[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new belgium seasonal brews

Azazello1313

a lot of times it seems like i'm not a huge fan of colorado's own new belgium brewery, because they've made a business model out of taking classic belgian beer styles and sort of watering them down for mass consumption. but fat tire has always been a great beer to have around for any occasion, and a couple of their other beers (like the trippel, and the 1554 dark ale) are staples i go back to pretty often. so while they're not exactly "true to the heritage" in the way a true beer snob can really appreciate, they put out some very drinkable beer.

but lately i've become a huge fan of this brewery because of the "seasonal" beers they've been putting out. this spring they put out a "bier de mars" which i really enjoyed. then this summer they had "skinny dip", which was a light ale with a nice little hop bite, and a really great backyard BBQ kinda beer. then last week, i saw that they released a "sasion" for the fall and picked up a 12-pack and i think i like this one best of all. very intricate for a new belgium brew, but still just great for throwing a few back during, oh, say an online hockey draft :D. new belgium at their best :D

Isn't Blue Moon in or around that area also? Love their Belgian White.

Liked New Belgiam's Skinny Dip. Will definately try out the fall batch seasonal :D

i think blue moon is made by coors. and of course, coors is in colorado. blue moon is alright i guess. speaking of belgian whites, i can't remember new belgium trying their hand at one of those....maybe they'll give it a go next summer.

i think blue moon is made by coors. and of course, coors is in colorado. blue moon is alright i guess. speaking of belgian whites, i can't remember new belgium trying their hand at one of those....maybe they'll give it a go next summer.

No sheet? Oh The Hughmanity of it all. I feel sort of violated for some reason now. Then again if they made their signature beer as well as the blue moon I might drink "la bala de plata" more often :D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a six pack of 2 below ale last night. It's not a bad beer. It has a wonderful dry hopped bouquet but with most New Belgium beers it lacks in taste. Tthey always seem like they are one step away from making a phenomenal beer.

Agreed, I think that Coopersmiths is better beer as far as Fort Collins brews go. Doesn't New Belgium have a blue paddle pilsner? I always thought that was decent for summer time guzzling, but I'm a sucker for any light crisp (or heavy) beer with a hop bite. I was going to try the Saison per Az's recommendation but I only saw it in a 12-pack at the neighborhood grocer. Plus with all the Octoberfests and Sierra Nevada's Celebration, Deschutes Jubeale, and Windermere's Snow Plow (to name a few) it may have to wait. Now that I'm living in beer snob central New Belgium doesn't seem like a top option (plus I never really cared for Fat Tire that much).

I have America's smallest brewery down the street from me and I think Boundary Bay from Bellingham is one of the best breweries in the state, but of course they don't bottle.

• 3 years later...