[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to make a move for a QB

reakhiphop

Well, I've officially lost Kurt Warner. Right now my team sits at 3-1, but I don't think Alex Smith will be the replacement I'm looking for. I was hoping you guys could take a look of my team and see where I can afford to trade players away (excess) to make a move for a top 10 QB. One of the teams that wants to talk has Brees and Peyton. My initial thought was to trade Thomas Jones for Drew Brees, but that would kill my RB depth. Let me know your thoughts.

My team:

QB- Warner, Alex Smith

RB- Lamont Jordan, Kevin Jones

Bench RB- T. Jones, M. Jones-Drew, M. Moore

WR- Driver, D. Mason, A. Bryant

Bench WR- Burleson, Williamson

DEF- Philly

K- Reed and Gould

Any QB's I should make a play for?

Looks like it might be a deep league with that roster on a 3-1 team. You really don't have much wiggle room unless the Fred Taylor owner is nervous.

I would not recommend trading T. Jones for Brees as you cannot count on Jordan.

I too wonder who might be available on the wire. You may want to ham and egg it at QB as FAs get decent matchups. Alex Smith should get you through this week against the Raiders.

Johnson has a superbowl ring unlike that ute smith. I agree jones is too valuable given the way the raiders are playing and you can't count on Jordan. Pick up Johnson and then be patient. Throw out some inquiries to owners to let them know your looking for a trade. See what they offer.