[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATTN Raider Nation: Does Moss have any value

Propdriver01

You don't have to be a Raider fan to answer that question.

He plays for a horrible team with an even worse head coach. They have no offense and they have no defense. AW threw for less than 100 yards last week. Moss caught a TD last week and still scored less than 10 points.

What is to make us think the situation is going to improve, especially when you consider it looks like Randy has already written the season off and isn't putting forth a real effort.

Does Randy Moss have any value this year. I watched him and he does not look like he is putting any effort to making a positive. Any thoughts that he is wearing out his welcome.

His value is directly related to the amount of mary jane he is carrying at the time, which he only partakes of once every blue moon.

You don't have to be a Raider fan to answer that question.

He plays for a horrible team with an even worse head coach. They have no offense and they have no defense. AW threw for less than 100 yards last week. Moss caught a TD last week and still scored less than 10 points.

What is to make us think the situation is going to improve, especially when you consider it looks like Randy has already written the season off and isn't putting forth a real effort.

It can't get any worse for the Raiders. Moss is bound to improve over the long haul. I mean how can you not improve from doing nothing after 3 games?

The answer is quite simply no. He is a cancer to this team at this point. Not publicly or anything, and he's not doing "the wrong things". But he isn't putting forth an effort, and thats not what a "rebuilding" team needs.

I wouldn't own him in fantasy, and I wouldn't own his rights if I were an NFL owner. Cut ties, and get what you can merely based on name value this season!

The answer is quite simply no. He is a cancer to this team at this point. Not publicly or anything, and he's not doing "the wrong things". But he isn't putting forth an effort, and thats not what a "rebuilding" team needs.

I wouldn't own him in fantasy, and I wouldn't own his rights if I were an NFL owner. Cut ties, and get what you can merely based on name value this season!

Nice avator though.....

No, Moss is not going to have a lot of value this year. Last week Andrew Walter mostly had time to throw, and he couldn't complete 50% of his passes. He had several bad drops (One by Moss that probably would have been a TD if he hauled it in) but even so, he would have struggled to make 50% completion percentage.

Lamont Jordan still has fantasy value though.

At this point I would be stunned if Moss ever has anything more than the occasional decent game.

IMO, the team (read: coaching staff) is a cancer to R. Moss. This guy had it all. A chance to break alot of records, a chance to carry a team to the playoffs, like he did MANY MANY MANY times for MIN. A chance at a Hall of Fame career. Now it's going on 3 seasons for him with NO stats. Last year he can blame on injury (which i'm sure he'll get "injured" very very soon) but this year, it's not his fault at all. The team truly has no direction. The players are completely bummed about their coaching staff. It's painfully obvious.

edit: for the record, I'm starting Moss in MVP this week. This is the ONLY week he SHOULD have a good game. If Art Shell is HALF of an HC, he should realize Moss is the only chance they have to win, plus, if you feed Moss the ball, he gets happy real quick. He could turn Moss's whole attitude around with one game vs a severely crappy DEF. :D

Edited by LooGie