[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Saban learning

theeohiostate

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For God's sake get off Culpepper's back everyone, he's working himself back into football. Look at his past 2 games and he is getting better, and better yet no turnovers which has always been his trademark. How bout everyone give Daunte a few more weeks than 4 after coming back from major knee surgery?

Yea I know, everyone will say last season in minnesota bla bla bla, that was the past, different offense, new team. Tons of players have flukey bad years, go back to Drew Brees.

The O-line sucks, Ronnie Brown can't run because of the line, Chambers was hurt, Culpepper is still healing and the defense isn't dominate like it was. I mean give him a chance, atleast more than 4 weeks, geez.

For God's sake get off Culpepper's back everyone, he's working himself back into football. Look at his past 2 games and he is getting better, and better yet no turnovers which has always been his trademark. How bout everyone give Daunte a few more weeks than 4 after coming back from major knee surgery?

Yea I know, everyone will say last season in minnesota bla bla bla, that was the past, different offense, new team. Tons of players have flukey bad years, go back to Drew Brees.

The O-line sucks, Ronnie Brown can't run because of the line, Chambers was hurt, Culpepper is still healing and the defense isn't dominate like it was. I mean give him a chance, atleast more than 4 weeks, geez.

for the Real NFL yeah but for fantasy purposes, the Season's a third over. We can't wait.

Edited by loaf

The worst thing for Culpepper right now is Murlarkey, crappy HC, crappy OC. Linehan used the same offense Culpepper did with vertical passing but he left.

Still you would think they would say "Let's keep the offense Culpepper knows (because I know he is a little slow and in Minnesota they used to just make him read half the field), nahh let's bring in Murlakey and get a new gameplan."

for the Real NFL yeah but for fantasy purposes, the Season's a third over. We can't wait.

That's what I'm talking bout, NFL, not fantasy...NO ONE should have drafted Culpepper thinking he would be a starter, atleast not in the first half of the year.

I'll defend him to the very end but when you can't score more than 15 points against the two worst defenses in the league (Texans and Titans) it doesn't look good. If Mularky can commit to running the rock and feed Ronnie we'll be a lot better off.

I am however very worried about how many sacks C-Pep is taking. That is never good. I knew the O-line was average at best but it's looking like among the worst in the NFL.

I'll defend him to the very end but when you can't score more than 15 points against the two worst defenses in the league (Texans and Titans) it doesn't look good. If Mularky can commit to running the rock and feed Ronnie we'll be a lot better off.

I am however very worried about how many sacks C-Pep is taking. That is never good. I knew the O-line was average at best but it's looking like among the worst in the NFL.

Yea, Saban needs to atleast TRY to run the ball more, he hasn't even tried really the past 2 games. If Culpepper is still on the mend, you don't send him out to pass 30+ a game.

EDIT: Then again, maybe that is exactly why he let him throw so much against TENN and HOU. If it's bad defenses let him throw as much as possible and try to get him more comfortable.

Edited by CD6405

Looks like you are paying my dues next year

I'll defend him to the very end.

Hey, look up there..........on the wall..........it looks like writing.......what does it say?

:D

:D:D

:D Not going to happen...ever. He is the worst play caller in the nfl.

The worst thing for Culpepper right now is himself, crappy OC. Linehan used the same offense Culpepper did with vertical passing but he left.

Fixed. Put in Joey until Culpepper's knee is healed.

I'll defend him to the very end

I guess this is the part that I don't really understand. Culpepper hasn't done anything in Miami to earn that kind of blind loyalty. If he is consistenly not performing well over the course of a couple of seasons, then why defend him? It smacks of denial to me.