[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

alexgaddis

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to comment in the other Moss thread but i figured this deserved it's own...

with the way Randy's carreer has turned south the past few years do you still think he belongs in the Hall Of Fame?

I say no, what say you?

Who ever thought he belonged in the first place.

He's still got the numbers, but now they aren't as eye-popping over his career as they once were. With his image issues, that may be enough to keep him out. Salisbury really nailed Moss as far as his contributions when the play isn't called for him, and that's going to linger in a lot of voters' minds.

Give him another 3-4 years & see if he can't get his act together. So far, it isn't looking too good though.

Edited to add: As much as I dislike Moss for his personality, his numbers in his first 6 years superceded even Rice's numbers in his first 6 years. Rice is considered by more than a few to not only be the best WR ever to play, but the best football player to have ever played the game. To deny that Moss was looking like a drop-dead lock for the HoF after his first 6 years despite his warts is nothing short of a foolhardy position to take.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Who ever thought he belonged in the first place.

So, does that mean T.O. and his gaudy numbers won't get in either?

Moss is only 29 and already has over 10,000 receiving yards and 99 TDs... and he's clearly one of the elite receivers of his era. That's going to be difficult to ignore. He'll have better numbers than T.O. by the time that he retires and, despite his attitude problems, he's not the cancer/disgrace that T.O. is. If he can play at a relatively high level for another four years, he'll have at least 13,000 yds and 120 TDs. That'll get him in.

My first reaction was no way but after taking a moment and doing some research the OP has more merit than I first gave it.

Until 2004 his numbers were comparable to existing HOF receivers and future ones such as Rice. 2005 wasn't great but he did break 1k receiving and 8 td's.

Like others have posted it's the public perception of his lack of effort on certain plays and certain situations that will probably keep him out. I personally wouldn't vote for him but it would be understandable if his name did end up on the ballot sometime down the road.

If Andre Reed isnt in the hall, Moss wont be. :D

Reed was overshadowed by Rice, Carter, and Tim Brown. The only people who have a realistic chance of overshadowing Moss will be Harrison and Holt. As unfair as it sounds, there's a chance that Moss will make it with Reid getting shut out.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Reed was overshadowed by Rice, Carter, and Tim Brown. The only people who have a realistic chance of overshadowing Moss will be Harrison and Holt. As unfair as it sounds, there's a chance that Moss will make it with Reid getting shut out.

I just dont think Moss will get in because he hasnt done much of anything the past what, 2 or 3 years? HoFers usually have a productive career, not just the first half of it. Moss is still young, and will likely play at LEAST another 3-5 years. These past few and the remaining bunch will determine his HoF status IMO.

If he retired now, no, I dont think he gets in.

I just dont think Moss will get in because he hasnt done much of anything the past what, 2 or 3 years? HoFers usually have a productive career, not just the first half of it. Moss is still young, and will likely play at LEAST another 3-5 years. These past few and the remaining bunch will determine his HoF status IMO.

If he retired now, no, I dont think he gets in.

I agree completely. But since he's only 29 and the Raiders will most likely deal him, I don't think that he's done putting up big numbers yet.

I have a low opinion of Moss after experiencing the joy he brought us for a few years up here. Nothing like his spectacular catches and great games, to be sure. But I do not see him rekindling his career to any level approaching the good times, I just don't think he has the fire, nor the physical health to sustain a dramatic return to form. I don't think he has the need for public attention along the lines of Owens, Keyshawn, C. Johnson, etc., and that is a reason I think he will continue downwards. I agree he should be expected to do better than he is now, but I think the big numbers are gone. And I don't think he's done enough yet, despite the mind-boggling early numbers.

So, does that mean T.O. and his gaudy numbers won't get in either?

he's not the cancer/disgrace that T.O. is.

:D:D

He ran over a cop, drug violations, of the top off my head...

I agree completely. But since he's only 29 and the Raiders will most likely deal him, I don't think that he's done putting up big numbers yet.

But what team wants him? Does he have talent? Absolutely. But who wants a guy that talks the way he does about his teamS, and doesnt give 100% when things arent going right?

I cant think of one team that would want him, although Im not thinking real hard. After all the WRs bickering the last few years, and seeing the talent that can come out as late as the 6th or 7th round (Colston), I dont think anyone would be willing to shell out a 1st round pick, and a HUGE salary for Moss when they can get his production elsewhere.

:D:D

He ran over a cop, drug violations, of the top off my head...

People on the HOF committee will forgive those offenses more easily than throwing two QBs under the bus and destroying a team mid-season.

But what team wants him? Does he have talent? Absolutely. But who wants a guy that talks the way he does about his teamS, and doesnt give 100% when things arent going right?

I cant think of one team that would want him, although Im not thinking real hard. After all the WRs bickering the last few years, and seeing the talent that can come out as late as the 6th or 7th round (Colston), I dont think anyone would be willing to shell out a 1st round pick, and a HUGE salary for Moss when they can get his production elsewhere.

He's still in his prime and down-and-out teams are always looking for marquee names to sell tickets and spamshirts. Trust me, he'll find a home.

• 1 year later...
Still? Still? Still would require me to once have thought that he did. There are three ways i would vote for him (if i ever had a vote) for the HOF, No way, No Freaking way, and No Freaking way in Hell.

Hope that clears that up. Continue. :D

:wacko::D

:wacko::D

I still feel the same way. You can't erase years of playing the game the wrong way with one epic year. A HOFer doesn't say 'I play when I wanna play'. Even if you think it, or even if it's true, A HOFer doesn't say it.

He'll get it at some point. But if Art Monk can retire as the All-Time leader in catches, and then have it take, what, 10 years, then I wouldn't be counting the days until Moss gets in.