[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Givens OUT!

spain

Local sports in Nashville reported tonight that WR David Givens will not play on Sunday because of an injury he received last week against the Cowboys. I have no link yet or confirmation but will post whats in the local rag about it tomorrow.

true Dat!

Looks like Scaife and Troupe are the only Titans worth consideration of starting.

I haven't been following the Titans much due to their extreme sucking (sorry spain) and the fact I have none on my team (well, regular starters that is).

Anyways, sorry if this is a dumb query, but are BOTH TEs viable starters with Young at the helm? I know Scaife had a nice game (or 2) but I'm quite sure that was with Collins getting 90% of the snaps. I would think that only ONE of the TEs would be of any value (a la Mike Vick & Alge Crumpler).

Plus, you don't think Bennett has any value? With Collins, he was a viable #3 WR or #2 WR in larger leagues. Remains to be seen what he does with Young.

Thursday, 10/05/06

Givens to miss game with injured thumb

Titans wide receiver David Givens will miss Sunday's game against the Colts because of a left thumb injury.

Givens suffered the injury Sunday against the Cowboys, but Coach Jeff Fisher did not mention the receiver while listing injured players during his Monday news conference.

The injury was thought to be a bruise, but Givens got a second opinion Wednesday. Tests revealed more damage, but did not show a fracture.

It's unclear when Givens will return to the lineup. After Sunday's game against the Colts, the Titans visit the Redskins, then have a bye week.

Considered a key free-agent acquisition when the Titans signed him in March, Givens has eight catches for 104 yards through four games.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../610050395/1027

Thursday, 10/05/06

Givens to miss game with injured thumb

Titans wide receiver David Givens will miss Sunday's game against the Colts because of a left thumb injury.

Givens suffered the injury Sunday against the Cowboys, but Coach Jeff Fisher did not mention the receiver while listing injured players during his Monday news conference.

The injury was thought to be a bruise, but Givens got a second opinion Wednesday. Tests revealed more damage, but did not show a fracture.

It's unclear when Givens will return to the lineup. After Sunday's game against the Colts, the Titans visit the Redskins, then have a bye week.

Considered a key free-agent acquisition when the Titans signed him in March, Givens has eight catches for 104 yards through four games.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../610050395/1027

What a wuss, he's got a hurt thumb? no fracture? :D

Meanwhile TO plays with a broken hand. :D

I haven't been following the Titans much due to their extreme sucking (sorry spain) and the fact I have none on my team (well, regular starters that is).

Anyways, sorry if this is a dumb query, but are BOTH TEs viable starters with Young at the helm? I know Scaife had a nice game (or 2) but I'm quite sure that was with Collins getting 90% of the snaps. I would think that only ONE of the TEs would be of any value (a la Mike Vick & Alge Crumpler).

Plus, you don't think Bennett has any value? With Collins, he was a viable #3 WR or #2 WR in larger leagues. Remains to be seen what he does with Young.

Both TEs are viable mid-low end starters imo.

i may get flamed for putting them in the mid category but TE stats are way down this year. Yes Young is a rookie but no other team looks to the TE position more. it's all about opportunity with Scaife and Troupe. both should get a share of about 12-16 looks.

Both Troupe and Scaife have equal value imo with a slight edge to Troupe. If Troupe's drops continue (he looked miserable in the first few games with Collins), I'd go with Scaife. Troupe looked pretty good in this last game vs. the 'Boys, the first game with Vince as the starter.