[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets RB situation - is it changed?

STL Fan

I know the situation has been muddy, but with the injury has it cleared up? Will Barlow keep vulturing TD's? He's available in my 8-team local with a TD-heavy scoring system. I just don't know what the homers are hearing about who's getting the work.

Houston left Sunday's game on crutches with his knee in a brace, so expect Barlow to split carries with Washington going forward, with Barlow getting the edge in carries, and all the goal-line and short-yardage work.

i wonder if washington is going to be in manginis doghouse a bit for messing up that kickoff....it shouldnt really affect him getting touches...it was a rookie mistake...but you just never know

i picked up washington last week...dumped buckhalter for him....but im considering dumping washington if i can get a crack at chris perry this week on waivers

what the news jets fans

Barlow got lucky when Houston got hurt. Houston was about to cut into Barlow's carries big time. Rumors in NY are that Houston had a hyper extension, and is out for 2-4 weeks, but that was reported by a writer who siad his source didn't want to be identified. Hopefully, that's true for Jets fans. Houston is a better ball carrier than Barlow.

As far as Washington being in the dog house, I seriously doubt that. He has shown flashes of possibly being the best offensive weapon the Jets may have. I can see a 60-40 split in touches in Barlow's favor, and I don't think Blaylock will get much playing time. Barlow will the the goal line RB for sure, at least until Houston returns, but when that will be and how involved Houston will be in the offense then remains to be seen. He made some really tough yards after the first hit against the Colts. He gets that extra one or two yards before going down. Tough break for the kid, I think he was going to win the starting RB job.

After Houston got hurt, Washington got all but 1 carry (that carry was Barlows TD incidentally). It will be RBBC and in a PPR league Washington could be very useful. Will probably get very few touchdowns, but he could average 50-60 yards rushing and 5,6 catches a week.

i drafted Houston very late thinking he could take the job after a few games....and just as its looking like he'll do that he goes down.

the Jets are hurtin' if their counting on Barlow to carry the load. they need Washington to step up now.