[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What active players will make the HoF?

peepinmofo

I'll just go Steelers:

Bill Cowher - not a player, but, last year will get him in.

Hines Ward - needs to finish his career strong. Character may help get him in.

Alan Faneca - still early, but, he is heading in that direction.

Joey Porter - probably a reach, but, has great career numbers.

Future possibilities (way too early, but, off to good starts):

Troy Polamalu

Ben Roethlisberger

Do you really beleive that Holt will play 13 more years and put up strong numbers each year? Rice's records are safe.

Well when he is finished with his 8th year, he will more than likely be very close to 11,000 yards. Then if he were to play as long as Rice did he would need to average 950 yards from year 9-21. Now since I think he will average way more than 950 yards the next 5-6 years for sure and possibly longer, and I dont thin he will play 20+ years so I can see it being very close.

Well when he is finished with his 8th year, he will more than likely be very close to 11,000 yards. Then if he were to play as long as Rice did he would need to average 950 yards from year 9-21. Now since I think he will average way more than 950 yards the next 5-6 years for sure and possibly longer, and I dont thin he will play 20+ years so I can see it being very close.

Also note that Holt is a master at avoiding contact, sometimes to the detriment of a first down. That in itself will add a few years to his career.

I'll just go Steelers:

Bill Cowher - not a player, but, last year will get him in.

Possibly, but he's not a lock. A stretch, IMO.

Hines Ward - needs to finish his career strong. Character may help get him in.

No way.

Alan Faneca - still early, but, he is heading in that direction.

Joey Porter - probably a reach, but, has great career numbers.

Faneca might have a shot, but I don't see Porter getting in. There are a lot of good-but-not-great LBs in the league who are going ot get passed over.

Future possibilities (way too early, but, off to good starts):

Troy Polamalu

Ben Roethlisberger

Roethlisberger is going to need two more SB rings and is going to have to play well in them to get in. Like Aikman, his career numbers are probably not going to get him in.

Polamalu is off to a great start. He probably has the best chance of everyone you brought up.

Ok, just Trojans then:

'Probable'

Seau

McGinest

'Maybe' (starting off well):

Polamalu

Palmer

'Most Hyped'

Bush - currently being outplayed for ROY honors (among RBs) by both Maroney and the midget from UCLA, Drew-Jones...dammit....

Homer pick:

Portis

If he maintains his pace over an average career length he could go down as one of the greatest backs of all time.

I was going to say Portis too. He just broke the 6,000 yard mark and he just turned 25. He is 3rd all time in yards per game behind Jim Brown and B. Sanders I believe. If he keeps up this pace at almost 1500 yds. per year he could have 15,000 at age 30!

i don't think he's a slam dunk either. but of course, i'm pulling for him big-time. he probably needs to get into the top 10 in receptions and yards. but ya know, like jimmy smith, he was 27, 28 years old before he started putting up numbers. that's how it is when you start undrafted, then practice sqaud, then the bench.

i definitely think zimmerman is deserving. one of the most dominating left tackles to ever play the game. but i don't see how his getting in or not has any bearing on nalen. they play different positions, their tenure with the broncos only overlaps a few years, zim only has the one ring to nalen's two. i think they should both be in, but don't see one being dependent on the other.

I think he is a SLAM DUNK! To post the kind of numbers he did, after going undrafted... The perfect story for a HOF'er. And he has Championship(s) to back it up!

'Most Hyped'

Bush - currently being outplayed for ROY honors (among RBs) by both Maroney and the midget from UCLA, Drew-Jones...dammit....

Drew Jones outplaying Bush? I don't know about that. Maroney, Jennings, and Colston are the top 3 in my book for OROY with Sims leading the way on the defensive side.