[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Karlos Dansby

In the 2006 IDP player rankings, it states that Dansby will be the MLB this year. It also has him rated as the 24th best LB during preseason fantasy drafts. At this time he's rated as the backup OLB. I know he's injured, and I'm not trying to be critical. I'm just looking to see if there's opportunity here.

In the 2006 IDP player rankings, it states that Dansby will be the MLB this year. It also has him rated as the 24th best LB during preseason fantasy drafts. At this time he's rated as the backup OLB. I know he's injured, and I'm not trying to be critical. I'm just looking to see if there's opportunity here.

He is deep in Denny Green's doghouse ... but Orlando Huff blows so bad that it is just a matter of time before he takes over ...

Lol at the timing of this...

Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby had nine tackles and two sacks in Week 5 vs. Kansas City.

(Updated 10/08/2006).

Dansby, who has been bothered by a toe injury, finally had a game worth writing home about. The Cardinals are going to need him to play well if they intend to compete for a postseason berth. Keep an eye on how Dansby plays in the coming weeks before making him a part of your Fantasy Football roster in IDP leagues.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record....I own Dansby in a couple dynasty leagues...he's a very good player.

However.....it's far more than a toe injury he is fighting. It's become a heavy duty nerve damage issue. He says he's in excruciating pain even just to walk. I'm sure the "doghouse" is from Denny wanting him to just play through the pain. But Karlos seems to think it was bad enough at one time to be career threatening.

So...he's making progress slowly. He's a competitor. Hopefully he can get back where he was last year at some point and build on that.

For what it's worth....most of the preseason rankings were before anyone knew the extent of his injury. True...he was out of some training camp and preseason work....but he had surgery on a thumb he injured in camp. I don't think many were aware of the toe/foot.