[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What active players will make the HoF?

peepinmofo

Favre

Tomlinson

Harisson

Gonzalez

Strahan

Ray Ray

to name a few of the top of my head...

Agreed. I'll add Manning, Brady, Curtis Martin (he's still technically playing, no?), and Holt to that list. Alexander has a good shot as well.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I was thinking about this last night while thinking about ARI.

I'd bet that Kurt Warner is going to be the only NFL'er in the history of the league to win two MVP trophies, own a SB ring and have won a SB MVP to not make the HOF.

Others who'll definately get in:

Junior Seau

Willie Roaf

Shaun Alexander

Torry Holt - Seems like he could have a chance to be the all-time leader for receiving yards with how well he did so early.

1999 - 788 yds

2000 - 1,635 yds

2001 - 1,363 yds

2002 - 1,302 yds

2003 - 1,696 yds

2004 - 1,372 yds

2005 - 1,331 yds

2006 - 332 yds (4 games)

Total - 9,819 yds (in 8th year)

Jerry Rice - 22,895 yds (21 years)

Edited by Primetime9287

I was thinking about this last night while thinking about ARI.

I'd bet that Kurt Warner is going to be the only NFL'er in the history of the league to win two MVP trophies, own a SB ring and have won a SB MVP to not make the HOF.

The Roger Maris of the NFL, perhaps?

a few denver broncos with a shot...

tom nalen

champ bailey

rod smith

most people are familiar with the merits of champ and rod. nalen may not seem like an obvious name, but think about it. 5 pro bowls, 2 rings, and the anchor of one of the great o-lines over a prolonged period in football history.

rod smith

I think when all is said and done, Rod Smith's numbers will be eclipsed by a slew of lesser WRs and damage his credentials (not saying I don't think he's worthy, just that I think he isn't anywhere NEAR a slam-dunk).

As for Nalen, I think Zimmerman has to get in first.

Edited by Chavez

I think when all is said and done, Rod Smith's numbers will be eclipsed by a slew of lesser WRs and damage his credentials (not saying I don't think he's worthy, just that I think he isn't anywhere NEAR a slam-dunk).

i don't think he's a slam dunk either. but of course, i'm pulling for him big-time. he probably needs to get into the top 10 in receptions and yards. but ya know, like jimmy smith, he was 27, 28 years old before he started putting up numbers. that's how it is when you start undrafted, then practice sqaud, then the bench.

As for Nalen, I think Zimmerman has to get in first.

i definitely think zimmerman is deserving. one of the most dominating left tackles to ever play the game. but i don't see how his getting in or not has any bearing on nalen. they play different positions, their tenure with the broncos only overlaps a few years, zim only has the one ring to nalen's two. i think they should both be in, but don't see one being dependent on the other.

As for my list of players who should get serious consideration - based on what team the players were with in '05:

Ray Lewis

Jonathon Ogden

Hines Ward (not a lock, has a good shot)

P Manning

Harrison

Edge - :D probably

McNair

Richard Seymour needs another year or two at current production

Brady

Seau

Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas seem like they need a little more, but maybe that's just me

Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, and Troy Vincent all seem like they are just a bit short

Tony Gonzalez

Will Shields

Ladanian Tomlinson

I'd love to see Lorenzo Neal make it but that ain't happenin'

Randy Moss

Warren Sapp

Torry Holt

Isaac Bruce

Orlando Pace

Walter Jones

Shaun Alexander needs another year or two of top 10 production

McNabb is almost there

Brian Dawkins

Larry Allen

La'Roi Glover has a pretty good shot

Roy Williams is on his way

Bledsoe just doesn't do it for me

Strahan

Tiki has an outside shot

Darren Sharper should end up high on the int list

Matt Birk

Olin Kreutz

Ruben Brown

Urlacher needs a couple more years, but is on his way

Aforementioned Nalen, R Smith, Lynch, Harrison, Ty Law, D Brooks

Torry Holt - Seems like he could have a chance to be the all-time leader for receiving yards with how well he did so early.

1999 - 788 yds

2000 - 1,635 yds

2001 - 1,363 yds

2002 - 1,302 yds

2003 - 1,696 yds

2004 - 1,372 yds

2005 - 1,331 yds

2006 - 332 yds (4 games)

Total - 9,819 yds (in 8th year)

Jerry Rice - 22,895 yds (21 years)

Do you really beleive that Holt will play 13 more years and put up strong numbers each year? Rice's records are safe.

Do you really beleive that Holt will play 13 more years and put up strong numbers each year? Rice's records are safe.

Holt has managed to stay healthy for about 95% of his career...if not better...he conditions well and knows the field like the back of his hand...

he'll continue this pace for another 5 years...after that, it's unclear how long he'll hold up..