BCS, and you constantly get kicked in the nuts by us. So keep diggin. The best advice I could give you would go to your local sporting goods store, buy a machete or hunting knife and cut off all of your fingers. Because its obvious you cant just leave this forum, so maybe that way it would take you so long to nub the keys, you might actually think about what you are saying before you post it.

I'll never leave this forum, MY BOY, because I love watching you embarrass your sorry A$$ with every pathetic post you write. :D

:D Down to Washington!!

Edited by theprofessor

I'll never leave this forum, MY BOY, because I love watching you embarrass your sorry A$$ with every pathetic post you write. :D

:D Down to Washington!!

Oh Im not asking you to leave. I actually love seeing your spew on a daily basis. Puts laughter in my day, while at work. Keep up the good work, tool. And washington is OU's b*tch.