[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cadillac Williams

ced1001

What are people thinking for Caddie's value for the remainder of the year?

Obviously there are a lot of factors going against him. A new rookie QB and back issues to name a few. However, from what I'm hearing, this guy Gradkowski (spl) might not be so bad (can it get worse than Simms YTD?)

Also - after looking at his schedule YTD I see a few trends: First - he's had a tough schedule: (Bal, Atl, Car three of the best rushing Ds in the league). His schedule softens up a bit after the bye. Second - He hasn't had many carries (8, 15, 19).

The other factor I'd consider is the Tamp O-Line. Is it that bad or is it that the defenses have been that good?

Any thoughts? I might have the opportunity to buy low on him. Thanks.

I have him and am hoping he puts up some good nos. this week against the Saints. I'm going to stay with him and hope he turns it around. He's got some better matchups with the Saints (#19 run D) and Bengals (#26 run D) coming up in the next two weeks. The OLine was banged up going in to the season and the latest Bucs report says that starting OG Davin Joseph is close to returning after missing the first 3 weeks. Plus, you'll want to buy low and sell high, and Cadillac won't get you good value at the moment.

Looking at Gradkowski's stats from the preseason, he had the most passing yards and TDs among the Bucs QBs. Of course, that's not saying a heckuva lot, but he certainly couldn't do much worse than the offense that produced the 0-3 start.

What are people thinking for Caddie's value for the remainder of the year?

Obviously there are a lot of factors going against him. A new rookie QB and back issues to name a few. However, from what I'm hearing, this guy Gradkowski (spl) might not be so bad (can it get worse than Simms YTD?)

Also - after looking at his schedule YTD I see a few trends: First - he's had a tough schedule: (Bal, Atl, Car three of the best rushing Ds in the league). His schedule softens up a bit after the bye. Second - He hasn't had many carries (8, 15, 19).

The other factor I'd consider is the Tamp O-Line. Is it that bad or is it that the defenses have been that good?

Any thoughts? I might have the opportunity to buy low on him. Thanks.

Ok, first off....it's CADDY. Yes he has a new quarterback and I have no clue how good or bad he will be. It's tough to tell with a rookie. Yes it can get worse than Simms when you have an offense as complex as Gruden's. Yes, his schedule does get better and he gets the #1 draft pick back from injury to help him clear a hole. I like how you brought up the carries, many people fail to look at that. I think he will turn it around and be a solid back. If you can get a good deal for him then I would go for it.

QB problems, OL doesn't look good, horrible schedule and his back has been at least a slight problem...

OK can we please stop the Caddy has a bad back rumor???? Read what he said last week:

"There has been speculation about the condition of running back Cadillac Williams, but Williams reiterated Wednesday that he is healthy and his back is not a problem.

"I've been hearing a lot of talk," Williams said. "(Trainer Todd Toriscelli) came to me and said (people) are speculating that my back is really jacked up. Like I told Todd, I don't even go to treatment anymore for my back. I don't know where (people) get off saying my back is really messed up. The yards are not there, but I go out there and carry the ball 19 times (against Carolina). I'm practicing. I don't understand."

Link

Leave it alone people :D

Guest Cherni

I have him and am hoping he puts up some good nos. this week against the Saints. I'm going to stay with him and hope he turns it around. He's got some better matchups with the Saints (#19 run D) and Bengals (#26 run D) coming up in the next two weeks. The OLine was banged up going in to the season and the latest Bucs report says that starting OG Davin Joseph is close to returning after missing the first 3 weeks. Plus, you'll want to buy low and sell high, and Cadillac won't get you good value at the moment.

Looking at Gradkowski's stats from the preseason, he had the most passing yards and TDs among the Bucs QBs. Of course, that's not saying a heckuva lot, but he certainly couldn't do much worse than the offense that produced the 0-3 start.

I just traded Caddy away b/c I don't believe that TB will be very competitive on the field. Between their O-Line and a rookie QB they're going to be playing from behind a lot. That doesn't give me confidence that Caddy will be getting enough carries to be a viable fantasy player. They're playing the Bengals in 2 weeks and while they're not great against the run, the game should be pretty lopsided and Simms will be airing it out a lot to try and stay in the game. They're not going to run Caddy with his 2.5 yards per carry (42 carries) to get back in a game. I really believe that while selling low is not the best idea in theory, his value could potentially be lower in a few weeks.

I think that he has become wussified because some people insist on calling him Caddy or Caddie.

I'm not expecting much from him, but you're not going to get anything for him in a trade, so you're stuck.

First - he's had a tough schedule: (Bal, Atl, Car three of the best rushing Ds in the league).

What makes you think CAR is a tough run D? They rank 20th or lower in every important rush D category.

Williams is a guy who would be ideally suited to be a CoP RB. But he doesn't have the ability to absorb a large workload, as we saw last year and now are seeing this year - yet he has a HC who wants nothing more than to increase his touches.

Couple that with a team that has virtually no passing threat with Simms, and now will have a rookie who most probably hasn't gotten many reps since preseason, and you are looking at a RB who may be one of the, if not the, biggest bust as a FF RB (we'll see how Alexander's injured foot goes). Get what you can for him now, because I can easily see his value decreasing in the next few weeks.

I have him in a keeper league, but I can't see playing him until I see some results with the new QB. Luckily, Addai and McCallister are doing OK or else I would be totally in the crapper. I'll keep him around only because its a keeper league, otherwise I'd be trying to deal him for most anything.

Guest Cherni

I think that he has become wussified because some people insist on calling him Caddy or Caddie.

I'm not expecting much from him, but you're not going to get anything for him in a trade, so you're stuck.

I just traded Caddy/Boldin ---- T. Bell/Horn.

So, Caddy is a free agent in our league. Should I pick him up and drop Fragile Fred Taylor for my #3 rb?

:D 1 pt/carry 1 pt/10 yds

I'd drop a kicker or one of those D's (if it's the team in your sig line) before dropping Taylor just yet.

Seroiusly though - Caddy's on the wire??? What kinda league is this?

I'd drop a kicker or one of those D's (if it's the team in your sig line) before dropping Taylor just yet.

Seroiusly though - Caddy's on the wire??? What kinda league is this?

It's a limited roster league. We are limited by min/max roster positions. we play 2 rb's but must only carry 3, play 1 D but carry 2, play 3 wr's carry 4. play 1 qb carry 2, play 1 K carry 2. It makes owners think about their rosters week to week rather than picking guys up to pad a certain position.

I think its time to park the Caddy in the garage. He has not been running on all pistons and if you have better transportation options I think its wise to use them.

:D

The Bus just retired, and the Mack Truck's playing days are way past gone. Maybe Dump Truck Davenport in PHI?