[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

alexgaddis

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel the same way. You can't erase years of playing the game the wrong way with one epic year. A HOFer doesn't say 'I play when I wanna play'. Even if you think it, or even if it's true, A HOFer doesn't say it.

He'll get it at some point. But if Art Monk can retire as the All-Time leader in catches, and then have it take, what, 10 years, then I wouldn't be counting the days until Moss gets in.

Are you kidding me?

Michael Irvin is in the Hall of Fame. :wacko:

I still feel the same way.

Still? Still? Still would require me to once have thought that he did. There are three ways i would vote for him (if i ever had a vote) for the HOF, No way, No Freaking way, and No Freaking way in Hell.

You can't erase years of playing the game the wrong way with one epic year. A HOFer doesn't say 'I play when I wanna play'. Even if you think it, or even if it's true, A HOFer doesn't say it.

He'll get it at some point. But if Art Monk can retire as the All-Time leader in catches, and then have it take, what, 10 years, then I wouldn't be counting the days until Moss gets in.

No - it seems you've changed your mind, homah. :wacko:

All we need to look at is the numbers that Moss has put up. He's one of the most prolific and dominating players at his position over the past few decades. Like him and his attitude or not, but as long as he doesn't go into hiding, he'll be in the hall of fame. I think he'll end up a first ballot, and no worse than a second ballot HOF'er.

No - it seems you've changed your mind, homah. :D

Nope. I don't think he belongs, but understand that he will get in. :wacko: Didn't think it was confusing.

I also don't think Michael Irvin, or Troy Aikman :ducksdallasfanspunches: for that matter, belong in the HOF. It's an individual accomplishment and winning a Super Bowl is a team accomplishment. It should takes lots more than winning a few rings to get you in, imho.

Nope. I don't think he belongs, but understand that he will get in. :wacko: Didn't think it was confusing.

I also don't think Michael Irvin, or Troy Aikman :ducksdallasfanspunches: for that matter, belong in the HOF. It's an individual accomplishment and winning a Super Bowl is a team accomplishment. It should takes lots more than winning a few rings to get you in, imho.

By the time Moss is done he will be second to only Jerry Rice in regards to all time receivers. I'm not a fan of his, I was tormented by him for years when he was with the Vikings, but the guy has talent thats on another level. I really don't want to get off target here, but I think he's much better all time that Terrell Owens, and I have no doubt he'll be in Canton. He deserves it as well.

As far as Troy Aikman goes, I'm not at all a fan, but the guy is rightfully in the Hall. He doesn't have big numbers, but he didn't make many mistakes and made plays when he had to. I do believe he could have put up much bigger numbers if not for the system that he played in. I think you can get by with decent numbers if you're a proven winner and can put the game on your shoulders if need be, although if you're going to do that you must have multiple rings, which he has.

As far as Irvin goes, I can't stand him for what he does on local radio on a daily basis. Because of that, I have nothing good to say about him.

So, does that mean T.O. and his gaudy numbers won't get in either?

Moss is only 29 and already has over 10,000 receiving yards and 99 TDs... and he's clearly one of the elite receivers of his era. That's going to be difficult to ignore. He'll have better numbers than T.O. by the time that he retires and, despite his attitude problems, he's not the cancer/disgrace that T.O. is. If he can play at a relatively high level for another four years, he'll have at least 13,000 yds and 120 TDs. That'll get him in.

Unless he starts betting on games. He is a lock for the HOF period. Those numbers are just to hard to ignore. He may have being crazy at times. But he is sick with talent. And for some reason WR's tend to get better with age. Unless injury hits.

You can't erase years of playing the game the wrong way with one epic year.

Just to clarify, which one is the epic year?

1998 - 1300 yards, 17 TD's (as a rookie)

2000 - 1400 yards, 15 TD's

2003 - 1600 yards, 17 TD's

2007 - 1500 yards, 23 TD's

Love him or hate him, I think the dude's getting in.

since character issues and criminal activity (Irvin) no longer matter I say he is a lock.

He probably is a lock - but just because they made a mistake in letting somebody like Irvin in, does not make it right to let other dirtbags in.

Dirtbag might be a little hard regarding Moss - but I do not see him as a character guy.

Character should be no. 1 when honoring somebody - especially when its not all about the numbers.

He probably is a lock - but just because they made a mistake in letting somebody like Irvin in, does not make it right to let other dirtbags in.

Dirtbag might be a little hard regarding Moss - but I do not see him as a character guy.

Character should be no. 1 when honoring somebody - especially when its not all about the numbers.

When Lawrence Taylor was up for the Hall, it was emphasized to the voters: ONLY CONSIDER WHAT THE PLAYER HAS DONE ON THE FIELD.

The Baseball HOF takes character into account. The NFL HOF does not.

When Lawrence Taylor was up for the Hall, it was emphasized to the voters: ONLY CONSIDER WHAT THE PLAYER HAS DONE ON THE FIELD.

The Baseball HOF takes character into account. The NFL HOF does not.

As I said... I do believe he will be first ballot...

but it doesn't change the fact that they should count character.

I believe the question was 'still think he belongs in the HOF'

Not yet.

anybody know if this guy does anything for the community other than PR as set up by the NFL and his agent?

Since Lawrence Taylor got in and Pete Rose didn't.

What rules did LT break that were under the NFL Rules Book? You are arguing 2 completely different things here. Do you know what a c#ck Ty Cobb was? Didn't stop him from getting in.

http://sports.jrank.org/pages/4773/Taylor-...oking-Help.html

Lawrence Taylor's off-the-field problems stirred up controversy when he was nominated for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999. The Washington Post that year reported that some of the thirty-six media members who voted for the Hall of Fame were prepared "to bypass Taylor because of his legal troubles that include drug-related arrests and income tax problems." Taylor didn't help the situation by refusing to apologize about his past. But the guidelines for entrance into the Hall asked voters to consider only on-the-field accomplishments. Taylor was voted in.

http://media.cnnsi.com/football/nfl/news/1...loffame_voting/

Taylor's candidacy was a topic of controversy throughout Super Bowl week. He was suspended once and arrested twice on drug charges, was found guilty of filing false income tax returns and was questioned by a grand jury investigating organized crime. All of those things weighed against him in minds of some of the 36 writers on the voting panel, even though, unlike baseball, there are no "good citizenship" requirements in the bylaws of football's hall. It prompted a longer-than-usual debate by the voters.

I guess Ty Cobb got in before these criterion were taken into consideration.

Edited by SheikYerbuti